Chapter 12

I Like You More (Than You Like Me)

Fresh blankets of snow formed on the grounds outside of Seoul, Korea.

It was another chilly winter day. It also was another day closer to Christmas.

The boys were out busy on their schedules that day. Everyone besides Sungjae,who had a day off to himself. Since it was the weekend, Sungjae had slept in. After a ten hour slumber, he woke up to an empty bedroom. The whole dorm was quiet. Too quiet. The sound of his stomach made him jump. He was hungry. It was already past noon. Sungjae sat up and bumped his head on the ceiling. "Aish." He rubbed his forhead. He then jumped down from the bunk and left to get something to eat.

 

Nothing was heard besides the squeaks of his feet on the hardwood floor. The silence was scaring him. He the TV and cranked the volume. Music Bank was on live. C-Clown was performing.

Sungjae had to find something to eat. Usually, he depended on his hyungs to cook for him. Sungjae didn't know how to cook. He didn't know how to work a stove. If he tried, he'd probably burn the house down. He knew how to make one thing though, which was cereal. He poured himself a bowl of Frosted Flakes with milk and sat in front of the TV. C-Clown was done and the MCs appeared. Uee and Jangwoo introduced the next group as a rookie. Ne. They are consisted of five girls who each love the winter. Can you guess who it is?

Sungjae almost choked on his cereal. He said it out loud. SNOW!!! He was right. It was Snow who performed next on TV. The song began. The same catchy tune Sungjae couldn't get out of his head for the past two weeks. He couldn't believe they've been promoting for two weeks. It seemed like it was just yesterday when they were trainees. He couldn't believe that Subin, the normal and innocent school-girl, was now a hot K-pop star who had her own fans now.

Sungjae couldn't count how many times he listened to this song. They played it all the time on the radio and he had it on repeat on his ipod. He already memorized it word for word. He was obsessed. Secretly, if the guys were home, Sungjae would hide under his blanket with his laptop to watch 5now. He was a total fanboy. He watched every one of their performances and interviews. He found them interesting and funny. He was absolutely hooked. He found a liking for all the members. But there was only one member whom he was attracted to...

On TV, it was almost his favorite part--Subin's solo. Her voice entranced him. He had no idea she was that talented. She electrified the stage during her parts. Sungjae remembered watching her in the practice room as she practiced this dance alone. He remembered how hard she worked, how tired she looked, and how frustrated she was. It all paid off.

Sungjae spotted zero flaws in their perfomance. He watched as Subin was focused on the screen. It was his favorite part. He watched carefully. Goosebump formed as he watched and listened to her sing. The way she winked at the camera made him cringe inside.

The song was over already. When they disappeared on TV, Sungjae wished for them to appear back. Now, B.A.P. was on stage singing their new song, One Shot. He watched Music Bank until the end since he had nothing better to do. When it ended, "Invincible Seniors" was on next. Sungjae turned off the TV and thought about what to do now. He could be doing his homework or do the laundy, but he had another idea instead. He realized he didn't buy any gifts for his hyungs yet. Since Christmas was next week, he thought it was a great time to go out and get stuff.

Sungjae dressed up warm and disguised himself in a scarf, beanie, and glasses. He headed out toward where all the shops were just down the road. He walked down the sidewalk, face hidden behind his scarf, and contemplated in his head of what to buy. He saw a comic book store down the sidewalk and thought of Hyunsik-hyung. Hyunsik loved reading manga. The comic book shop would be his first stop. He walked carefully on the slippery, icy sidewalk. Suddenly, a group of boys ran passed Sungjae making him stumble forward. It wasn't until another group of boys had passed did Sungjae slip on his . "Mianhae!" said a chubby boy who skidded, catching up behind the group of boys.

Sungjae scratched his head. "Aish. What are they up to?" He watched them follow a white van slowly driving down the road. The boys held signs which were too far for Sungjae to read. Sungjae managed to get up slowly from the cold ground. His was wet and cold. He continued onward to the comic book shop passing by the boys who made him slip. Sungjae looked over as the van stopped at a traffic light. He couldn't believe that boys were following the van. Usually girls did that. Sungjae was curious of who was in the van. The boys knocked on the windows yelling "Noona!!!"

Sungjae stood behind the group of boys. They held large signs which Sungjae could only see the back of. The boy next to him was screaming "SARANGHAE!" 

Sungjae asked one of the boys who wore a bagpack, "Hey, who's in there?"

The boy looked at him and said "Hey! I know you!" He pointed. "You're Yook Sungjae!!!" That wasn't the response he was hoping for. The boys started screaming at the van. They were getting really loud. Sungjae thought they were louder than the girls. The little boy turned around and forgot about Sungjae. He then started crying, "NOONA!!!! I LOVE YOUUUU!"

Sungjae gave up when no one told him and walked into the comic shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tumblr_mgf5h40G6L1r8mz0bo2_1280.jpg

"Aigoo, there's so many of them!"

"Our fanboys!"

At the stop light, the girls looked out the window and saw their fans holding signs with their names. They were screaming, chanting, and even knocking on the window.

"I can't believe we have fanboys now." Minji said.

"They're so young! They're probably still in middle school." Baenim said disappointed. "I wonder if we'll ever have fan-oppas..." she said. "Good-looking ones," she added.

Subin looked out the window and waved at the boys outside. She loved their reaction. "Haha, their so cute!" Subin laughed. One of the boy's held a notebook and pen, begging for an autograph. "Noona!!! Please!!!!" He begged.

"Aww." Subin was about to open the window when manger-oppa said, "Don't do it. You know the rules." She was aware of the rules. The rule of "not signing autographs in public". She thought that rule was ridiculous. She didn't want to leave that boy disappointed. He was her first real fan. She remembered the time when she was a fangirl. She would want an autograph from her favorite idol too.

Subin was always a rule follower, but she decided to break the rules just this once.

Subin rolled the window all the way down. "What are you doing?" She heard the girls in the back say. "The light is green! Subin! Not now!!" Manager Oppa said.

Subin ignored them. She took the boy's notebook and pen and asked, "What's your name?" The boy blinked and stuttered, "Kim M-m-mingyu..." He stared blankly as she carefully signed her signature and wrote his name. The boy took it in disbelief. "Wah, Kamsahamnida!" He smiled. Subin smiled back. More boys crowded the window and begged for autographs. "Me too!" She signed as many as she could. The cold air from outside made everyone freeze inside of the van. Subin's hands too were beginning to stiffin up from the cold. She still signed as much as she could.

A loud HONK made everyone jump all of a sudden. They were causing traffic. The van started moving. She finished the last autograph and finally tossed it to the boy with blue earmuffs. "I love you all!" She shouted to them. The boys looked so happy and jumped and waved. She waved back at the boys before rolling up the window.

The other members were shocked.

"Wow, Subin. That was amazing what you just did." Baenim said.

"Yeah Subin-ah, you are incredible." Minji said patting her.

"That was pretty cool. I don't ever see idols do that." Manager Oppa said. "Just don't do it again or I'll get in trouble."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Sungjae found the perfect manga for Hyunsik in the adult section of the store. "Oh, violence, blood, and romance. Hyunsik-hyung would love this." After buying Hyunsik's present, Sungjae wrapped himself up in his scarf and stepped outside into the cold air. He saw the group of the same fanboys outside the door. They were still squealing and fanboying. Sungjae walked up to the same boy he saw earlier, "So did you get their autographs?"

The boy looked at him and squealed, "Yeah! Look! She signed my bagpack!"

Sungjae read,

To: Mr. Bagpack

Don't catch a cold!

keke ^^

Love, Subin<3

Sungjae tried to read the signature as best as he could. Subin? So it was Snow's van?

The boy took his bag back. "Cool isn't it?"

"Ne. That's very cool." Sungjae said. He looked around and saw that the other boys got their stuff signed too. "Did all of you get your things signed?"

"Ne! Look, she signed my headphones!" A foreign looking boy said. Sungjae saw that it was signed by Subin too.

"She was so cool!!!" Another boy with white earmuffs squeaked.

"She's my bias now." A smaller boy said.

"Hey, I said she was mine! Yours was Baenim remember?" Another boy with a hat said.

"But I like Subin now. She's pretty." The smaller boy said.

"Noona's so pretty~" Another boy sang into a toy mic.

"Was she?" Sungjae asked the little boy.

"She was hot." Another boy with a beanie answered.

Sungjae chuckled and shook his head. These boys were so young. He found it funny how they fanboyed about Subin, the girl he once knew before her fame. Sungjae couldn't believe she had her own fanboys now. She was getting popular so quickly that he didn't realize how popular she was. Subin had already stolen the hearts of these school boys, making them scream and chase after their van already. 

Who knew what other guyhad their eyes on her? Sungjae couldn't imagine Subin with another man (or boy) other than himself. He had always imagined what it would be like if they were to together. How happy he would be. How less stressed he'd be because he was finally with her.

He had to learn how to man up before anyone else makes a move on her. There was already Ilhoon whom he had to compete with. She seemed so attached to him. Sungjae could have guessed that she liked Ilhoon. The thought gave Sungjae a headache. It drove him crazy.  He wanted her to know how he felt, he just didn't know when or how. He wanted to reveal himself to her one day. And on that one day, he'll feel much better, even if she doesn't like him back. He had to let it out. He had to learn how to man up first.

"You know Subin?" A boy with a dumbbell on his shirt asked. This question shot him at the mention of her name.

"Mmm, I've seen her before. I don't quite remember her face though." He said.

"Ah, you should look her up. You'll fall for her instantly." The boy said.

Sungjae smiled. "Alright. I will."

The boy looked at him. "Hey, aren't you--" Sungjae shh-ed him and casually started walking down the sidewalk.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

See my SEVENTEEN reference there^^ Sorry, I've been obsessed with these boys lately. I just had to write about them..Sorry if I confused you.

 

Please leave a comment and look forward to the next few chapters!

---Subin's fanboys!!---

 

 

(aka Mingyu who got his autograph first)(aka the smaller boy)

I can't wait for them to debut!

Aren't they cute? >w<

COMMENT!!!