Chapter 15

I Like You More (Than You Like Me)

snowmanCouple.jpg

Please ignore any grammatical/spelling errors. I usually write these things at 1 or 2 am. It's almost 5 am now and I'm too sleepy to read it over. Thn*zzzzz*

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next day was another day off for the idols.

Christmas was in five days. School was out for a while, but the ifols still had busy schedules. Luckily, they had a whole schedule-free weekend to themselves. Ilhoon and Subin made plans during that time to go Christmas shopping together.

Ilhoon and Subin decided to shop at the mall that day. Once Subin stepped out of them van, Ilhoon quickly took her scarf and wrapped it around her face. "We gotta be careful. You and I are in public. We don't want anyone to notice us." Ilhoon assured her. Subin nodded as Ilhoon put on his shades.

The mall was decorated beautifully with Christmas decor: silver bells, ornaments, snowflakes, and a huge Christmas tree tangled in bright lights. It all reminded Subin of home. Back in Busan, she'd always have a family photo with Santa every year. She was bummed that that wasn't going to happen this year. She missed her family so much. Sometimes, she wishes she weren't an idol. The Christmas music in the background just made her feel sentimental.

She just stood there thinking about how much she wished to be back home, how much she wanted to decorate their tree and bake holiday cookies with Hongbin. She thought of this while staring up at the tree.

"Subin-ah, are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine." She snapped out of it.

"Okay then. I was thinking we go to H&M first. I saw a coat that I think Changseob-hyung would love."

"Okay." Subin took another look at the tree and thought of family. She sighed and followed Ilhoon.

"You sure you okay? You seem a bit--"

"Ani. I'm good, see." She fake smiled. Ilhoon didn't buy it.

"You miss your family don't you?" He asked as they walked in H&M. Subin nodded forcing herself not to break a tear. Ilhoon looked at the sadness on her face. He pat her back.

"It's okay. You'll be fine. You know why?" Ilhoon looked around to see if anyone was looking. He took off his glasses to look at Subin in the eye. "Because you have us. And you have me. What could be better than that?"

Subin smiled. He appreciated how he tried to make her feel better, but it didn't work. "Thanks Ilhoon. You're a great friend."

Friend. Ilhoon nodded and put his glasses back on.

Subin and Ilhoon walked throughout the mall without being noticed yet. They've been shopping for hours now. "Gee, Christmas shopping is harder than I thought." Subin said. They held bags of gifts for everyone they knew. They still had more shopping to do. (a/n: hehe that rhymed)

"Hmm, what do you think I should get for Sungjae?" Ilhoon asked.

Well, he likes fishing and snowboarding. He also likes Kim Dongryul. And his favorite color is red.

All of these things popped in Subin's head. She didn't want Ilhoon to know how much she knew about Sungjae (at least what she thought she knew based on fanpop.com). So she just shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe we could go to the sports store."

"Oh yeah! That's a good idea. I remember he likes to ski or something."

At the sporting goods store, they looked by the skiing section. "Aigoo. I have no idea what to get from here." Ilhoon said. "I'll just buy him a hat or something."

Later, they passes by a jewelry store. One of the items in the sales window caught Subin's eye. "Wah, so pretty! And sparkly!" It was a sterling silver diamond bracelet. It shimmered in the light. Subin had never seen anything like it in her life.

"You like that?" Ilhoon asked looking over her shoulder.

"It's beautiful!" She squeaked. "Omo. But it's $700! Nevermind." She started walking again.Ilhoon took one last glance before following Subin.

He followed Subin into a record store full of K-Pop and such. "Oh no, this is where you have to be careful. There's fans everywhere." Ilhoon whispered.

"Okay, it'll just be real quick. You can wait out there if you want." Ilhoon waited for her outside the store. Subin covered her face as she went through the K-pop CD's alphabetically. "Ha! Found it!" It was Snow's CD. She couldn't believe her face was on an album cover in a record store! Though she had a bunch of copies at the dorm, this one was special to her. She wanted to buy her own album herself for the fun of it.

Once they were done shopping at the mall and dropped off their bags at the dorm they met at the Cube Cafe. Both ordered warm drinks for the weather was chilly.

"For here or to go?"

"For here--"

"Make it to go." Ilhoon suddenly cut Subin off.

"Why did you order to go? I like their big mug things." Subin said.

The truth was, Ilhoon still wanted to take Subin out. It was his chance to make sure she fell for him. He wanted to spend as much time with her as possible without Sungjae getting in the way. He knew Sungjae wanted to get a little something from Subin too,but Ilhoon was not going to make that happen. He knew that Sungjae was Subin's bias, but he was positive that her feelings had switched ever since they (Ilhoon and Subin) started hanging out. Ilhoon was pretty sure her feelings were set and focused on him now.

If Sungjae tried to get in the picture, it would just ruin everything. He had a sense that Sungjae had interest for her too. Ilhoon had to avoid him as much as possible if Subin were around. Ilhoon really liked Subin and wanted to have her as his own.

They got their drinks in their to go cups and went outside. The winter breeze sliced through their exposed skin. "Where are we going?" Subin's teeth chattered as she sipped her coffee. Ilhoon started walking through the snow as Subin followed behind.

"Oppa~" She pouted. She'd never called Ilhoon Oppa before. She figured since they were close friends now, it was appropriate. Ilhoon took it a different way and smiled. "It's so cold! Where are you going?" Subin whined.

Ilhoon stopped and took her bare hand with his. "Come on. Just follow my lead." Subin blushed.Hand in hand, Ilhoon and Subin walked down the snow covered street and stopped at a nearby park. It was covered in snow. Children built snowmen and snowforts around the whole area.

"Wah, are we gonna make snowmen too?" Subin smiled excitedly.

"No, even better." Ilhoon smirked. He started walking again pulling Subin along with their fingers intertwined. They made at the far end of the park where there were no people nor snowmen, just flat, fresh, and untouched snow.

"Is this it?" Subin asked.

Ilhoon nodded. "Yup. It's the best place to do whatever."

"Let's build a snowman!" Subin suggested.

"Ah ah, isn't that for little kids?" Ilhoon teased.

"Come on. Don't tell me you don't miss making snowmen."

"I don't. But I do miss this." Ilhoon suddenly leaned back falling onto the snow making Subin fall with him. Hands still interlocked, Ilhoon started waving his arms up and down with hers. Both of them moved their arms and legs like scissors on top of the cold snow.

"Snow angels." Subin began looking at Ilhoon. "Isn't that for little kids?" They both laughed and when their arms and legs got too tired from snow angel-ing, they stared at the bright sky, still hand in hand.

It was silent for a while. All Ilhoon could think about was Subin, how she was right there by his side holding his hand. While everything was frozen outside, he was pretty sure his insides were melting.

Subin looked and met eyes with Ilhoon. The sight of her pretty face made Ilhoon want to grab her and kiss her. He really thought it was a good time. He leaned in a little, waiting for her to close her eyes first. Instead she said, "This is getting boring. Can we build snowmen now."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Omg. Have you guys seen the newest Sik's Sense special feature?  It was so cute and funnyXD

Anyway, what do you think so far?

Leave a comment and look forward to my next chapters please:)

 This part of Sik's Sense kind of relates to my story right? (minus Sungjae)