Chapter 13

I Like You More (Than You Like Me)

A/N: Short one for now...enjoy^^

_________________________________________________________________________________________

At lunch, Subin had go to the library to study for her finals. Because of her busy schedule, she had not had enough time to study or prepare for them. She'd been freaking out about it this whole day. She had finals for every one of her classes: physics, calculus, human anatomy, English, Korean 101, and music theory. For every subject, she had a book which was a pain in the to carry. Before going to the library, she met up will Ilhoon at their usual spot in the cafeteria.

"What's with all the books?" Ilhoon questioned.

"I gotta study for finals. I'll be in the library." She told him.

"Okay. You want me to come with you?"

"Ani, it's fine. You go ahead and eat lunch." She smiled as she struggled to carry her six books. It was like she was carrying bricks or something. One of the books almost fell, but Ilhoon caught it first.

"Here, let me help you carry those books." He took a couple from her arms. She felt much better.

Subin smiled. "Gomawo."

Together, they walked to the library. The found a quiet working spot in the back of the room. Ilhoon sat her books down on the table. "Thanks Ilhoon." she whispered.

"You sure you're okay here by yourself?"

"Ne. I'm good here." she smiled.

"Alright then. I'm gonna head back to lunch. Study hard!" He said before leaving.

45 minutes wasn't enough time to study. Every minute had to be spent absorbed in her books and notes. She turned off her phone to avoid any distractions. She cared about her grades that much. Subin could never work in silence though. The place Ilhoon chose was way too quiet. She always worked best with her music. She plugged in her earphones and let the music accompany her in her studying. She played her BTOB playlist. "Stand Up" played first. She opened her physics book and began to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Red = Subin's thoughts

Blue = Sungjae's thoughts

Green = Ilhoon's thoughts

For Sungjae's English class, he had to read a chapter book in English. Sungjae didn't know what to get since he never read books in English before. He asked the librarian, "Where do you keep your English books?"

The librarian pointed. "All of our English books are in the back of the library."

"Kamsahamnida." Sungjae made his way to the back of the library. He found the "English Section". There were shelves and shelves of English books. There were many selections. Sungjae didn't know what to choose. He read the title of one book. T-to kill a m-m-mocking bird? What's a mocking bird? Are they gonna kill it?Sounds like a scary book. He took out another book which had a boy and a girl making out on the cover. The Notebook? I heard this is one of those chick flick novels. Hmm, I might get this. I'll go look some more in case I find something better.

Sungjae went around to the next row of book shelves. He skimmed through all the titles. Of Mice and Men, Hunger Games, Twilight, Perks of Being a Wallflower? Aigoo, there's so many. Sungjae looked over to see if there were more in the back. Instead of the books, his eyes caught on something else. A girl, sitting at a table by herself. Books surrounded her, not just around the room, but in front of her, literally stacked around her work space. He watched as she worked deliberately in her notebook. He saw how content she looked while reading and shuffling through her notes. She didn't notice him staring yet so Sungjae kept looking. Subin-ah, you look pretty even when you study.

Subin's hair got it her face as she wrote something down. She blew her hair out of her face and sighed. Aigoo. This is so much work. My head hurts. Her stomach grumbled loud. Uh, Behgopah ~~(I'm starving.) She looked at the time. She had five minutes until lunch was over. She told herself she would spend each minute studying. She took out her notes for human anatomy and studied some more.

Sungjae realized that he didn't have a book yet. He stopped himself from looking. He had to find a book. There were still more books in the back shelf behind Subin. I wonder if she'll notice when I pass by? Sungjae walked toward the book shelf. As he got closer, Subin didn't notice him yet. He passed by her completely without her noticing. Sungjae was behind her now, out of her sight. He looked through the books. Woah, Harry Potter! Peniel-hyung loves reading this! I think I'll get this. He tried pulling the book out, but it was stuck between the other books. Sungjae pulled it with all his finger muscle and was able to slip it out. After he did, the other books from the shelf fell on the floor. They crashed loudly onto the floor. Subin didn't even notice. "Shh!" A librarian said passing by.

"Joehsonghapnida! (sorry)" Sungjae loudly said to the librarian. His voice was loud enough for Subin to hear through her music. She saw the angry librarian, but couldn't see who was behind her. She paused her music. "You better clean this up young man!" the librarian said. On the floor, Subin saw a Harry Potter book lay beside her foot. She bent down to grasped it up. At the same time she saw another hand pick it up. She looked up at him. Aigoo~

They both held onto the book. Sungjae slowly looked up. S-sungjae... hung open with wide eyes. They silently and blankly stared at each other. Subin was melting inside while Sungjae's heart was beating uncontrollably. It felt as if they were the only ones in this room. The whole outer world was a blur to them now. Subin watched Sungjae's adam's apple slowly go up and down. She's doing it again. She's making you nervous. Say something Sungjae. Be a man. Sungjae broke the silence first. "Mi-mianhae." Subin blinked and snapped out of it.

"Mianhae." Subin let go of the book. Subin went back to her work space as Sungjae finished picking up the books on the floor. When he finished, he saw her still working. Just say something Sungjae.

"Studying for finals?" He said suddenly.

Subin looked up and smiled. "Ne." she said. Sungjae nodded. Don't talk to her you fool! Let her study! He was arguing with himself.

"Alright. I'll see you later then," he said.

No, don't leave! "Okay," she smiled and waved. Just then, the bell rang. Aish, already?  I have so much to carry. From a distance, Sungjae looked back and saw Subin struggle to pick up the books from the table. She attempted to lift six, five-hundred paged books. Keke, does she really think she can carry all that?

Subin managed to get the heavy load off the table. Her arms were jelly. She dropped one of the books and another. Behind her, she heard a voice. "Need help?" She turned around and saw Sungjae. She was happy to see him back. He took the whole stack of books from her arms and the ones that fell on the floor. "Is this it?" He asked.

"Ne. I carry some too if you want." Subin said.

"Ani. I got it."Subin was impressed. Sungjae was able to carry all six without a problem, unlike Ilhoon who carried only half the books. Wah, Sungjae. My night and shining armor. You're so strong...Subin could imagine those biceps flexing under his uniform. "Gomawo~" she sang.

Together, they walked out the library. Wow, Sungjae carrying my books for me? Is this really happening? Just out the door, they bumped into Ilhoon. "Hey, I was about to come help carry your books." He told Subin. "But I guess you found another guy." He looked at Sungjae with a sense fo frustration. You finally beat me to it.

"That's okay Ilhoon. Thanks anyway." Subin said.

Ilhoon held a brown paper bag and gave it to Subin. "I got you lunch. I'm sure you'd get hungry after all that studying." Subin snatched the bag from Ilhoon.

"Ah, I'm dying of hunger!" She opened the bag and sniffed the inside. "Ahh, thanks Ilhoon! You're a life saver!" Ilhoon smirked and looked at Sungjae. You hear that? She thinks I'm a life saver.

The three began to walk down the hall. The books Sungjae was carrying was getting heavy for him now. He struggled a little. Aish. This is so heavy.

"Is that too heavy for you Sungjae? Here, let me take some." Ilhoon gestured. Hallelujah! That would be great Ilhoon! My arms are killing me!

"Ani. He said got it!" Subin said giggling.  Ilhoon left Sungjae struggling. Just carry it Sungjae. She'll think you're strong and manly. Carry it the whole way. Even if it hurts.

Ilhoon took Subin's backpack which was heavy too. "Ani. Ilhoon, you don't have too!" Subin said. Ilhoon's always so generous. Any girl would love to have him as a boyfriend. He's such a sweet guy. But why me?

This boy never gives up does he...

"I insist!" Ilhoon said. "You just enjoy your lunch. How's the muffin?"

"Ah, it's so moist. You chose the perfect one." Two points~

"Of course. Ilhoon only picks the best for the best~" Ilhoon said. Subin laughed. Sungjae rolled his eyes. Is this guy for real?

They finally made it to Subin's physics class. Both of them followed her in. Sungjae placed the books on her desk while Ilhoon placed her backpack on the seat. Subin watched and couldn't help but smile. She couldn't believe she was being accompanied by these boys. It was a dream come true. "Thanks guys!" She said.

"It's our pleasure." Ilhoon bowed.

Sungjae rubbed his fingers together, jokingly hinting for a tip. Subin giggled and played along by giving him her trash. "Here's your tip." Sungjae looked at it confused and they both laughed.

A man's loud voice spoke in front of the classroom. "YOOK SUNGJAE! JUNG ILHOON! What are you two doing in my classroom?"

The two boys bowed. "Mianhae. We're heading out now." Ilhoon said. The whole class watched as Ilhoon dragged Sungjae out the door with him. Subin chuckled.

"Alright class. You are now going to take the physics final on everything we learned this semester. I hope you all studied."

Subin wasn't paying attention. Instead, she watched as Ilhoon and Sungjae left out the door. Ilhoon peaked his head back in to wave goodbye to Subin. Subin smiled and waved back. Where's Sungjae oppa? Subin was hoping he'd pop his head in too, but the teacher shut the door on them. Subin sighed and paid attention to what the teacher was saying now. "For this test you need a number two pencil, a calculator, and a half page of notes."

Subin dug through her backpack, and searched for her things. She heard knocking on the window beside her. She looked up. Sungjae!! He waved and said "HWAITING!" with a fist. Subin giggled. Just then, her teacher blocked her view and dropped the blinds down. "Do not be distracted by anything during this test." He told the class. "This will determine your final grade. You may begin once I give it to you." He placed the test onto her desk. Subin exhaled hard and began.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

COMMENT !

(Please, I really wanna know your thoughts)

thanks for subscribing!

 

 

 

tumblr_mccq8tS2j11r55hpm.gif

Sungjae's arms:O

A1JM1HiCUAAsb3o.jpg:largebf5k3gwow

Ilhoon's tofu arms...

 

tumblr_mhpe7i55Ib1riqqhao4_1280.jpgkeke cute

BONUS

Ilhoon's shake XD

 I still love these two<3

Don't forget to comment! ^^