Sorry

And Then You Came Along

 

Minhyuk's POV
 
I walked through the hall, looking everywhere. Around me people whispered, but I ignored them. I was used to being the new kid, so it didn't really faze me. So far, the school seemed to be pretty old. The floors was dusty, and the lockers was boringly black. Next to me, mom was walking with stressed footsteps. She never relaxed, it was a work damage. She was the CEO for some huge company, which made her move from town to town atleast twice a year.
 
"Hurry up, Minhyuk, we're already late", mom hurried.
 
"Yeah, yeah", I answered, not really listening.
 
"I'm serious! Come on now", she said, taking a grip of my shirt.
 
She dragged me forward, increasing our pace. Since I dind't have control over my legs, I accidentally walked into a girl.
 
"Sorry!" I called after her, not being able to stop.
 
She looked up with bewilderment written all over her face. My heart skipped a beat as our eyes met. She was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. But to my disappointment, she broke our eye-contact, looking down at the floor. I wanted to talk to her, but it was impossible since the woman who gave birth to me was dragging me away from her. But as soon as I was free from my mom, I would seek her up to give her a real excuse.
 
Sojin's POV
 
Did that really just happen? Someone said sorry to me. And he had looked at me too. It was obvious that he was new, no one ever behaved that way towards me. But it still cheered me up. Even if just a little bit.
 
That little happiness I had recieved earlier disappeared as lunch came. The lunch hour was always the hardest to get through. It never mattered how good I hide, they always found me. I waited behind in the classroom as long as I could, before I almost ran to my locker to leave my stuff. It was weirdly empty in the hall, and I could hear my own heavy breathing. My heart was racing away, and my fingers was shaking so badly I almost couldn't unlock my locker. My mouth had gotten dry like sand, and even if I tried to swallow, it only burnt down my throat. I just pushed the stuff into the locker, not caring if it got ruined. I just needed a little time, so they couldn't find me so fast. I turned around, and almost got a heart attack. Right behind me a guy stood, smiling at me. I stared at him, not knowing what I should do.
 
"Hi! I just wanted to say I'm sorry for ealier. I didn't see you, so it just kind of happened", he said, scratching the back of his head.
 
What? What was he talking about? Then I remembered, and I felt my face heat up. I looked down at the floor, not being able to look at his face.
 
"It's okay", I mumbled, crossing my arms over my chest.
 
It was a little hard for me to talk to him, knowing that he soon would be one of those who hated me. He was only talking to me because he didn't know better.
 
"You sure?" he asked, sounding sincere.
 
I nodded. 
 
"I'm Minhyuk by the way", he said.
 
I looked up, and saw that he raised his hand. As a reflex, I tensed up and covered my body with my arms.
 
"Uhm..." he said, awkwardly holding out his hand.
 
I got even hotter in the face, knowing how weird it must've looked for him. I dropped my arms, and gave his hand a look.
 
"This is where you shake my hand and tell me your name", Minhyuk hinted, holding his hand even closer to me.
 
I hesitated before I took it, and got startled when he took a firm grip around my hand. He had very strong hands. The statement made me blush even more, and I looked down at my feet.
 
"Sojin", I mumbled. 
 
"Nice to meet you Sojin", he said, and then he dropped my hand.
 
I opened it and closed it for a couple of times, having some tingleling feeling in my hand. 
 
"So, could you show me the way to the cafeteria? I'm new, so I don't really know where everything is", he said, laughing a little.
 
The cafeteria. I hadn't eaten lunch in there on several years, and the thought made my blood freeze.
 
"Uh-I'm-you... No", I stuttered.
 
His forehead wrinkled. "Why not?"
 
There was two reasons, but I couldn't tell him. The first one was that I would be too vulnerable. They would spot me too easily. The second was him. I couldn't drive this guy to social suicide. 
 
"I've already eaten", I blurted out.
 
"We got lunch like ten minutes ago", he said. "Come on, I'm not that horrible, am I?"
 
"No-I just-" I tried, but got interrupted.
 
"Exactly! Now, come on, before I die of hunger", he joked, taking my arm in a firm grip.
 
I tensed up by the contact, but let him drag me with him