Friends

And Then You Came Along

 

Minhyuk's POV
 
The next day, I was looking forward to see Sojin again. She wasn't so hard to get close to, she was just hard to crack. When I passed her locker, I smiled at the word that I so carefully had carved in, and continued on to my own. As I was looking for my things, I felt someone standing behind me. I turned my head and stared up at a guy. He was pretty tall, and he looked pissed.
 
"Are you Minhyuk?" he asked me with a deep voice.
 
"Uhm... Yes?" I answered, unsure about what he wanted from me.
 
He instantly got closer to me, causing me to take a step back and back into the locker. Behind him, there was some other guys who was smirking at me.
 
"I highly recommend for you to back off and mind your own business", he said, his face inches away from mine.
 
"What?" I asked, very confused.
 
"You should just stay away from your little friend so no one gets hurt", he said.
 
"Who the hell are you?" I asked, getting mad at him.
 
Before he got the chance to reply, a hand appeared on his shoulder, and when I turned my head I saw Peniel.
 
"Hi, Kyunwoo. Minhyuk. What are you doing?" he asked, looking between us.
 
The guy, Kyunwoo, glared at Peniel, but when he noticed Eunkwang and Changsub behind him, he backed off from me. Without answering Peniel's question, he gave him a look and then left. His friends followed him, and I looked after them.
 
"Thanks", I said, turning to Peniel.
 
"No problem. He's an , but he doesn't have the guts to do something to anyone who's with someone", he answered, shrugging.
 
"What's his deal anyway?" I asked, returning to my locker.
 
"He doesn't like people that goes against his will", he answered.
 
"What've I done?" I asked, even though I had a clue.
 
The question made all of them cringe, and they didn't even have to say it for me to understand. I was talking to Sojin. That was what I'd done.
 
Sojin's POV
 
I stood at my locker, trying to find my math book, when someone took a grip of my hair. The hand forced my head back, and my eyes teared because of the pain. I stared up at Kyunwoo, who looked even scarier than usual. He didn't say a word, but I didn't need that to realize that I was in for something special. Without anything said, he started dragging me away from my locker, and the only thing I could do was to be dragged along. He pushed me inside the toilets, with so much power that I fell down to the floor. Pain shot up my knees, making my eyes tear up even more. I rolled around to see him lock the door, knowing what would come next. I hadn't even done anything. Still, he was doing his best to make my life a living hell. He and many others.
 
Minhyuk's POV
 
It worried me that I hadn't seen Sojin one single time before lunch. If Kyunwoo hadn't succeeded with punishing me, what stopped him from taking it out on Sojin? When class ended, I went to the toilets before I headed to the cafeteria. The boy's toilets wasn't the nicest place in the school, and I would rather not go there, but I wasn't more than human, so I was forced to do it. When I pushed the door open, there was only one stall that was occupied, so I went to the one next to it. When I stood and washed my hands, I saw in the relfection of the mirror a pair of shoes that belonged to a girl, inside the occupied stall. Weird. No one could miss the obvious sign on the door that showed that it was the men's toilet. I turned off the water, and walked closer to the stall.
 
"Hello? Who's in there?" I called through the door.
 
No answer. The girl must've known that it was the wrong toilets. 
 
"I know you're in there!" I said, knocking on the door.
 
I heard a quiet movement, and heard a clicking sound that showed that the door was unlocked. I took a step back to let the girl out, and when the door slowly opened, my eyes grew round. It was Sojin. Even though she was pressing a couple of tissues against her nose and she had a bruise on her cheek, I could tell it was her.
 
"Sojin? What happened?" I asked, gripping her arm.
 
She jerked away from me, and bent her head down. The blood had leaked through the thin paper, coloring it red, and I felt the rage boil under my skin. 
 
"Was it Kyunwoo?" I asked her quietly.
 
No answer again. Loosing my patience, I grabbed her chin and forced her to look at me. Her eyes was filled with tears, and my rage immediatly faded away and got replaced with sorrow. She didn't deserve it. Carefully, I her hair out of her face to see the bruise better, and she flinched when I touched it lightly. Without letting her face go with my eyes, I turned the water on again, letting it get cold, before I grabbed some new tissues and held them under the water. At the same time, I lowered her hand that held the bloody tissues pressed against her face, revealing the flooding blood coming out of her nose. Quickly, I pressed the wet tissues against the nose instead, and I noticed her sigh a little in relief. She looked at me with her intelligent eyes, like she found me confusing. I met her gaze, and her cheeks got slightly red.
 
"Why are you being so nice to me?" she asked me, so quietly I almost didn't hear it.
 
I smiled a little at her, and she frowned at my reaction.
 
"Because I'm your friend. And friends stand up for each other."