Fallen

And Then You Came Along

 

Minhyuk's POV
 
Even though I didn't want her too, Sojin eventually had to leave. I left dad in the living room to tell her goodbye. It was obvious that he liked her, and that was quite the relief for me. Before she left, she turned to me and gave me one heart stopping smile.
 
"Thank you", she said, and I was unsure on what it was she was thanking me for.
 
"No, thank you", I replied, grinning at her.
 
She rolled her eyes the slightest, and then opened the door to leave. I stood in the doorway and watched her walk away. When she'd walked a small distance, she turned around and waved at me. I waved back, smiling at her, before she continued to walk and I closed the door. When I turned around, I found dad standing behind me, smiling at me.
 
"What?" I asked him.
 
"You're smiling", he pointed out.
 
I was. I pulled my expression together and shrugged. Dad looked at the door and then at me, letting out a sigh.
 
"She's a lovely girl. Somewhat peculiar, but it's easy to see why you fell for her", he said with a serious tone.
 
"W-what? I haven't fallen for her!" I protested, getting red in the face.
 
"Mhm. And who's going to believe that?" 
 
"Heh..." 
 
He looked at me for a few seconds, before he chuckled at me. 
 
"It's about time that you found yourself a girl. I was beginning to worry if you even liked girls", he joked, heading for the kitchen.
 
"Oh, haha. Aren't you funny", I muttered, loudly enough for him to hear me. 
 
Sojin's POV
 
It was like a smile was glued to my face, it wouldn't go away. The thought of Minhyuk kept it alive, and the weird part was that I didn't even want it to disappear. But as soon as I stepped inside my own door, my mood sank immediatly.
 
"Sojin?" mom's voice called from the living room. "Where have you been?"
 
I but my lip, cursing myself for leaving without giving her an excuse. I walked up to the doorway, and mom looked sternly at me. 
 
"At the library", I answered quietly.
 
She frowned even more than before, not even bothering to hide her disapproval. 
 
"You'll always tell someone when you go somewhere. It's not a favor, it's your duty as a daughter", she said.
 
Right. Duty. I nodded, before I headed upstairs. 
 
Mom hadn't always been that strict, indifferent woman she became. When I was little, she'd been a wise mom, trying to teach me and my brother to behave nicely. Not exactly that warm and gentle mom that often get portrayed in movies, but she'd cared. Etiquette had always been important in her world, a perfect life was a must. So it was a huge disappointment when I became that girl with no friends. No one who liked me enough to be around me. And I'd let her down. Dad had never really been there for me, so his dissatisfaction didn't matter as much as mom's. The woman who had raised me, the woman who had been expecting better things from me. And then I turned out to be this big disappointment for all of them. She'd turned her back to me, not wanting to see the imperfection she had as a daughter. Pride means everything in the upper class.
 
 Minhyuk's POV
 
The first thing that happened on the monday morning when I walked through the doors of school, was Ilhoon, basically running straight into me.
 
"Whoa, watch where you're going", I said, taking a step back to get some space.
 
He had a mischievious grin on his face, which made me suspicious. What was that boy up to?
 
"How did the date go?" he asked me, giving me a meaningful look.
 
"Date?" I asked in confusion.
 
"Dude, don't try to act innocent! I saw you and Sojin saturday in the park!" he said, punching me on the arm.
 
Oh no. I grimaced, and he grinned even broader.
 
"Yeah... That wasn't a date..." I said, trying to escape out of the uncomfortable situation.
 
"Uhu, then what was it?" he kept on pushing, not letting me get away.
 
I sighed and gave him an irritated look. 
 
"Two friends hanging out. Now, can I go to my locker?" I asked.
 
He pouted, but moved so I could pass. He followed me tightly, bothering me with questions. It was funny, the guy who first had thought that Sojin was an outsider, now wanted to know every detail about my day with her.