Hanging out

And Then You Came Along

 

Minhyuk's POV
 
The rest of that week passed quickly, and when friday came, I'd decided to do something that I was increadibly unsure about. When I was standing besides her locker after the last lesson, waiting for her to pack her stuff, I collected all of my courage. 
 
"Uhm... Sojin?" I asked her, making her look at me.
 
Jeesh, those eyes made me get all weak in the knees. She smiled slightly at me, only making it harder for me.
 
"I-uh... I just wondered if you... wanted to do something tomorrow?" I asked her, stuttering. 
 
Her expression went blank, and then surprised. I immediatly regretted asking, and got ready to take it back, when she smiled at me.
 
"Sure", she answered.
 
She'd said yes. Without being able to hold it back, my face split up in a huge smile. 
 
"Okay! Should I come by your place, or..?" I asked.
 
The smile faded away from her face, and she looked down at the floor. 
 
"N-no. Can't we meet up somewhere?" she asked, looking back up at me.
 
"Okay... Where?" I asked, becoming highly suspicious by her reaction.
 
"The park?" 
 
"The one in the middle of town? Sure", I said, smiling.
 
She smiled back, and I had a feeling that it was more in relief than in anticipation. 
 
"Around twelve?" I asked, as she closed her locker.
 
"Sure. See you then", she said, giving me a last smile before she left.
 
I watched her leave, having an uneasy feeling in my stomach. It couldn't possibly be something wrong in her home, too?
 
Sojin's POV
 
He'd asked me to hang out. Never had a guy asked me that, and it'd been several years since I last spent time with someone outside school. Suddenly, anxiety hit me. What if I did something wrong? What if he would realize that I wasn't as fun as he thought I was? But shouldn't he have realized that already? Maybe he was just pitying me? Feeling so sorry for me that he felt obligated to help me. It wasn't completely impossible. 
 
When I woke up the next morning, it took me a few minutes to remember what'd happened. Minhyuk. Spendning the day. I turned around to see what time it was, and the clock showed 10:25. I had about one and a half hour to get ready. To be honest, I only needed twenty minutes, but it was better if I had some time. Mom would surely get suspicious if I only went out without a good reason, and telling her that I was going with some guy from school wouldn't be acceptable. That was when it hit me. I didn't know anything about Minhyuk, even though he was the one who'd helped me. It actually made me curious, how did his family look like? It had to be really nice, since he was the most patient and good hearted person I knew.
 
Minhyuk's POV
 
"Dad! Have you seen my shoe?" I yelled, crouching to look under my bed.
 
"No, but it's probably where you left it!" he yelled back.
 
I rolled my eyes at him, standing up straight. I didn't have time for searching after my lost shoe, I had to be at the park in fifteen minutes! It was actually expected that I would screw something up, but not in the most ridiculous way. I walked out of my room, and looked around. And there it was. Infront of the door. I muttered some wisely choosed words, bending down and putting the stupid shoe on my foot. 
 
I sat down on a bench, nervously shaking my legs. Sojin wasn't there yet, which left me waiting for her. That's when those forbidden thoughts comes out. What if something goes wrong? What if the day ends in disaster? I could say something wrong, hurting her, all unconsiously. I shook my head slightly, trying to get them out of my head, and that was when I saw her. She was walking down the path, still with that insecure posture, but her face was more relaxed than usual. It was the first time I saw her without her uniform. Her clothes were simple, not very eye catching, but for some reason, they looked extremely good on her. They were light, so it kind of lit up her whole being. She noticed me, and looked down at the ground, trying to hide some clear blushing. That was when I realized that I was staring, and I blinked to get my eyes back to their normal size. I stood up, drying my sweaty hands off on my jeans, before I smiled at her.
 
"Hello!" I greeted her.
 
"Hi. Sorry I'm late", she mumbled, not looking up from the ground.
 
"Oh no, I'm early. You're just in time", I said, babbling away.
 
She looked up at me, giving me a kind smile. She knew that I was talking nonsense. We looked at each other for a couple of awkward moments, before I opened my mouth.
 
"Well... What do we do now?"