Beautiful

And Then You Came Along

 

Sojin's POV
 
He was really... special. I pressed my lips together to keep a smile away as I watched him walk away. That was the first time anyone ever had cared about me. I looked at the locker, my fingers over the uneven steel. Why did he care though? He didn't know me. Right. That was why. I dropped my hand to my side, and then walked to class. 
 
History was horrible. It was like they knew that Minhyuk talked to me, and wanted to punish me a little extra. They threw both paperballs and pieces of erasers at me, and something that burned once they touched my skin. I didn't want to know what it was, all I needed to know was that it was there for causing me pain. And once again, it seemed as if the teacher just ignored my suffering, simply by closing her eyes and looking another way. 
 
No One's POV
 
Sojin basically ran out of the classroom when it called out for lunch, rushing to the toilets. Her skin was burning so badly from whatever her classmates had thrown at her, she needed to cool it down. When she ran past her locker, she didn't see the new word carved into the black material.
 
                                                                 Loser
                                                              Ugly
                                             Nobody
                                                                    Die
                                                     Beautiful                                                                 
 
Sojin's POV
 
My eyes teared up as the cold water hit my arm. Small red marks had begun to pop up where the burning stuff had hit me. It burned ridiculously much for being such small wounds, but it did. I dropped my bag to the floor, not caring to be careful, and rolled up my sleeves. It burned so badly, I just wanted it to end. I started to rub the water against my skin, trying to hurry the effect, but only made it worse. It couldn't be anything else but an allergic reaction, nothing could make such harm by simply touching my skin, could it? One of them had hit me on the cheek, and I almost thought I would go blind. I splashed the water to my face, causing my shirt to get wet too. But eventually, the pain faded and only left me wet and covered in red spots. I sighed in relief, and then I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked pathetic. My hair was dripping with water, and you could see through my white shirt. Once again, I had to try and clean up as much as I possibly could. It passed about three minutes, and then I heard the door open and voices come in. I froze right on the spot, looking in the mirror who it was. Either I would get some more pain, or I would just get ignored. It was two girls that I didn't know the name of, and both of them came to an abrupt stop when they saw me. I locked eyes with one of them, and she opened , like she was about to say something. But she closed it again. I looked down, staring at the water tap. I thought I could recall that she was called Sunny. I recognized her from my math class. The two of them walked up to the mirror, standing as far away as possible. I felt their stares, but ignored them. They weren't going to hurt me. Not physically atleast. They were silent observers, who never said anything. It was almost worse, knowing that they saw what I went through everyday, but they didn't care enough to do anything about it. 
 
When I left the bathroom, still a little wet, most students had already eaten, which ment that it almost wasn't any time for me to hide. I couldn't drag around all of my books, so I quickly walked to my locker, constantly looking around. When I twisted the combination, I noticed the new word. My brain seemed to loose touch with the rest of my body, causing me to stand perfectly still. Beautiful. The word was underlined, so it was the first thing that the eyes fell upon. The hand writing was so neat, and the word so carefully carved in that it made me wonder how long time it took to do it. My heart swelled up, and a weird feeling spread in my chest, filling my whole body with warmth. Somebody had actually taken time to carve in that word in my locker. Somebody. It was like a lightbulb went off in my head. Minhyuk. It couldn't be anyone else. No one else cared, and he had confronted me ealier about my ruined locker. My face heated up, and I quickly opened the locker. Why was he doing this? I had nothing to offer him except trouble.
 
Minhyuk's POV
 
I watched her open her locker from a distance. Seeing her reaction was unbeatable, and made me feel good. It maybe was a little creepy to just stand there and stare at her, but it was the only way for me to actually see her whole face. Otherwise she bent her head down, letting her hair cover her face as much as possible. The idea to carve in that word that described her so well, had been an impulse that I'd followed. I'd been late for my class, but it was worth it. To see her lit up, if even for just a few seconds, was good enough for me. It was way too obvious that she was enduring some serious pain everyday, and it made me pissed to think that no one had given her any help. But I was going to do that. I was going to help her, in one way or another.