Helping

And Then You Came Along

 

Ilhoon's POV
 
It wasn't good. I'd noticed the looks Minhyuk recieved from the other students. Even though I tried to tell him to stay away, he wouldn't listen. I really liked that guy, I didn't want to see him get slammed into lockers everyday. Of course, I didn't hate that Sojin girl either, but what was there that I could do? If I would do something, I would only get beaten up too, and I didn't want that. I didn't even know her. And neither did Minhyuk, but he stills insisted on talking to her. I saw Peniel walking down the hall, doing something on his phone. I ran up to him, but he didn't notice my presence.
 
"Dude!" I said, punching him lightly on the shoulder.
 
He jerked back, alarmed, and stared up at me. When he saw who it was, he rolled his eyes and put the phone in his pocket.
 
"What do you want?" he said, obviously not in the right mood.
 
"You know Minhyuk?" I asked, needing to get the situation off my chest.
 
"Yeah?" he answered impatiently.
 
"Well... That Sojin girl he talked about before, it's the Loner", I said, carefully watching Peniel's reaction.
 
He looked at me, looking a little surprised, and then he shrugged and looked down at the floor.
 
"So?" he asked.
 
"What do you mean 'so'?" I asked him, throwing my arms out in frustration.
 
"I don't really see the problem. If he wants to talk to her, then let him. It's good someone's doing it", he said, mumbling the last sentence.
 
"But... He's going to get his kicked!" I exclaimed.
 
Peniel stopped abruptly, making me almost walk into him, and then stared me down. He was a really intimidating guy when he wanted to.
 
"Why would he get his kicked?" he asked me.
 
"B-because-" I stuttered, but got interrupted.
 
"You wouldn't let him get hurt, would you? He's your friend, right?" Peniel said with a low voice.
 
I nodded, loosing my ability to speak.  He backed off, and then begun to walk again. 
 
"Then there's no problem", he simply said, leaving me confused and shocked.
 
Sojin's POV
 
The school's library was one of the few places where I could get some peace. It was almost always a grown up there, and no one wanted to risk getting caught. I sat down at my usual spot, in the back of the library, and opened the book I'd picked out. Sadly, I couldn't be at the peaceful place that often, since my parents didn't like it, and my tormentors would find out that I was there, and wait for me outside. The silent sound of pages turning and people breathing filled the room. It was a different kind of silence that usually existed at home. There it was forced and strict, reminding everyone that it was forbidden to be happy. Here, it was homely and was a habit. But that wonderful silence was soon disturbed by someone dragging the chair next to me out. I jumped in suprise, and when I looked up to see who it was, I saw Minhyuk smiling down at me.
 
"Hi! Is it okay if I sit here?" he asked, poiting at the chair.
 
Without thinking, I nodded, and he sat down happily. He sat very close to me, so I moved my chair a little. I was about to return to my book when he distracted me.
 
"Did you understand the assignment we got? I didn't really get it", he said, pulling up some books from his bag.
 
I hesitated a moment before I nodded. 
 
"Oh, that's so good! Can you help me with it?" he asked cheerfully.
 
I bit my lip, looking away from him. Could I? But then I remembered my locker, and that warm feeling spred in my body again. 
 
"Sure", I answered quietly.
 
I owed him that much.
 
Minhyuk's POV
 
It was really hard to concentrate on what she said. The only thing I could focus on was her lips while she talked. They were so full and perfect, and looked so soft that I got curious if they really were that soft. I caught myself with my thoughts and sat up a little straighter, making her hesitate in her speech. I smiled brightly at her, signaling that she could continue, and then cursed at myself. I couldn't have those thoughts about her! It was already hard enought to get her to talk to me, I couldn't scare her away by doing anything stupid. 
 
"Did you understand?" she asked me softly, snapping me out of my thoughts.
 
"What? Oh, yeah. Sure", I said, leaning closer to the book. 
 
She smelled good too. God, it was so hard. She pulled up the corners of , and it was almost so little that I shouldn't see it, but I did. And even if it wasn't a real smile, it was enough for me to start smiling like an idiot. She returned to her book, and I couldn't help but to glance at her when she didn't notice. Everything about her was just... perfect. Even though she had a tensed expression all the time, by habit, and she had that scar above her eyebrow, she was still the most beautiful girl that I'd ever met. It was shallow of me, technically, but I just couldn't help it. Suddenly, she looked up at me through her hair, and both of us froze. That moment of eye contact felt like it lasted a lifetime, but when she looked away it felt too short. Her cheeks got slightly redder, and I felt pleased to know that she blushed because of me. It ment that I got to her, and that was my goal.