Why Do You Bother?

And Then You Came Along

 

No one's POV
 
Sojin looked at herself in the mirror. Was she really that ugly? Her nose wasn't abnormally big. Her skin didn't have any kind of sign of freckle or spot. The only unevenness in her fair skin was a scar right above her left eyebrow. She had gotten it when they had forced her head down a toilet in school. But even though Sojin couldn't see what made her so extremely ugly, everyone else seemed to. She whiped away a single tear that trickled down her cheek, and sniffed. No. They wouldn't get to her. If she could get through this day, she could get through tomorrow. That was her daily mantra. Get through today, survive another day. Because that was what it was. Survival. Getting through the day was a fight for Sojin, and it wasn't easy. 
 
Sojin's POV
 
Just by looking at the building made me want to cry. It was torture, knowing what was waiting for me inside. Pain. Nothing but pain. I swallowed hard, and started to walk. The second I walked inside, the words started to hit me.
 
"Loser!"
 
"Why do you even bother showing up here?"
 
"Go and die!"
 
"Nobody wants you here!"
 
I bent my head down, covering my face with my hair, and tried to quickly get to my locker. Someone bumped into me, causing me to crash into the wall. The pain shot through my shoulder, making my eyes tear up. Around me I heard laughter, and I quickly got up from the dirty floor, trying to get the dust off of my clothes, but gave up as the laughing increased. Instead, I continued my walk to my locker. When I got to it, I inspected it before I opened it. 
 
                                                                       Loser 
                                                                   Ugly
                                                   Nobody
                                                                Die
 
Those words was carved into my locker, small enough to no be seen by the people passing by, noticable enough for me to see them everytime I opened the locker. Atleast no one had carved in something new. I twisted the combination and opened the black door, and one little note fell out. I stared at it, lying by me feet, hesitating. I looked around before I bent down and took it. I slowly unfolded it and read what was written on it. 
 

I wonder how you can live with yourself.

No one likes you, so why do you even bother?

 
I bit my lip so hard that I could taste the blood in my mouth. I crumbled the note up and stuffed it down in my pocket. I didn't know why I always kept those horrible notes. It wasn't like I could show anyone. Nobody would care. So why did I?