Come To Play (HyerimXKyuhyun (Kyurim?))

Oneshot Series

~Requested by snarkyu~

-------------------------------------------

Were emotions always so easily changed? Why were they so fragile? Like water. They could take many shapes. Frost, ice, snow, rain, hail... Emotions were like water, so easily changed. The maknae of Wonder Girls, Hyerim, was lying in bed with her phone clutched tightly in her hands. Hyerim's thoughts were toying with her heart again. Why did it have to be like this? If only she hadn't fallen in love. Especially in love with another idol. And that idol just had to be Cho Kyuhyun.

Hyerim remembered it, how she ended up falling in love with him. It wasn't that slow honestly, just one little thing about Kyuhyun had caused her to fall into love, something she didn't really want. Well, something she didn't want in the past anyway. It was hard to be part of Wonder Girls, and it was hard to date a Super Junior member. Yes, Hyerim was dating Kyuhyun. She wasn't really sure how to came about though, she was so stuck in the moment that time simply flew by.

-----------------------------

Hyerim looked around the set of 'Come To Play'. Seats were placed on either side of the stage, including two at the front which were meant for the hosts of the show. She was simply standing around, seeing if anything interesting was going to happen. Her Unnies were still getting their make up done, Hyerim

Slowly, her eyes trailed to the Super Junior members who were intently reading something. It seemed to be a script or guideline of some sort, telling them about the show.

The first person her eyes trailed to was Lee Donghae. Hyerim honestly didn't know much about him. She only knew some things which pretty much everyone knew. For example, Hyerim knew that Donghae was born in 1986 and was a trainee at SM Entertainment. That was basically all she knew. Hyerim stared, Donghae was somewhat short for an idol star. But in her eyes, that was probably his only drawback. He was quite handsome to her to say the least, not to mention somewhat buff and muscular. Hyerim stared, simply observing.

After, Hyerim turned to see Kim Heechul. Everybody knew that name, it was impossible for anyone in Korea to not know. And unlike Donghae, Hyerim did know a little more about Heechul. Firstly, she knew that he had a rather strange infactuation for Sohee. He was honest as well, honest to the point in which people found him rude. She also knew Heechulhad many haters. Hyerim was quiet. Heechul was prettier than she thought, for it was the first time she saw him in real life. He could have easily been mistaken for a girl if not for his voice.

Finally finishing up her thoughts about the other two, Hyerim stared at Shin Dongee. Or as everyone else knew, Shindong. He was definitely chubbier than any of the other Super Junior members, but that fact just made him unique and noticeable in Hyerim's mind. The first ever gag-idol as people would put it. The absolute original. She simply looked. Honestly, Shindong was rather good-looking. But because of his size, it seemed that he was overlooked by everyone else. Maybe only a few people could truly ever appreciate Shindong.

Next on the list was Park Jungsoo. His stage name was Leeteuk. He was one of the more active members in Super Junior, known as a MC on many different shows. Hyerim watched from the distance, wondering if anyone had noticed her watching. He was moderately tall, but not as lengthy as some idols. She recalled that he usually wore insoles to boost his height, something many idols did. Leeteuk had a rather unique look in her opinion, but perhaps the only reason Hyerim thought that was because of the dimple on one of Leeteuk's cheeks.

Then, Hyerim's eyes found Kyuhyun. She stared. He honestly didn't seem as buff as Donghae was, as pretty as Heechul was, as interesting as Shindong was or as friendly as Leeteuk was. And to be truthful, he didn't seem that well known. Heechul was known for his looks, as was Donghae to some degree. Shindong was known for being the original gag-idol and Leeteuk was known for being a MC. What was Kyuhyun known for? Hyerim cocked her head to the side slightly as she thought, there was just something about him that made her... tense. His features weren't like others, Kyuhyun had his own look. But his face did seem 'common', but perhaps that was just because of the gentle aura he radiated. Hyerim continued to stare, beginning to feel a little dizzy. His skin was pale, lighter than many of the girls she had seen through her lifetime. Was that what Kyuhyun was known for?

Quickly, all her thoughts were stopped. As Hyerim stared, Kyuhyun turned his head and saw her. They stared. for some reason, Hyerim couldn't look away. There was something about his eyes, their light, which made her fall slowly into them. As if electricity were being transmitted just like that. In a instant. His eyes gave her a gentle gaze, one more gentle than she thought he would have given. And suddenly, Hyerim's eyes widened. Kyuhyun did something that none of the other members did.

He smiled.

A simple thing to say the least. But it made Hyerim fall in love.


------------------------

Soon, the show began. Come To Play featuring Super Junior and Wonder Girls. Hyerim remembered it clearly, the emotions which quickly came out when Kyuhyun would gaze at her. Hyerim bit her lip, she missed the times when it was only 'puppy love'. Back in those days, Hyerim didn't care quite as much as she did now. She flushed suddenly, how foolish she seemed back then. Of course, Kyuhyun was known for being the maknae... And he was also known for having the most gorgeous voice which could be heard.

Hyerim sat up from her bed, pulling out her laptop from one of the draws on the side table. Why was it that Hyerim loved Kyuhyun so much that she was pretty much willing to die for him? As she stared at the screen, watching a certain video, a smile made it's way to her lips... Kyuhyun was always so quirky and dorky, having unmatchable charisma during performances. As if they were two different people, Hyerim smiled as she watched Come To Play, her first ever meeting with the love of her life.

First, there was scene in which Kyuhyun said he was nervous. Hyerim giggled quietly to herself, remembering happily. Kyuhyun was so much more awkward than any of the other Super Junior members, but perhaps that was simply Kyuhyun's unique charm. Hyerim remembered how she simply sat on the other side of the stage, simply trying not to fall too deeply into the other maknae's eyes. Beautiful. Then, the topic of who took care of Hyerim the best out of Wonder Girls came up. The maknae was scared to respond. And with that, Kyuhyun looked at the host and stated he knew her exact feelings, looking into her eyes and smiling once again in a somewhat mischievous way. Hyerim couldn't help but smile back.

Throughout the whole show, Kyuhyun had his own unique type of variety skill. He was extremely blunt, and never seemed to exaggerate anything. Kyuhyun was so oddly exact, the Wing Girls maknae had never seen someone with that type of personality. But of course, it wasn't a bad thing or anything. It was probably what made Hyerim listen so intently to what he would say. Hyerim found it funny how Kyuhyun would simply 'pour water' on a situation without reason or regret. When he spoke, he was a little awkward, but it made him seem so adorable. Not to mention how whenever Kyuhyun was embarrassed, the Super Junior maknae would bow his head down or hide his face. Hyerim didn't know many males who did this, so at the time, she found it amazingly cute. But then again, wasn't Kyuhyun always cute?

The smile increased as a scene came up in which Hyerim stated she liked Kyuhyun. At that moment, Kyuhyun went onto his knees and clasped his hands together above his head. How innocent Kyuhyun seemed to be at that time, how pure he was. Kyuhyun looked as if he were praying. And then, as expected, came their first meeting. Kyuhyun and Hyerim were to speak to each other for the first time. Hyerim prayed that nobody could see the faint blush crawling its way up to her cheeks. Honestly, she was nervous back then, Hyerim smiled at the thought.

Hyerim was excited in some way, wondering how Kyuhyun would react to her call. But it was soon interrupted, so she never received a reply. So as it quickly became Hyerim's turn, that's when the mayhem started. When Kyuhyun said her name incorrectly, which Hyerim now knows not to be offended by since she learned that Kyuhyun often mispronounces things when he's nervous, she tried to hide the disappointment in her voice. But when he did say her name correctly and for the first time, she turned to him. Their eyes met, his gentle gaze made her nervous. So without even thinking, she simply bowed her head and said hello, Kyuhyun quickly copied. Nobody seemed to notice how when Hyerim brought her head up, they made eye contact again for a split second. Hyerim at the time could clearly feel Kyuhyun's eyes staring at her.

After that, soon came the 'Backroom Meeting', the part where they would pick a person who they liked and introduced themselves once again. When it was Hyerim's turn to introduce herself, she smiled just slightly. She looked around the room and audience, seeing Kyuhyun staring at her once again. She glanced at him, but only slightly. It was rude for a women to stare at a man. The scene quickly passed, Hyerim drank some water from the bottle beside her, continuing to watch the video. She remembered happily, watching Kyuhyun introduce himself. The time seemed to fly since then.

It was then time to see who picked who on the board for a 'love line'. Hyerim couldn't properly remember who picked who, but she did remember this. She and Kyuhyun chose each other. They were the only 'couple' who existed in the first love line. Perhaps it was fate that led the maknaes to pick each other, or perhaps it was just a mere coincidence... But whatever it was, it made Hyerim's life complete. From that, she gained love.

Soon, they were then given the task of exchanging phone numbers. Hyerim laughed to herself, reminiscing in it. She remembered staring at Kyuhyun, watching his actions. She thought that like most men, Kyuhyun would have put all the numbers into his phone. But instead, she could see that he only focused on a single phone number, not even bothering to look at the rest. Hyerim didn't know whose phone number he had put, but she could only pray it was her's. So when it came to Hyerim adding phone numbers to her phone, she only added one, and that was Kyuhyun's. It was a chance, honestly. Hyerim remembered how nervous she was back then.

Almost at the end, everybody began to show of their 'talents'. Honestly, Hyerim didn't take interest in many of them, although they were good. She sat and waited quietly back then, she wanted to see what Kyuhyun had prepared. So, as the performances went by, it was Kyuhyun's turn. And as expected, he decided to sing. Although, it was probably one of the most beautiful sounds she had ever heard. Hyerim felt herself becoming in. Hyerim smiled, fingers grazing the computer screen, Kyuhyun's face.

The Wonder Girls' maknae also had a performance, a small dance. She felt herself flush once again, why did she always blush?

Lastly, it was the part where they had to pick a partner to form a couple once again. Hyerim looked to the floor, anywhere but Kyuhyun. She remembered, she was afraid to some extent, that Kyuhyun would have changed to pick someone else. Hyerim watched the board, seeing what couples would come up. As Hyerim stared, her eyes widened. Shindong had chosen Yubin, and Yubin had chosen Kyuhyun. At this point, Hyerim felt odd on the inside, a somewhat possessive feeling. She didn't want anybody to pick Kyuhyun honestly, she wanted to be the only one. Hyerim remembered how shocked she was.

Hyerim turned her gaze to Kyuhyun in the video, watching the reaction. Was it a happy or a sad one? She couldn't tell. All Hyerim knew was that Kyuhyun was confused, wondering why Yubin had chosen him. It seemed like Kyuhyun didn't think too highly of himself. Then, it was Yeeun's turn. Hyerim wondered why they didn't show who Kyuhyun chose then, it would have made Hyerim felt better. At this, Hyerim was even more shocked. Yeeun had picked Kyuhyun as well. Hyerim remembered how she felt her presence disappearing, silently praying for Kyuhyun to still pick her. After all, she had grown attached to him. Kyuhyun looked even more shocked that Yeeun had picked him.

She drank some more water, happily smiling to herself. The past was so precious. Then, it was the part which Hyerim picked Kyuhyun. She remembered how happy she was, seeing the joyous smile on Kyuhyun's face when she had picked him. Kyuhyun had smiled for her, nobody else. Hyerim questioned when she became like this, soon shaking it off. After all, what did it matter? In the end, Kyuhyun had picked her.

Suddenly, through her thoughts, her phone began to ring. Since Hyerim was still thinking, she didn't even both to check the caller ID.

"Hello?" Hyerim spoke softly, smiling when she heard the other.

"Hyerim." A deep voice called, Kyuhyun's voice.

Her lover had called.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe, how did you like it? Tell me, is the writing a little confusing? If so, I may bolden or highlight some parts... What do you guys think?~ ^^