Fondness (Boa/Kyuhyun)

Oneshot Series

There wasn't much to be told about Kyuhyun and Boa's relationship, except that they were close.


Kwon Boa, international star, active since the age of 13, had never spoken of Super Junior's maknae, Cho Kyuhyun. To her family, common friends, and the general public, she never mentioned him to anybody. And because of that fact, no one realised how close they were. Perhaps it was because Boa never felt that it was necessary to bring the maknae up in a conversation, or maybe it was because she hadn't been close to Kyuhyun, or known him, since 2006. Either way though, the mere fact they were close seemed to be a mystery to the world, not a single soul truly knowing how appreciative the two were of each other.

But Boa couldn't honestly say she minded, nobody had to know.

The only time Boa ever revealed her and Kyuhyun's friendly status to the world was through Twitter, often sending each other playful little messages; and even more daringly, they had posted just a single picture of themselves together. Perhaps it was the alcohol that had made them want to upload the photo, both Kyuhyun and Boa conceding to the notion that the drinks were the sole cause of their actions. But of course, it could not have been the case, since the two had only just started drinking that night, and both could tolerate their liquor quite well.

Despite being slightly anxious of the reactions from netizens, and people in general, the photo never actually blew up. No scandal, no judgemental comments, and no gossip, but that's probably because they were who they were. Kyuhyun, who was at the time, keeping the image of being quiet and mysterious, and Boa, who had connections to even the most famous people in the industry. Of course it would have made sense if she and Kyuhyun were close to each other, especially with the two being under the same company.

So, when nothing had really become of that photo the two posted, both Boa and Kyuhyun gained more confidence to express their fondness of each other to the world, becoming a little more reckless and a little more courageous when it came down to it. Tweets between the pair had become constant and much more teasing, in that sort of way where you would never really understand unless you them.

Boa could never stop that grin from appearing on her lips when she saw the photo the two of them had taken together, and the fact that nobody gave it too much attention had only made her feel more satisfied. Boa also couldn't suppress that overly girlish laugh when rereading the tweets they had sent to each other. Boa often wondered why she smiled so easily, continuously questioning herself. But of course there was never an answer, so Boa simply allowed herself to dwell in the momentary euphoria.

Between Kyuhyun and Boa, there was a secret language, which no one was able to decode, or understand. They spoke a normal language, Korean, but had so many odd abbreviations that they refused to explain to anybody, not to mention their constant references to memories or items which they held precious. As well as their numerous texts which changed like the direction of the wind, serious one minute and light-hearted the next, but no one really knew about that.

Kyuhyun had a habit of texting Boa whenever he was bored, since he knew, she could always make his day interesting. No matter whether they exchanged messages online, through texts, are actually talking to one another, Kyuhyun was never fatigued in Boa's presence. 

At least that's what Boa could assume, judging on his childish grin and playful messages.

Perhaps it was wrong to have such a friendly relationship as a man and woman, since many people told them that it would never work out. Friends of different genders would end up falling in love with one another at some point in the relationship; whether it be in the past, present or future. 

When Kyuhyun and Boa heard this, they would often stay silent in each other's company, abandoning the world in replacement of their little bubble, and would just wonder. What was their relationship right now? Were they friends really?Were they being flirtatious with each other at the moment? Or were they just in love but didn't know it? Or perhaps, one of them had already fallen for the other, or maybe in the future they were going to look at each other differently.

That thought really messed with their heads, but they were comfortable with each other; so comfortable that they had discussed that topic many times.

"Hey Boa, do you love me?" Kyuhyun asked as if it were one of the most casual ways he possibly could. He and Boa reached the point of which they were open with each other to the point of no return, and decided not to keep things hidden.

She coughed lightly, straightening her back at the table with a cup of wine in her hand. What she had with Kyuhyun, was it a true friendship, or a love waiting to happen? Somehow, Boa found both as scary as the other. A sigh escaped her lips before muttering, "...I'm fond of you. At the very least, I like having you around." 

Kyuhyun gave a light smile, lifting his own glass lf wine as a light signal of 'thanks'. 

He replied simply, "I'm fond of you too."

Boa nodded, crossing her legs as she began to think. If it were anyone else, she would have never been able to have such a discussion, so stupidly honest that it made her feel bare all over. She looked at Kyuhyun,  "So... we've come to the conclusion of fondness. What are we going to do?"

Kyuhyun thought for a bit.

He said, "Let's continue our friendship and see what happens. If you fall in love with me, if I fall in love with you, or we both fall in love at the same time.

"Are we exclusive?" Boa questioned as she cocked her head to the side.

Kyuhyun gave a simple nod, "Definitely."

And with such certainty, Boa grinned with a laugh. She asked back teasingly, "Kyuhyun, have you already fallen in love with me?"

To that, Kyuhyun stared, not taken back at all as he smirked.

"I'm fond of being with you. For now, that is all."

Boa rolled her eyes and looked down, the cup of alcohol in her hand half empty. Perhaps discussing personal matters over a drink wasn't a good idea, and perhaps one day, one of them would break completely. Or both. Or maybe they'd take things too far. That thought lingered in her mind, but seeing the way Kyuhyun stared at her, she calmed down.

It was enough to satisfy them.

For now.


---------------------------------------------------------------------

Similar to my last chapter... but couldn't help it, wanted to try out this couple... Enjoy~ ^^ I'd love to know what you think about it!