Beauty (Seokyu)

Oneshot Series

Her breath hitched, standing outside of one of the most famous buildings in town. It was taller, much larger than any others in the entire town. On the front of it, there was a huge sign with the various people who worked inside. Hairstylists, make-up artists, designers and so much more. She had always wanted to come here, but she thought it was impossible. She didn't have the right to, nor did she have the amount of money.

She saw the doors open, two gorgeous women walking out. Beautiful hair, perfect posture, stunning make-up and magnificant clothes. She had always wanted to be like those girls, it was a wish that all girls had. So, when she entered a raffle to have a free make over, and was chosen out of the other hundred contestants, she was completely joyus. But now, there was a sudden nervousness. With a heavy heart, she approached the door, watching as the automatic doors allowed her to enter. There, a lady, a receptionist perhaps, was sitting at the front desk. Hesitantly, she approached. The other noticed her without even being called.

"Yes?" The woman spoke, her voice sweet and warm. The other looked down.

"I- Um- I-"

"The raffle winner?" The lady quickly cut in, the younger nodded her head and gave a slight smile.

"Y-Yes..." She whispered, her hands fiddling with each other. The elder lady gave a gentle laugh.

"Right this way. You would like a make-over, correct?"

"..." She nodded, the lady pulled her over to a door. Automatically, the doors opened, the woman gave the younger a little push. Then, quietly, she muttered to the other.

"I don't understand why."

The younger turned to see the elder woman already retreating to the front desk, ready to serve another person. She looked around, wondering what to do. Suddenly, a man approached her, gently pulling her to a seat. She wasn't sure of anything, so she followed, not even looking at his face. She was more concerned about the feeling of his hand which was on her's. His skin was soft, perhaps even more than any other person she had met.

He lead her to a chair.

She sat in front of the mirror, breathing becoming slightly heavy. The cloth which was draped over her clothing made everything feel tight. The man behind her smiled gently and gave her shoulder a tight squeeze, ensuring her everything would be alright. She stared back, a faint blush lingering on her cheeks as she looked down. He took a pair of scissors, quickly snipping the slightly frayed and uneven ends of her black hair. And that was all he did. He didn't add any make-up to her face, and he didn't even give her hair any sort of style. Without even a word, he quickly took the cloth off her, signalling he was done. She raised a brow.

"Why didn't you do anything?" She questioned, the man simply stared at her. His eyes, hypnotic and beautiful. She hadn't realised he was so good-looking until now. Even looking from his reflection in the mirror, she was beginning to feel shy.

"What was your name again?" He asked back, she looked down before answering him. She was rather hesitant to give him her name. It was a question she was familiar with, and she felt as if it only brought her bad luck. But still though, with the look in his eyes, she couldn't have rejected.

"...Seo Joohyun. But most people just call me Seohyun." Seohyun replied, the man gave her a warm smile. Seohyun's eyes widened just slightly, staring at him. She hadn't ever seen a man give her such a pretty smile.

"Well, Ms. Seo, I did do something. I cut off your hair at the back to make it even." He quickly spoke in a retort, Seohyun scowled slightly at those words. That wasn't exactly what she meant. She meant why didn't he, the person who she was dependent on, change her into some sort of fairytale princess? Perhaps those were silly words, and perhaps her standards were a little too high, but it was the truth. She wanted to be just like those girls in fairytales. Always ending with a happily ever after, always with a smile.

"That's not a lot. Why didn't you do anything else? Why didn't you give me any make-up? Why didn't you style my hair in some way? I thought you were one of the best hairstylists in town, not to mention one of the most skilled make-up artists." Seohyun spoke, the man took a comb and lightly brushed her hair. His hands were gentle, Seohyun hardly felt a thing.

"When people are naturally pretty, I really just leave them how they are. I can't do anything to people who are already beautiful. Besides, I don't need to." He replied, Seohyun froze up. The blush which had already taken place on her cheeks became darker. Seohyun prayed that he wouldn't notice.

"..." Seohyun sat in silence, wondering what to do. Her hands fiddled with each other, not willing to look up. The man behind her smiled, he probably knew what he was doing to her. Probably. He placed the comb on the trolley beside them, putting a piece of paper in her hands. It was a phone number. Seohyun raised a brow before seeing the man walk off to some other client, quickly whispering to her a couple words.

"I'm Cho Kyuhyun, call me." Kyuhyun whispered huskily in Seohyun's ear, goosebumps running down her spine. Seohyun turned to see him speaking with another client, not giving the same gentle smile she received, and not speaking with the same fondness he showed her. All of a sudden, a sense of superiority rose, not that she felt that it was a good thing. Seohyun's eyes lit up, placing the phone number in her pocket.

She wanted to see him again.

Tonight.

------------------------------------------------------

Hehe, just a longer version of that drabble I posted earlier...~ ^^