The Princess and the Rebel (Kyusica)

Oneshot Series

Fairytales, pretty little tales of happy endings and courage. In High School, many people found themselves no longer believing in such stories, and rather, had opened their eyes to tragedy. Pure love was something that seemed to only be written down, something not actually solid enough to have or hold. But of course, that thought had to be challenged, and by none other than Taeyeon, the school's graduated student. She had come back to visit, and decided that the students didn't have enough faith. Thus, she organised the 'Fairytale Dance'. Like any other sort of formal or prom, find a partner and go to spend the night out. For the most part, it actually did work, as many of the students found another person to go with did actually have fun. 

But everyone was curious at the back of their minds, still, wondering why she was there, and who she was going with when they first saw her.

Eyes followed every movement, Jung Jessica's as she walked down the hall. Her expression was emotionless as always, though every movement she did overflowed with grace and elegance. There wasn't any doubt to why she was called the 'Ice Princess', or at least, that's what they thought. Jessica's footsteps were light and soft as she walked down the hall, heels gently tapping the floor and hair gracefully bouncing off on onto her shoulders. Dress was pretty, pastel coloured with a classic ribbon around the waist to outline her figure. Jessica was just like a storybook character. Which one though? She was cold, cool, mysterious, flawless-


"Jessica!" A voice called out, all heads turned around. No one usually called the Ice Princess by her first name, not even her own classmates. They weren't really comfortable with Jessica, nor did they ever try to become close with her. They often addressed Jessica by her last name, Jung, or politely added a suffix at the end of her first such as 'shii'.

They watched as Jessica stopped, hair flicking back as she was approached by Cho Kyuhyun. For such a formal event, he was dressed rather casually. Hair was messy, but it suited Kyuhyun so that wasn't really an issue. Dark blue, faded jeans, casual black shirt and a ped jacket on the outside. At the moment, Kyuhyun didn't look as if he matched Jessica, a casually dressed rebel and a cold-hearted princess. Jessica's eyes widened slightly as he gave her his usual, characteristic grin.

Cho Kyuhyun just happened to be the son of the principal, but also the troublemaker of the entire school. He pulled pranks on all the teachers, and skipped class from time to time too, but everyone had given up on disciplining on him. Including his father. Though Kyuhyun was a bit of a delinquent, no one was able to beat him when it came down to test scores. He was smart, a stone-cold fact. Whether it was because Kyuhyun had a photographic memory, or whether Kyuhyun only studied at home, no one really knew.

The others eyed the scene, watching as he ran up to Jessica, not even hesitating for a second, and holding onto her hand. How odd it seemed. Jessica's perfectness, not a flaw being worn, compared to Kyuhyun's casualness, shirt crooked and Jacket looking as if it were going to fall off his shoulder, why did it suddenly become so beautiful?

Jessica continued to stare, looking up at Kyuhyun. She seemed somewhat confused, but soon smile soon crawling to her lips. Instead of the somewhat awkward position of their hands, Jessica interlaced their fingers. Kyuhyun raised a brow, as if something strange had happened, but the other only looked away. And with that, not a word was said as they continued down the hall and towards the ballroom. Not like Cinderella, where one had to be back before 12, and not like Sleeping Beauty, where one was put under a curse. 

It seemed somewhat humourous, the way Kyuhyun dressed to be at a rock concert, and the way Jessica dressed up for a wedding, and yet they were holding hands. There was a haunting silence, but it seemed that the pair didn't really notice. They didn't care about anybody else but themselves.

One of the bystanders, Seohyun, or otherwise known as Seo Joohyun, took out a notepad and wrote down simply with her pencil, 'The Princess and The Rebel'. It was going to be a beautiful story. The tale of a girl who was perfect in every way from her appearance to her charisma, and a boy who didn't really care about the rules or how he looked. The tale of how two souls, no matter how different or how odd, could be completely harmonious with each other. And the tale of how they started off happy and ended happy, without any fuss or complaint.

----------------------------------------------

Just a little Kyusica, all my exams next week. I'm too lazy to study, just been watching Fairy Tail all day... Sorry if it's short~