Cruel (seokyu)

Oneshot Series

Taken from a blog that I posted... If you haven't already seen it, enjoy~ ^^

Warning: Character Death

-----------------------------------------------


Kyuhyun's eyes glazed over with ice as he stared, gloved hands brushed the metal, rusting bars of the cell. Inside it was her, the princess of the opposing kingdom who was taken hostage by theirs. Both arms were cruelly chained above her head to the cold, stone wall. Her once pure white dress was stained by the dirt she was forced through. Though, no matter what, her beauty was still unflawed. The young prince's hands gripped the bar, knuckles turning white from under his glove. Kyuhyun stared back at the guards who were giving him a sympathetic look. One of them, the shorter one who wore his attire in a slightly crooked manner handing him the key to the cell.

"Sire, 5 minutes." The guard spoke, quickly directing the other to leave Kyuhyun alone as they left up the stone stairs. Kyuhyun's hands shook slightly, placing the key in the cell as he unlocked it. Kyuhyun saw the princess become startled with the sound, she let a mute whimper, probably not able to see who it was. There was a white cloth tied over her eyes, hiding everything. Kyuhyun stared.

It wasn't right.

"Princess Seohyun. If it is alright with you, I wish to call you Joohyun. Just for today." Kyuhyun whispered, and in an instant, the princess ceased movement. It seemed that the tenseness she had, it disappeared from her body. Kyuhyun took steps closer, bowing down once he reached her.

"Kyuhyun." Seohyun whispered, a collapsing smile on her lips. Kyuhyun took off one glove, untying the white cloth from Seohyun's eyes. It fell, and finally, they could see each other once more. Seohyun stared with slightly widened eyes, as did Kyuhyun. Silently, a smile, a true one, appeared on both their lips. It had been so long. Kyuhyun's ungloved hands gently grazed Seohyun's cheek, wiping away the dirt stain which had appeared. After, he removed his hand, then wrapping his arms around the other.

Her scent was still sweet, and her body was still warm. Seohyun closed her eyes and sank into the moment, it had been too long. Kyuhyun sighed to himself.

"I'm so sorry." Kyuhyun mumbled into Seohyun's ear, she hummed back in acknowledgement and disagreement. None of this was Kyuhyun's fault, none of this was her fault either. It was no one's fault, it was just... misunderstanding between two nations. Well, it was more than misunderstandings, it was pure hatred.

"It's alright." Seohyun whispered back, Kyuhyun quickly noticed how much her voice shook.

Kyuhyun hated this.

"I'm not sure what I can do to save you from... this." Kyuhyun spoke in an almost desperate manner, unable to let go of his beautiful lover. He reluctantly released Seohyun, using the key to unlock the handcuffs which kept Seohyun's arms at bay. The younger gave a understanding, yet painful, smile.

"Don't worry. No matter what happens, I'm still going to be held here. There's no way I'll escape." Seohyun replied sadly, arms automatically wrapping around the other. She wasn't about to let go any time soon, especially knowing what was going to happen to her.

"Please... please forgive me." Kyuhyun mumbled softly, Seohyun smiled. No matter what words he spoke, she loved the sound of his voice.

"I'm not sure how I'll do in the afterlife without you by my side." Seohyun uttered, feeling Kyuhyun hold her even tighter.

"I can't be without you here." Kyuhyun whispered once more, Seohyun felt soothed by her lover's words. He was enough to make her feel safe again, even though at the back of her mind, she knew she wasn't.

"...No matter what, one of us will die. This isn't a fairy tale, we can't run away and live happily ever after. The kingdom analyzes everything." Seohyun sobbed through her gritted teeth, Kyuhyun nodded.

"I know. I wish we could be together, I wish..." Kyuhyun trailed off, Seohyun felt him run his fingers through her hair. Seohyun found the urge to smile, he always did love maidens with long hair.

"As do I." Seohyun whispered, silently praying.

Kyuhyun raised his head, staring at her. Perhaps this would be the last time they'd see each other. Slowly, through the echoing sounds they heard, they're lips touched. So soft, so beautiful, the only true moment of happiness they've ever had. Kyuhyun opened his eyes from their once closed state, silently taking out a knife and holding it to Seohyun's back.

"Let's die together." Kyuhyun uttered, Seohyun had no more strength to disagree. She nodded while feeling the sharp object barely pressed against her covered skin, arms wrapped securely around Kyuhyun, trusting him with her life. Thus, that gave him permission to take it away as well. Seohyun knew she was going to die, so at least, let it be the arms of the man who she truly loved.

"I love you." Seohyun spoke without any hesitance, seeing tears run from Kyuhyun's eyes. She kissed both his cheeks, then his lips.

"I love you too." Kyuhyun replied as he held her tightly, body shaking uncontrollably.

Perhaps leaving the cruel world was better after all.