Childhood Time (seokyu)

Oneshot Series

~Requested by bubblesmiles34~

---------------------------------------------------

Seohyun was only 4 when she first met the love of her life. Not that she knew of course. The young girl had lost her parents at a shopping centre. As she looked around, Seohyun wasn't able to see her parents. To her, everybody looked like giants. No-one noticed the petite girl whose eyes were red and watery with tears.

"Are you lost?" Someone asked next to her suddenly. Seohyun looked up in surprise as a young boy, the age of 6, stood in front of her. His eyes were awfully pretty for a boy. Seohyun nodded timidly.

"I'm not sure where they are!~" Seohyun cried, 'they' referring to her parents. The boy looked at her for a second, smiling as he took a hold of her hand. Seohyun's eyes widened, his hands were softer than her mama's.

"Come on, Oppa will help you find them." The boy said as he walked with her, still holding her hand tightly. Seohyun couldn't remember much, but she knew that she felt safe.

"...What's Oppa's name?" Seohyun asked, the boy smiled at her.

"Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun. Remember it, okay?"

Seohyun nodded vigourously.

"Okay."


---------------------------------------------------


"Oppa, where are you? Oppa!~" Called a young and very pretty girl in a park. She was about... let's say 6 years old. She was looking for her 'Oppa' again, it seemed that she couldn't find him. The girl looked around, her eyes tearing. She didn't like to be alone. Nor did she like to be without her oppa. When he disappeared, she would cry instantly. It had been about 6 minutes, and she couldn't find him.

"Joohyunnie, you don't need to shout." Her Oppa finally replied. Joohyun, or maybe you'd know her better as Seohyun, looked around. With her Oppa's voice, the little girl smiled happily and looked around.

"Oppa~ Kyuhyunnie Oppa!~" Seohyun called loudly, singing it with the high pitched tone of a child. When she couldn't see her Oppa, Kyuhyun, anywhere, her eyes teared up again. This was the very short emotion of a child. Soon, Seohyun saw him appear in front of her. Without any hesitation, she jumped into the other person's arms and cried loudly. Kyuhyun, who was about 8 at this time, smiled at the other. He did always enjoy having his adorable dongsaeng Seo Joohyun with him.

"Come on now, don't cry. I'm right here. Joohyun, I'm right here." Kyuhyun cooed as he patter Seohyun's head, wanting to pry her hands of him. Not that Kyuhyun really minded though.

"Oppa~ where were you?" Seohyun asked, her tears blurring the sight of her favourite oppa. Her closest oppa. Her most precious oppa. She pressed her head against Kyuhyun's chest, smiling once her tears finally ceased.

"I was just sitting under that tree." Kyuhyun said, pointing to a oddly short tree at the corner of the park. Seohyun smiled and laughed quietly, finally letting go of Kyuhyun and holding him by the hand.

"Kyuhyunnie Oppa, can you sing me a song?" Seohyun asked in a rather hyped up way. Kyuhyun gave a twisted expression to his dongsaeng's request... Not because it was unusual or anything.

"...Again?
" Kyuhyun asked with a sigh. It was just that this request was too common. But when Seohyun asked him with those shining eyes and such an innocent smile, he simply couldn't say no.

"Yes please~" Seohyun smiled. Kyuhyun stared for a moment before giving a slight smile.

"Okay, just once." Kyuhyun muttered, knowing this wouldn't be the last time. But he liked to say that, just because.


"..." Seohyun went silent and waited to hear her Oppa's voice. It was probably the only time Seohyun didn't talk.

"The night celebrates the day that we met~
(Super Junior's song - Believe)

The moon out in the sky~

The stars are smiling~


I wish that your smile won't be erased~

A happy life any time~

I will wish continuously~
" Kyuhyun sang, and it was true. He always sang songs to Seohyun which held emotion and meaning. To sing a song without reason would be foolish to him. Kyuhyun did wish that Seohyun's smile was never erased, and he did wish for Seohyun to have a happy life.


---------------------------------------------------


"I don't want to go Oppa!~" Cried Seohyun with red eyes. Today, her family was moving away. They were moving because of work. Seohyun didn't want to leave here. Well, mainly her Oppa anyway. Seohyun didn't want to leave Kyuhyun. At the moment, Seohyun was nine. Three years had passed since before, and she hadn't changed a single bit. Kyuhyun bit his trembling lip, he was now eleven.

"Come on Hyunnie, you have to go." Kyuhyun muttered quietly to his teary dongsaeng. Seohyun shook her head furiously, hugging Kyuhyun tightly.

"No I don't! No one can make me leave!" Seohyun replied with a scream.

"...Joohyun-ah." Kyuhyun spoke quietly, usually his voice was enough to calm Seohyun down.

"I don't want to leave without you, I want to stay here with you!" Seohyun yelled without even listening to anything. Her sobs her enough to block the sound of the entire world up.

"I'll sing you another song. Listen." Kyuhyun said, holding Seohyun tightly. The younger nodded.

"...O-Okay." Seohyun whimpered.

"
I believe, even though you're not with me~ (I Believe - OST - My Sassy Girl) (Kyuhyun sang this song on a show once)

This won't be a parting~

I believe, the way back to me~

Will feel a just little far when returning~

With all those past memories~

I remember and I cry~

I wish you won't cry as much as me~


Without tears, I wish you can leave me freely~

Some day when coming back~

I'll know it'll be you~

Because I believe~

I'll wait~

It's only you that I need~
" Kyuhyun sang this song as he wiped away Seohyun's tears. Hopefully, she knew the meaning behind the song. Kyuhyun believed that this moment wasn't a parting, and he believed that he would meet Seohyun again. Although it may be a little difficult, Kyuhyun truly did believe they would see each other again. He wasn't going to cry, not in front of Seohyun at least. But yet, if Kyuhyun began to think back, he really would cry. But that didn't matter, all Kyuhyun cared about was the fact that Seohyun was going to cry many tears. And he hated that. Kyuhyun was going to wait for Seohyun to come back. As the song said, it was only she that he needed. Seohyun was precious to Kyuhyun, more precious than she might have known.

Seohyun didn't know that when she forgot her lunch, Kyuhyun would put his lunch in her bag so she would have something to eat. For Seohyun, Kyuhyun really didn't mind going a day or two without lunch. When Seohyun forgot her umbrella, Kyuhyun would let Seohyun use his. Kyuhyun didn't mind getting wet if it meant Seohyun would stay dry. When the boys or girls planned to tease, prank or do something similar to Seohyun, Kyuhyun would always stop it from happening. As if he'd ever let people hurt her.

"...I'll see you again?" Seohyun questioned hesitantly, Kyuhyun nodded with a forced smile, holding back his tears.

"Yeah. One day."



---------------------------------------------------


"Okay class, we have a new student today. Treat him well. Kyuhyun-shii, enter." The teacher spoke. Today, there was a new student coming to the class. His name was Cho Kyuhyun. Quietly, once hearing the teacher's call, he entered the classroom. With his presence, the entire room went silent. Nobody made a sound, nobody spoke.

"..." All eyes were on Kyuhyun and his presence. Quite tall, pale skin, rounded eyes and a rather hazy look. His hair wasn't the neatest it could have been, but it worked. It was clear that the girls were jumping up and down while the boys were glaring.

"Please introduce yourself." The teacher spoke. Kyuhyun nodded and he looked towards his classmates, not paying attention to anyone specifically.

"Hello. My name is Cho Kyuhyun. I am born in 1988 on February the third. I transferred here from another area in Seoul due to my parents work." Kyuhyun spoke in a monotone, his voice low, melodious and husky. A couple girls squeeled, not that Kyuhyun really cared.

"...Okay, any questions for Kyuhyun-shii? If so, please ask." The teacher stated, everyone else nodded.

"What are your hobbies?" Asked the girl with a short haircut which gently framed her face.

"I like to read, to play games and sing." Kyuhyun replied, his eyes staring right into hers. It was Kyuhyun's unintentional manner. He would always look into the eyes of the person he was talking to. And it simply drove people insane.

"What do your parents do?" Asked the boy in the front row with his hair swept to the left side of his face.

"My Appa owns a school in Taiwan. My Umma owns an Art Academy." Kyuhyun spoke in an almost bored way, as if it were 'normal'. The whole room went quiet and only mummers were heard.

"..." Kyuhyun didn't question the silence.

"Do you have any siblings?" Asked a girl at the end row finally, she didn't enjoy the silence.

"I have a Noona named Cho Ahra who is 2 years older than me. She plays the violin and has been for about 16 years. She studied abroad in Austria and graduated in England." Kyuhyun replied, he still didn't notice the effect of his words.

"..." Silence.

"Are you rich?" Questioned the boy whose hair was longer than it seemed appropriate.

"No." Kyuhyun replied.

"What a liar-" As a person spoke these words, somebody opened the door. A young girl, well, young compared to everyone else. She was 15. Flawless skin and a pretty face. She looked down quietly, feeling the stares she was receiving.

"Excuse me." She spoke, Kyuhyun stared. He could recognise her anywhere... at any age and at any time. 7 long years...

"Ah, Joohyun-shii." The teacher said, he was expecting her. Kyuhyun heard her name and shivered slightly, he had missed that name so dearly.

"I'm here to collect the papers... " Seohyun spoke as she took a step into the class. So elegant, even as a child Seohyun was elegant. As she looked up, her eyes trailed to the person in front of her. The new student. As Seohyun's eyes trailed up, she finally saw his face and met his eyes. Seohyun's eyes widened slightly, seeing him. Kyuhyun stared back, a slight smile taking place on his lips. And hers. When she spoke his name, Kyuhyun went crazy. Another shiver he felt. Oh, how he missed the way Seohyun said his name. And luckily, it hadn't changed. "Kyuhyun Oppa?"

"...Hyunnie." Kyuhyun muttered. This time, Seohyun shivered. He only called her that when they were alone together. The way he spoke her name, with such affection, Seohyun smiled.

"..." The silence came back.

"Since when did you come here?" Seohyun asked, using her rare 'informal language'. Only those who were truly close to Seohyun would hear it. So when everybody heard it, they were surprised.

"A couple days ago. So this is where you were when you left me." Kyuhyun spoke, giving a quiet chuckle and a somewhat pained smile. Seohyun didn't question it, she knew what it meant. She simply smiled back.

"Don't make it sound like that." Seohyun said quietly, stepping a couple steps closer. With that, Seohyun put her hand out and went towards Kyuhyun. She held it. Soft, Kyuhyun's hand was soft. Just like before. The emotion hadn't changed. Seohyun often said that Kyuhyun's skin was strangely soft for a boy. She had missed it, the feeling of holding Kyuhyun's hand. Kyuhyun didn't move his hand back, he was comfortable. Even though he hadn't seen Seohyun for years, it felt normal. But maybe that was because Kyuhyun thought so much into into the past that he forgot the present.

In the years which Kyuhyun wasn't there, she had learned about what Kyuhyun would do for her without knowing.

"...I missed you." Kyuhyun said finally, smiling his usual smile at Seohyun. The younger smiled at such words.

"Me too. I missed you.." Seohyun spoke, letting go finally as Kyuhyun's hand as the teacher passed her the papers in which she needed. Quietly, Seohyun bowed to the teacher and approached the door.

"..." The silence held it's place. Before Seohyun left, Kyuhyun called her again.

"Joohyun-ah." Kyuhyun said with affection.

"Yes?" Seohyun replied, just as affectionate as the other.

"Are you coming to dinner at my house?" Kyuhyun asked, as if it were already planned. Seohyun giggled quietly.

"...I'm sure my mum planned it already. See you later." Seohyun smiled, walking out the door.

Kyuhyun knew they would meet each other again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, it's so bad! >_< Since I'm still on break mode, my mind isn't really functioning well... ahh, I also have jetlag after getting off the plane... I wake up and sleep at the wrong time. O_O