Like This

The Queen & The Hunters

 

Back to The House.

 

Another sleepy and quiet morning after thrilling night on the house. Everyone still fall in their deep sleep, resting every tired minds. But not for this woman, the oldest woman on the house. For her, fallen on the night gave her enough strength.

 

Long browny hair brushed off by the warm morning sunshine, the knife on her hand cuts the vegetables carefully, and 'I-am-serious' emotion draws on her face. "Hyori-ah, why you awake such in an early morning like this?" A male voice calls him from afar. A high-tone voice, sounds like just awoke but still politely asking, "Don't force yourself to wake too early."

 

"I'm fine with this."

 

A muscular-built male, or her's boyfriend just awake. "Where are you going?" From their conversation, seems they really look like a couple of wife and husband, but actually, they haven't reached there, they still hang in a confusing condition. He only stands behind her, staring at her back. "I'm behind you, Hyori-ah."

 

Without looking her back, she keeps continue it. "Why you don't go on the exercise like usual?" — "I can't go outside for a while." His voice become lower. "Why? Give me a reason."

 

"I'm just afraid.... Only that." Hyori only sighs with that answer. "Look at me now, Hyori-ah."

 

She ignores and continues to cut another vegetables. But, he, Jongkook, doesn't like it. "Look at me." And she ignores again. "I lost my patience." He whispers.

 

Approaching the busy Hyori, and trying to poke Hyori's shoulder. "Hyori..." — "Why?! Don't you see... AH!" Her hand lost the vegetable and it make she cuts her fingers, a small bruises, but it hurts.

 

He really lost his patience.

 

Jongkook suddenly reaches out the Hyori's hand and pulls her to the dining room. "You... what are you doing?"

 

"Is that okay to you to stop a while?" — "Uhm... Maybe?"

 

They sits facing each other, not next-to-each-other. "Put your hand on the table... And close your eyes" And She does it.

 

Without any hestitate, he grabs Hyori's hand and he closes her eyes too. 'You're quite different today.' Hyori whispers. 'I hope that's fine for you.' and she giggles. "Open your eyes, Hyori-ah." He lets Hyori to see something, "I touch you..." Yes, He touches Hyori. A rare thing on this house. "You're shy, right?" She sees that Jongkook's face is reddened and he shyly nods. "But see this." He opens his hand.

 

"Omona! Where's the bruises?".... "Don't tell that you heal me?" She continues.

 

He answers it with a sweet smile, maybe the sweetest that Hyori ever see, a sign of 'yes, I do'. Shyly hide his reddened face, somehow he feels shy but on the other hand, he also happy.... "Thank you, oppa."

 

The word 'oppa' just make him wants to hide his face in a hole.... "Al...al...alrr...alright..." — "Don't be too shy or like that, I'm your girlfriend, not a stranger." She stands from her chair.

 

"I know that, Hyori-ah..."

 

"Wait. How do you heal me? It's too fast to heal it completely." — "Don't said, it's a vampiric power again?"

 

"Maybe?" — He smiles again and Hyori looks angry, she's trying to run from their conversation.

 

"But, Hyori. I'm not biting you, or somewhat. I know it's a vampiric power, duh. But, trust me, I just make your body to heal it faster."

 

"Puppet?"

 

"I take control of your body a while. A while only."

 

"Huh? Really?"

 

"See this." He makes Hyori looks at him again. "I want you to sit." And it make her... Sit again. "Seems another thing I realize is... This clan has a 'puppeteers' power that every part of them can control it."

 

"Ah, That's right" She nods.

 

"Hey, what do you want to do before? Call me repeatedly until I cut my hand." She suddenly reminds the strange behaviour of her boyfriend. "I'm.... uh... what I did before...."

 

"Don't said it's useless?"

 

"I'm forget, Hyori-ah! I remembered that I need to say that but... suddenly I forget it!" He taps on his head, showing that he try to remind something that he forgets.

 

Their conversation freeze in the ice again.

 

Silent and awkward are the words to describe it. Each other's face is reddened and hidden by their hair. "Oppa, don't you think we should closer with each other?" She asks him shyly. "I have my own way to love a woman."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes and I'll be one the people that you can't forget even we're breakup someday." — "Don't talk like that, I don't want a breakup. Seriously." Hyori makes letter V with her fingers. "Alright. Do you think I can move to another girl, Hyori-ya?"

 

"Of course, On that innocent face, I trust that you also a wild guy inside." She giggles. "I'm wild?"

 

"Yes, of course. You should admit that. Every guys show 'a good boy' face in the front face but on the back? They're a wild beast." He only make 'O' on his mouth, admits that is true. "Back to the topic, how fast I will move to another girl?"

 

"Maybe as fast as a blink of eyes? Everytime you see a beautiful girl, your face will blush like a tomato." He touches his cheeks. "Tomato?"

 

"Yeah. Red and round."

 

Hyori stares at Jongkook again. And... He become reddened like tomato, like what Hyori says before. "Oppa! Put your right hand on the table."

 

He follows what Hyori says, "What are you doing?", "I'll do the same with what you do to me before." Hyori touches and grabs his hand, "What are you doing?"

 

"You'll see."

 

It feel comfort and warm on the embrace of her little hands. "....please don't leave my hand too early.... Ah, have you done?"

 

"No, not yet." But actually, it done already. Seems Hyori listens what Jongkook said before, eventhough that's only wrong words that suddenly he said, It's really his real feeling.

 

"Hey, have you done it already?" And she feel suddenly that his hand is trembling... "Don't be too timid. I have done already. I listen that you want my hand on yours longer."

 

"That's a mistake..."

 

"I don't care~"

 

She get rid of her hand from his hand. "Look at your finger." She giggles. "What is it?"

 

A line that ring-alike rounds on the finger, it's darker than another skin, "You make a ring on my finger, huh?"

 

"Just think that's a ring, Look, I also have." She shows her finger, also. "It just a sign that we belong together, oppa." She continues it. "Stand up, Hyori-ah. I want to give something also to you." Both of them stand up, Hyori gets pulled closer to his side. "Close your eyes." , "Isn't it too close?" She realized that the space between them is really close or it almost no space between both of them. 

 

He brushes off Hyori's bang and lean his face closer to her forehead. And...

 

He kisses her.

 

"I love you like this, eventhough we're really awkward between each other, I'm still loving you...." He whispers.

 

"I'm too..."

 

She opens her eyes and see the guy in front of him still smiling in front of her. The sunshine comes through the window and makes his smile warmer than before. "Let's cook the breakfast together, shall we?", She nods.

 

It'll be one of the most beautiful memory that Hyori knows with him.... "Thanks for this morning, Kookjong-ah." She whispers.

 

Continue to Chapter-6