de Crescendo

The Queen & The Hunters

When everybody started to search for the missing people or corpses on Old Seoul, The Kids are starting to find another information on The City's Ruins. Gary is the guide for today and Donghoon relies him a lot. They're using the gutter to that place. There's no another choice for a safer road. 

 

It's impossible to use the 3rd North Road because it's closed. The only road that possible are using gutter, using the road which they usually held market on it, or using the South Road. Gary believes that only gutter is the only safest route to walk out from the city secretly.

 

There was a news spread out on the town to not going anywhere until next-week and it's really prohibited to walk out from the town even a while. "Hyung, do you think that this is safe enough, huh?" — "I'm curious about The Queen. I bet there's something hidden and related to the ruins." 

 

They're walking through the underground gutter to The Ruin. "The Queen, the one that they always mention, right?" Donghoon asks and Gary only nods. "I bet she's really pretty, so she is called as The Queen." Donghoon laughs for his nonsense joke. "You little brat! Always thinking pretty girls!" — "I don't care. I'm still single anyway~" The youngest laughs again and it even louder. "But at least, you should hope that you still alive after this mission."

 

The possibility of their safety is really small. They can be safe, but also can be caught. The ruin's silence is actually the most horrible condition for the newbies like them. "We don't have enough equipments, hyung!" — "Our juniors, they are all using magic and that's why they don't need something like guns or knifes so much." Gary is talking about them now. The fact is actually true, they don't really use and need physical weapons a lot.

 

The gutter is getting darker and smaller. "It can be a sign that we almost reach our destination." Donghoon grabs his older brother's hand tightly. "Why you grab me?!" An illfeel appears in Gary's side. Even he has being a close friend of Donghoon since they joined the school together, it's really uncomfortable like this. "Hyung, I'm afraid of dark like this!" The dark is really thick, there's nothing that they can see. They only can hear the water's sound. "Oh please, Donghoon..." Gary sighs.

 

###

 

It finally finished.

 

The Gutter really ended in the ruin. It really dead and silent.

 

Like its name, ruin is really a ruin. Every building almost destroyed and abadoned with such unknown reasons. There's no trace of human from afar.

 

They approach the ruins, slowly and carefully.

 

"Hyung, do you think there's someone here? I can feel a pair of eyes is looking at us from behind. It really scary and intimidating us." Donghoon grabs Gary's hand tighter. "I also feel the same." They're looking around the building carefully.

 

They're on the main road. It's the biggest road with buildings on both of side which will also lead them to go out from here. Everything is messed up, but surely, there's a lot of small traces which show this place ever lived by a group of people. There are a lot of sacks which filled by rotten foods spreaded around the road. A lot of footstep also clearly visible.

 

They're looking at some buildings carefully.

 

Some buildings are really broken but some of them are fixed. "Do you dare to enter one of them?" Donghoon asks him. "No, not yet..." Once again, they continue to walk together. "Hyung, please. Can we stop this?" Donghoon is already freaked out by the silence.

 

"Silent."

 

He listens to some unclear noises. There are some movement's sound from people, actually. They're moving really fast. Sometimes, they're really close and also, they're really far. "Get ready for anything, Donghoon-ah!"

 

From afar, they see something lay on the road carelessly. It's quite big.

 

###

 

"Hyung!"

 

The Kids just realized what is it. They can't believe. He had been kidnapped since yesterday by someone, but he's here now. Yep, it's really hard to believe it for the kids. Jongkook is fainting with a lot of blood are flowing from himself. "Hyung! Please wake up!" Donghoon tries to wake him up because he knows that he hasn't died yet.

 

"Keep trying, Donghoon! I'll protect us!" Gary suddenly get ready out of sudden. A bigger danger is coming to themselves.

 

"Donghoon!"

 

He turned back. It just a while that he turned his back, but...

 

He's gone already with leave the oldest-brother alone.

 

"Donghoon!" Carefully looks around, but there's no trace of him. It's clear and obvious enough. There's somebody here, it's carefully guarding this place and spying at them all the time.

 

"Hyung..." Gary kneeled down in front of him and put his hand on Jongkook's arm.

 

He tries to examine him, but... "Hyung, what are you doing?!"

 

Jongkook suddenly awake. He doesn't need to see his target but he can accurately catch Gary's hand which still lay comfortably on his arm. "Hyung, let me off!" He panickly tries to budge and defend, but Jongkook is too strong to be defeated. His hand grabbed Gary's hand really hard. After that, he's throwing Gary to the front side which allows him to see his front side. A glimpse of violet eyes are showing through that little eyes.

 

"Who are you?!"

 

'Catch this mouse, now.' It's exactly not his voice, it's exactly hoarse.

 

A lot of footstep follows his command. In a sudden, a group of unknown people surrounds Gary. All of them are using the same outfits. Something like black thick cloak that closes themself from head to toe except their eyes. "Who... Are you?" He stares at them blankly.

 

"Where is Donghoon? Is he safe?" He asks again. His mouth doesn't close even he's freaked out by them.

 

Some of them get closer to Gary and some of them get closer to Jongkook.

 

'What should we do?' They ask in such a horrible tone.

 

Gary turns back and sees that the oldest brother has stood up. He doesn't stare at Gary right in his eyes like usually, but it somehow look like that he's avoiding Gary's eyes. And also, his messy hair closes his small eyes.

 

'Mouse who dares to enter a cat’s cage is betting its life bravely. Don't let its return home easily and safely.' He clearly commands them.

 

Next : Chapter 19 - Letter for The Sisters


 

Author's Note :

yeay, Chapter 18 is up! The beat of the music finally gets down, huh? :P

Long time no update, anyway. I just finished all of my tests and holiday is coming soon! hurray~!! XD yep, if you make a conlusion that I didn't update for a long time because I waited until my test finished.... that's true *sigh*

btw, some of the characters slowly gone from the main storyline. Where they've gone to? Just wait until we reach Chapter 20 and further. It will be revealed. (oh then, chapter 19 will be  a flashback chapter if I don't edit the raw version's storyline too much .u.) 

Oh then. You can see there's JK in this chapter, right? 

My question : do you think it's really him?

 

Please leave some feedback, happy reading! Thank you!^^