The Second Side

The Queen & The Hunters

Winter.

 

"Joongki, have you done?" Gwangsoo comes in to Joongki's laboratory in the underground. "Ah, Gwangsoo-hyung. I've done it. Don't worry" Joongki said 'don't worry' but his face is on a big worry.

 

"What happen?" Gwangsoo approaches him.

 

"I can't say it. I feel that I just did a betrayal to my own family." — "You call all of them as family?!" Gwangsoo's eyes widened and his voice is going higher. "They're only a bunch of people with no heart!"

 

"You don't know anything, hyung!" A glimpse of red eyes are showing again.

 

"What thing that I didn't know?!"

 

"Long time has passed, but they've helped me to grow up well until I became like this. I only hate The Queen and her comrades, but not them." A confession of the little brother from the clan. He can't hate them because they've helped him. "I also hate her comrades, they always act like they have a higher class than me. They're so cocky."

 

"Hyung, may I ask you?"

 

"What's that?"

 

"If our clan entered 'the break-time', will you stay as human or become a part of us?" Gwangsoo shook his head. "I'll stay as human. I have pride as human. Even it's mean I don't live in eternity. It's fine." Joongki amazed at Gwangsoo's answer.

 

"Anyway, Joongki-ya. What do you mean by betrayal? I don't understand."

 

Joongki only silent for a while, but then, he started to tell what is on his head.

 

The betrayal that he did is telling The Clan's secret. Chaerin who is in a runaway right now is bringing a letter which contains 'SOS' sign from him. He's asking for help from them to stop The Queen's Clan. It's embarassing for his pride, but he knows, he doesn't have much power which equal The Clan. All of these things were told by him with code that only both of them understand.

 

All of the place in the Main Base is under control of The Queen but not for this laboratory. Joongki has requested to not disturb him because this is his place. Anyway, the Main Base also was found by him when he went to the forest alone.

 

He may hate the Clan but in the other hand, he has much big contribution to keep them safe. "Well, Joongki-ya. They must say thank you, specially for you, because you have kept them in safe." Gwangsoo pats his back to comfort him. He sees that his little brother's eyes are turning red. "Why your eyes are turning red?"

 

"Do you see it?"

 

"Yeah, what happen to you?"

 

"Please go away for a while, Gwangsoo-hyung. Leave me alone now. It's dangerous."

 

He understand many things about the clan, but except this thing. He always avoids Joongki when this thing happen to him. This clan, every people in this clan have two sides of themself. The one is vampire and another one is human.

 

You've betrayed us, Joongki-ya.

 

His another side is speaking by a voice which is echoing through his ears.

 

"I-I am not..."

 

You have betrayed us.

 

Joongki is the only one on The Clan who can control his side which can be extremely as dangerous as The Queen.

 

Gwangsoo who has gone out from the laboratorium actually stayed in front of the door. He listens if Joongki is talking to someone, but he's alone. He doesn't know if he has second side like the Clan usually have.

 

You need rest, Joongki-ya. Why don't you give yourself to me?

 

"I won't give myself to you."

 

Huh, you're still look like the past. Annoying.

 

"GET AWAY FROM ME!!"

 

"Joongki, what happen to you?!" Gwangsoo opens the door in panic and finds that he has...

 

###

 

Some hours before Chaerin's runaway.

 

"Here, give to your leader." Joongki gives a letter to Chaerin who has stared at him blankly. Her recovery is successful and she won't turn into vampire. "What is it?"

 

"A letter. Don't open it, okay? And hide it well. I can't help you to go out because I afraid that your brother's life will in threat."

 

"Threat? What had he done?"

 

"He said that I couldn't say this thing to you, but do you really want to hear it?"

 

Chaerin's eyes widened at how that pretty boy expressed his question. It's pretty strong that it's a serious question. "Do you really want to know?" Chaerin nods.

 

"You brought to this place from somewhere, right?"

 

"I went to this place and passed the forest with a woman who looked really pretty like a doll."

 

"It's Nana. Anyway, you came here only with her, right?"

 

She nods without hesitant. She reminded that after they fallen asleep, the only one who left on the room was only her. She couldn't find him. "Your brother had came to this place earlier than him. If you curious how long time had passed when you were there, the only answer is more than a week. There are a lot of poison around the underground there that strong enough to keep you asleep since The Clan knows that both of you haven't trained about it."

 

"And then?"

 

"When you asleep, your brother made a promise with The Queen with one condition. You can go out, but you can't bring anything about this place and the people to them. If that thing found out and they knew all of it came from you, your brother must work for The Clan."

 

Joongki's serious in sadness expression isn't change. She highly doubt that there's still something about it."Is there any other thing?"

 

"Nothing. Forget it."

 

She still curious from Joongki's expression which is clearly obvious if he still hide something. It can be about her or another thing. "Well, I hope you won't angry if I erase your magical ability." He straightfowardly said to Chaerin.

 

"What did you said?"

 

"I erase every of your magical ability because I'm afraid that they will make target at you. The Queen had seen your ability through The Puppet's eyes."

 

She reminded the first attack from The Puppet. She and her brother attacked him with fire which they had controlled. She didn't realize that The Queen could do that far. She didn't know what should she did now. She has freezed by her own thought.

 

"Gwangsoo-hyung!" The tall guy who has waited his name to be called, opens the door slowly. "Chaerin-ssi..."

 

"Yeah?" She weakly answers him and stares him blankly and lifeless. Her voice has cold already because of the huge shock as the impact of Joongki's words.

 

"I'll do everything what you want when we meet again, Chaerin-ssi. Please, I beg you. Run as far as you can and don't said anything about this place. Forget everything that you see and you'll be safe. Don't make any major problem again with The Clan for now, there's no chance to defeat her and this clan at the time." Joongki grabs Chaerin shoulders tightly, right after he stands up. His eyes stares at her sharply. She can see that Joongki really need her to trust his words.

 

She may answer with 'yes', but her head is as hard as a stone. Her stubborn character can't go away even in a serious situation. "Can you?" He asks again.

 

"I can't say yes or no for now." She smiles bitterly and Joongki only can sigh.

 

"Hyung, please direct her to the secret way out. Make sure that four troublesome people don't see her departure."

 

###

 

changed.

 

Gwangsoo can't believe what he saw on that guy.

 

The Hunters may remind this when they got the very first attack from The Puppet, and so does this case....

 

"Joongki-ya. Get yourself back!" The tall guy is in panic while this guy starts to approach him slowly.

 

The unusual side of him is terribly making a nightmare for Gwangsoo who knows nothing about this.

 

The red eyes which is similar with someone is staring at him with much hatred and anger. On the closer sight, they're similar like the hungry wild beasts.....

 

Next : Chapter 24 - Pianissimo


 

Author's Note :

Yep, hello! I just came from Resolving and now, I has finished to update both of them~~~

Well, do you remind a past chapter from the end of this chapter? That's right, chapter 3. I need to bring this out to introduce the Clan~ oh then, if you feel that this chapter is somehow looked like a scene from drama Gu Family Book, you also can say that because I'm watching this drama every week but for the God sake, I don't use that scene because it's too complicated lol -_-v 

btw, i miss gwangsoo and joongki together out of sudden huwee T___T

Oh then, the only update from my workspace (?) is... *drumroll* I'm working chapter 25 which is extremely long (and it maybe the longest  one chapter in this story--). I won't give teaser until I update chapter 24! XP

Okay, let's end this A/N. My head is in a war and really hectic right now (?)

Don't forget to leave your thoughts about itkay? This chapter is quite important tho o/

-bvvc