Lonely

The Queen & The Hunters

Fifteen years ago--

 

A man come to his girlfriend's house in panic. Something disturbed himself all the time. A voice that had asked for help kept whisper through his head. Annoying yet' so confusing. He couldn't deny but he also curious about it.

 

"Hyori-ssi, Eunhye-ya!" He knocked the door of the house. It didn't give any respond at all. The house was really quiet at all. He knew that was normal to be like this, but sometimes, quiet also scary at all. "Hyori-ssi, Eunhye-ya!" The longer he spent to wait, the crazier panic that he got. "I'm sorry, but anybody's house?" He tried to call them politely, but it still the same. There wasn't any respond at all.

 

In that silent, he heard something.

 

Something sounded like cry, suddenly echoed through the silence of the house. He tried to open the door, but it was locked. They locked it carefully because two girls were living alone there.

 

"Why you're here?"

 

The door suddenly opened and revealed Hyori' behind it. "You just cried?" — "Who won't cry at her sister's dead, huh?!" Her face was totally a mess up because of crying. "Why you just came? Why didn't you come earlier?" — "What do you mean?! I'm not understand!" It wasn't an excuse, but he totally didn't understand. He only hoped that it wasn't real.

 

Jongkook pulled Hyori closer to himself. Their eyes met each other. "Please, Hyori. Tell me what happen," Hyori's mouth seemed to mumble something, but she didn't brave enough to say it. "Look it by yourself. I can't say it..."

 

Once again, he pulled Hyori to go with him.

 

They reached the second floor and a room on the end of the corridor opened. "What happen to her?!" He run in panic.

 

Nobody was there.

 

The bedroom was totally messed up by someone. The windows were left carelessly. He came in to the scene. "She has murdered by someone..." The scent of his woman still visible in the air. "Two girls stayed here." Hyori's eyes widened by it. She even hasn't told that thing.

 

He stood up and started to look around. "No! She hasn't died! But, what is this flower's scent?" He talked to himself alone. "She has died, stupid. The trace of her is invisible, but I can feel it," Hyori's eyes had shown that she had lost her hope. She couldn't do anything anymore. "You said she has murdered by someone, right? It impossible that she still alive!" — "Her corpse isn't here, Hyori-ssi." He kept the hope and a hope of high possibility that she still alive.

 

He continued to see around the messed up room.

 

"Where's the blanket?" There was only a pillow on the bed, there wasn't any blanket. "I don't know," Hyori closed the door and left Jongkook alone on his' girlfriend room. His mouth finally shutted down.

 

The only strange things on that place were a totally messed up room, the left-opened windows and the lost blanket. But, the only thing that left was the mysterious scent of woman beside Eunhye.

 

###

 

A month has passed after the disappearance of Eunhye.

 

Jongkook had turned into a silent person. The chatterbox who often brightened up the mood of the sisters had gone. His sweetest smile had gone away. There was still a hope in himself, but the longer it stayed, it became slolwy disappeared like dust which was brushed by the wind.

 

On the other hand, Hyori had turned into a tightly-closed person which was worse than Jongkook. Her cheerful voice has gone. She was the only one who believed Jongkook a lot at first to protect her sister and actually believed that her sister still alive from his words. But, it turned by a three hundred and sixty degrees. She never talked to him anymore as it looked like that she had blamed Jongkook for anything.

They were between a cold war which wouldn’t go easily.

###

 

Autumn.

 

The green leaves had turned become yellow and brown. Wind brushed every part of the city without hesitation. Old Seoul was very empty without any citizen on the road. The wind was too strong and too cold.

 

This guy didn't care about the cold wind at all. The silence of the city was enough for him to feed his loneliness. He headed to the park alone.

 

In short time, he finally reached the park

 

A bench with a girl sat alone caught his eyes. He went closer to it, "Excuse me, Can I sit here?" She nods.

 

She blankly stared at him.

 

"Is that something wrong with me?" He asked again, "You remind me of someone," Her voice was really cold and dead. "Ah, I'm sorry," He felt something different from that girl.

 

The girl took something that she had hided beside herself. "For you," A pair of flower was given by her. Both of them were rose, but the one was red and the other one was white. The red one was almost dried and the white one seemed still fresh. "For...what?" He asked in confused. "You can take both of them," — "Thank... Thank you,"

 

At the moment he took the flowers, his hand was thrilled by the cold which come from the red one and hurted by the thorns from the white one.

 

"Are you fine?" The girl read his expression which was shocked with the rose's after-effect. "I'm fine," Then he hided his hand, because, his left hand was bleeding.

 

Jongkook stared at the red one.

 

"Do you understand what's the meaning of the red one?"

 

"I feel that this one is expressing death, am I right?"

 

"Almost-death to be exact. It's expressing someone's almost-death. The rose hasn't dried badly, but it means that the people hasn't died yet. But, that people has became really weak, the thorns of that rose aren't sharp anymore."

 

He felt glad that he still kept his hope high that Eunhye was still alive. Maybe, the rose was looked useless for another people's eyes, but actually, he felt that this rose was expressing Eunhye.

 

"And what is the meaning for the white one?"

 

"It's cold and the thorns are sharp, right?" The girl .

 

"Of course!"

 

"Well, for that one, it's expressing someone who turned become really cold. The sharp thorns are expressing if the people became strong, but it also means that that people become dangerous. And that people is still alive. Maybe, waiting until the red rose bloomed later?"

 

"The red rose won't never bloom. It almost-died and it's too weak to bloom," He looked at the red one which was still at his hand. "Why your hope is so low, huh?"

 

"I'm thinking of my girlfriend who lost mysteriously some months ago. I'm thinking that she's still alive until now. But, looking at this red rose, I had a feeling that she won't ever see at me again,"

 

The girl's eyes widened by his words. "Well, I also feel that the white one is looking like you," — "Me?" She points at herself. "Yeah."

 

"White also can mean as 'blank' right? You often stared at me blankly and the way you talked and your voice, they were so cold. I don't really know who are you, but I have a feeling that we ever met before,"

 

Jongkook carefully took the white rose which he quite scared on. He carefully avoided the small thorns and then showed it to the girl. "Take it," Her hand approached that man's hand. They're looking so contrast. The one was tanned and another one was really pale and white. "Do you really want to give it or no?" The reason why she said that thing was because Jongkook didn't let that rose as soon as the girl's hand had touched it.

 

"Your hand, it's so cold!"

 

Their hand met and touched each other. He still thrilled by the extreme cold which came from that hand and the rose at the same time. "I know," He finally let it away.

 

"Are you sick?" — "No,"

 

"May I give you a nickname?"

 

"Go on then,"

 

"Frozen flower. You're as beautiful as flower, but... you're so cold," He laughed awkwardly. "Thanks, I like that nickname!"

 

Her voice finally raised up.

 

"I'm Song Jihyo, you?"

 

"Kim Jongkook. Nice to meet you,"

 

He felt dizzy after they introduced themself. Another thing came, he also felt a strong sleepiness. "Are you okay?"

 

"I-I'm fi-"

 

He suddenly felt down to her lap.

 

The girl his head carefully. The thick dark-brown hair was beautiful for her. Then, she took one of his hand. It was still bleeding badly on the finger. "I'm sorry for this one,"

 

She cupped his bleeding finger.

 

After she done, "I know its hurt and you're only an ordinary people, but how came your blood tasted so extraordinary?" She smiled and continued to his head. She knew that he wasn’t an ordinary people. She felt glad that she liked him even this guy rejected her for a reason which could make her laughed real hard.  Her efforts to fake many things weren’t useless.

 

Next : Chapter 22 - Unveil (The Kids)

 


 

Author's Note :

Well, I updated this chapter because of the helpess boredom. There should be a lot of mistakes since this chapter is a full-flashback (and I didn't do my own beta carefully because I'm really sleepy now ;;;). Anyway, the beginning of this chapter is the one in c.19 (Letter for Sisters). Oh then, This is actually a continuation to a future chapter (I've done for that, but it's still long to continue that chapter :P) and the answer of the teaser in c.19~

It's confusing (but I really like to tease people so I post the continuation first :P), but my work behind the scenes (?) is totally crazier than it. A hundred percent, I swear, the plot is getting complicated because I start to connect the story together. 1-19 are quite easy for me, but 20 and further.... are.... woah.

Okay, stop ranting.

But anyway, thank you for the support until this far~ I really appreaciate it and it make me stronger to face every writer's problems in this fic (?) ^^ /lol what is it/ 

let's end the note, I know it's boring to read this far lol--

-bbvc