Crescendo

The Queen & The Hunters

 

Old Seoul, 8.30 A.M

 

It's officially Autumn in Old Seoul from today.

 

The wind has blown over the city since in the morning. Green replaced by the Browns and the Yellows. Sun shines brightly even it isn’t as warm as yesterday. It's autumn and the wind doesn't only bring leaves, but also angry people with the heart as cold as wind.

 

One of the rooftop...

 

A pair of the youngest and the leader are watching over something. They're mumbling everything that they knew. With cold sweats and heavy burdens everywhere, They only can look what's happening at the City-hall clearly.

 

Clearly or no, Seungri catches something strange about it. "Hyung, I listen to something strange," — "What is that?"

"Aren't they angry to us? Aren't they... Searching for us?" Seungri panicked. "Why they're searching for us, while the one who failed wasn't only our group?" Jiyong mumbled. He can't understand what that people think over them. Why they hate them really much?

 

Jiyong stands up from his hiding place, "Where are you going, hyung?" Seungri looks at The Leader, "Facing them." The Leader smiles proudly, "We don't need to meet them!" In a blink of eyes, He disappears. "HYUUNG~!!!!!"

 

Seungri always fooled by his teleportation's skill which is completely annoyed the group and made him easily move. "Seungri-ya~ let's go down!" Jiyong whispered. He already reached the bottom in seconds. "I'm coming hyung~" Seungri lazily walks to the ladder.

 

###

 

They're confidently walk at the pedestrian. It isn't crowded by people, but a bunch of empty houses next to them are really quiet. Jiyong is looked as the most confidence but Seungri keeps his head lowered. "Hyung, Can we face them at the another time? I'm tired looking at them." — "Just think they're Chaerin." Jiyong embraces his little brother tightly, "Why I must think like that?", asked Seungri lazily. "Chaerin always nag you right? No matter how small that wrong-deeds that you made, didn't she?" — "Yeah, I know, she's such a perfectionist."

 

"That's good to have someone perfectionist around you, Seungri-ya~"

 

"But... She's really extreme,", He's sighing.

 

Without they realised, they already reached the City-hall. A bunch of people already waited from them. "Look! Who's coming!" A man points at them, Jiyong and Seungri. "That troublemaker, right?" Another people joins. "Why they still confidently come to us?" Jiyong still smiling.

 

Jiyong passed the crowd freely and so does Seungri who still follow him from back. "Hey! Why you don't stop a while?" A man from the crowd pushes Seungri but Jiyong pulls him as fast as possible. "Don't lose my hand, Ri," — "Hyung~" Seungri whines in shy and his hand's trembling in Jiyong's hand.

 

###

 

They walk together into City-hall and meet the Mayor who still take care some of the citizens, they also look at the Vice-Mayor who also help the Mayor. "Jaesuk-ssi~!" Jiyong waves his hand at the Mayor. "What make you come here, Ji?" Both of they're bowing. "I'm sorry for last night. We failed to protect this city,", "We're really-really-really sorry," Seungri follows.

 

"That's okay. I'll forgive you, if you help our new doctor there. She's really busy and need some help. Both of you can do this, right?" The Mayor somehow doesn't trust them. He pointed to the small park behind the building.

 

"Actually, this is what should Taeyang does, but... I think I also can do it, even a little. Do you want to join, Ri?" — "May I help you inside with the elders, Yoo Jaesuk-ssi?"

 

"Why not, Ri?" Seungri is softly said no by that answer from his question. Jiyong only can sighs, "Alright, don't make any mistake," He's bowing lightly and leaving them immediately.

 

###

 

It's not bad, thinks Jiyong.

 

He looks at the park behind that building. There's a lot of people taken care by a woman. Ji knows who all of them, they're the Hunters who joined the war last night. All of them get injuries which are really bad.

 

He feels lucky that he returned.

 

'I loved my plan.' He mumbles, then smiles like fool.

 

He hears a lot of whining from their mouths. He doesn't tired of them easily, but he feels lucky.

 

He examines their injuries thoroughly. Almost all of them have claw marks as one of their injuries, there are also some marks from bullets and burns. Their conditions are really bad. "If you don't have anything to do, why don't you help me?"

 

A voice of woman talks to him. "What should I do, mistress?" He's provoking the woman with it. "You haven't cleaned that?" asks Jiyong again and then laughed. "Oh, I don't know that mutant has a nice sense of smelling?"

 

The woman who talked to him comes. She's the doctor. "Hi, Jiyong-ah. Long time no see." The doctor smiles, "You're such a monster," — "I don't care,"

 

"I see that you've met my brother," Jiyong started serious. The woman with extremely pretty-looking, but she's spreading a strange comfort-feel in her smile. She owns a pair of not-too-big eyes, perfect lips and cheeks, black straight hair, and strange-pitched voice. "Song Jihyo-noona...."

 

"I see that you don't change, huh? It has been so long since that time," — "Kwon Jiyong~ the betrayer of that time. Mutant has different level from us and I definitely higher," She passes him.

 

"I hate that word,"

 

"I don't need help from a mutant,"

 

Next : Chapter 18 - de Crescendo

 


 

Author's Note :

Aw, hello everybody! it's d-9 before my test day omg (I'm so nervous yet' also really panic). Time has passed really fast T__T It felt like April just started and now? it already the midth of the month. I updated two because I thought I haven't updated for such a long time.... so.... I need two chappies.... alright. Yep, have you figured out our main characters (re : The Queen) from the two updated chapters? I hope so. It's getting obvious, lol. ^^;;

fyi, Crescendo is one of the music terms which mean 'getting louder' and de Crescendo is the opposite of it. ^^

btw, what do you think about the replacement  'Continue to Chapter' become 'Next :'? Please tell me your opinion!

 

Thank you!^^