Countdown (Part-1)

The Queen & The Hunters

 

"Oppa, I wish you're happy with someone I send with. Please protect my unnie." A girl smiles brightly.

 

"Eunhye-ya, I won't! If it's not you, I won't as happy as it with you! I can't do it alone!"

 

"Eunhye-ya!"

 

She turned back from him and went away somewhere. Go to somewhere to a better place and... Far away from Jongkook....

 

............

 

"Hyung, you're awake!"

 

His little eyes slowly trying to adjust anything that passed through his eyes. He’s trying to adjust if it's a reality again. Slowly, a blurry shape of his little brother's face and two of his another little brother becomes better. Daesung, Donghoon, and Gary.

 

"Why all of you are... here?" The oldest try to wake up. "We called by Ji to come here!" Donghoon responds.

 

He's looking to the window and find that the sun already replaced by the moon. "How long I have been slept?" — "It’s almost a half of a day" He doesn't shock at all, it just because he thinks it possible to him, who possessed by someone. "Hyung, something’s wrong?" Gary looks at his brother's face that really heavy because of something. "Nothing, Gary-ya. It's okay." He smiles a little, a bitter smile. It’s a smile that only he knows its meaning. He knows, smile may heal his broken feeling, but he knows wound never healed. Nobody replace her perfectly in a really-small part of his heart. "Where is Hyori? I didn't remember anything except her face, her angry face."

 

"Hyung, didn't you realize?" Daesung said in a tone of panic. "What?" — "The Queen talked through your mouth and you fainted after that! She decelerated a war to Hunters!"

 

"Ah, really?" Donghoon seems just knew about it. "Yes, is it. And now, it already started! But they haven't reached the middle of the town, still in the furthest place from here!"

 

Luckily. But, still, it doesn't luck at all.

 

"Ji-hyung said that we can't go out! We can't let hyung go out! Isn't that right, Gary-hyung?" Gary nods. "Yes, it is. He said if hyung goes out, it just mean like let The Queen knows your position! Even The Queen maybe won't target to the citizens for now, but at least, she tries to find you."

 

"Alright! Alright! So where's Hyori?!" He's getting frustrated. Angry, sad, feeling wrong and worry become one. Eunhye maybe a girl that she still loves even he can't reach her again, but Hyori is the one that should be protected by him for now. "Hyori-noona is on the laboratory with Chaerin. Noona said she didn't want to meet you for now." Daesung stops him.

 

Sighs.

 

He thinks that Hyori is already too angry to meet him. But, it’s actually no. She's really confused with anything that happens. A doubtful thing but right. "She's safe, right?"

 

"Of course, hyung. Seunghyun-hyung is also down there."

 

In the another place,

 

North Old Seoul, 3rd Road. The only road in the north area that people use to go to another city.

 

Blood and sweats colour the road together. Confused and thrilling atmosphere come again to this place. Unaccountable screams and corpses of the hunter lay on the road. Like what Mayor already predicted before, this clan of vampire is extremely different from the normal that they usually meet. They only show themselves sometimes, they always use 'puppet' or 'instantly-recruit' a hunter. Every hunter that unluckily meet them will be ended as their clan, but they also will be ended in the Hunters' hands, even before they meet The Queen itself.

 

Ji already predicted this, but one of his predictions is wrong. The Queen won't come.

 

The truth isn't say so.

 

"Hyung, why they don't come by themselves? They're so annoying!" Seungri shouts from afar. He keeps run and jump crazily to avoid them. "Why they are recruiting the ones with weapons, huh?!" He complains. "Isn't the one with supernatural power is better?"

 

"They try to clean the weaker after that the stronger. Have I said that they are a new clan which more focus on the quality more than amount?" — "I know that! But, they're really annoying."

 

"Keep calm, Seungri-ya. Don't let you fall in their unseen trap." Ji points at some rooftop. "There's a lot unseen super-thin string. If you touch it even only using your little-finger, you can end stuck there." He makes some trace of lines with his finger in the empty air; try to show some examples to Seungri. "Seunghyun-hyung already warned me about this."

 

After listen Ji's explanation, they start to bravely crossing a sea of people. Bullets and the-meeting-sounds of metal between daggers and knifes which make a horrible harmony that can make every people start anxious. Taeyang suddenly follow Seungri's fast steps, "What are you doing, hyung?" — "I try to find someone! He's really useful if I meet him!" Seungri doesn't care actually with it, he only want to see The Queen, an impossible thing.

 

"Dongwook-hyung! Dongwook-hyung!" Taeyang suddenly shouting really loud, he wishes if the one who own that name will respond him. "Dongwook-hyung!"

 

                                                                                                     ∞

 

"What are you doing here?" Hyori only shows her back, showing that she really doesn't care.... or maybe already really frustrated to his boyfriend, Jongkook. "Don't you know I don't want to meet anyone?" Really, but she's really bored to meet people today exactly, it just because they kept say the same and she tired to see his boyfriend who is slowly turn become a puppet. "Chae-ya, can’t you stop him?"

 

He's normally too strong; even he doesn't turn into vampire. My strength isn't enough to stop him, unnie. I'm sorry. She whispers to Hyori who still sits calmly even though Chaerin already anxious even only to see Jongkook. "Hyori-ya...." His voice is going really low until it become unclear. "Are you bored?"

 

Are you bored?

 

3 words that attacks Hyori's heart, the only place where the love from two-people that she loved a lot lived.

 

Eunhye and......... He, the guy who still keeps looks at her, although she only gives her back.

"Are you bored with me? I can...” — "Let's break up, shall we? You're too dangerous for us. If you think that girl is a better place for you now, so go from me."

 

"Unnie, why—"

 

"Don't interrupt us, Chae-ya."

 

"The time for our break up will come soon, but not now." A bitter smile appears in his face. "Alright, I'll wait for that time come." And so does Hyori. "Uh, unnie... oppa...Are you serious?" Chaerin left in confused, asking herself about if she really see a truth or... "I don't want you to see both of you like this..." She hides her face between her hands; this is the first time feeling a super-heavy burden for sees from a break up.... "It's not because of you."

 

She feels soft warmth suddenly. "It's not because of you, Chae-ya. Don't cry." A soft voice from male... Jongkook. "I'm not crying... I'm only... confused."

 

                                                                                                     ∞

 

They keep avoid the unaccountable bullets from the clan's puppets. Flying and spreading in every inches of road.

 

Night is getting colder and colder, the more it fall in the deep, the more it becomes more dangerous. From the furthest place, specifically, a pair of eyes looks at the war from the roof. It’s perfectly unseen.

 

"Dongwook-hyung!" She’s seeing a male calling over someone, a smirk drawn in the face again. "Dongwook-hyung!"

 

"You're lying, Dongwook. You said there's no one will search you, but, there's someone." — "It's my brother!" A male with brown hair, tied up in a chair next to its. They're unseen even though they're in the roof. "Let me out! I won't say anything about—"

 

"I don't trust anybody except my clan."

 

"Who are you?" That male's breathing becomes harder and a smell of blood also comes together. A knife just stabs his stomach.

 

"Do you asking who I am? You're asking for that?" That person makes a smirk again, showing that his question is really stupid.

 

                                                                                                  ∞

 

"Uh, oppa..... Oppa... stop it." Chaerin mumbles in pain, "Why...you did it to me? Who...are you?"

 

"What are you doing to her?!" Hyori runs in panic, looking what his boyfriend did. Something control him again, "Unnie... help... help..." Chaerin's breathe start harder. "Oppa...stop...." — "Don't move closer...Hyori." But her footsteps stop when she sees something wrong. A pair of red eyes that shone brightly in the first time, change into a pair of bloody-red eyes, which it scarier this time. Slowly the fangs dissapear, turns himself look like a human again, but... still, his eyes' colour don't change at all. Chaerin who still in a shock-state and pains.... Only can silent. A pain of fire eating her is the thing she can feel. Yes, she's bitten by him when she hugged.

 

"Who are you?" She's trying to adjust what she sees.

 

"You’re asking who I am. You're asking for that?" He makes a smirk. Showing that her question is really stupid..... 

 

Continue to Chapter-13