28: My perfect life

Is my life already perfect?

 

6.am >airport<

"Wah! What a beautiful morning!" You stretch your arm. You wonder if your parents already know that you're coming back. You search at the front but you still didn't see them. "Where are they?"-you*talking to yourself*. You look at the waiting section and there they were. As you walk closer to them,they suddenly walk off from their seat and greet someone.

 

'Are they waiting for someone else?'-you*quickly hiding behind the wall*.

 

You look closer at their direction. "They look familiar" You whisper. "Excuse me Miss!"-Kid*shouting*. You look at the kid and bent down to his eye level. "Yes? Is there something wrong?"-you*smiling*. "Why are you hiding?"-The kid*blinking*. "I'm just wondering who are my parents waiting for. That's all" You want to lie to the kid but you can't. You just can't lie anymore. "You mean my parents?" The kid snap you in the face. "Wh,. What!?"-you*shock*. "They are my parents. You see, your father is blood related to my mother"-Kid*acting like know-it-all*. "Okay. How old are you? And is this a candid camera?"-You*looking around hoping to find a hiding camera*. "Noona, I'm your cousin and why would I do that!?" the kid look at you innocently. To be honest, you ALMOST fall for it but being as stubborn as you are, you keep on denying it. "4 words! I DON'T BELIEVE YOU"-you*eyeing him or more like a glare*. "Noona. You're scary!"-kid*starting to cry*. "Omo!" You shock at his reaction. Everyone around you look at you and some of them are even whispering.

 

You look at your parents's direction and OMG! They notice you. Your mother walk towards you and then your father. Follow by 'the kid's parents'. "Dear! What are you doing to this little kid?"-your Mother*patting the kid's head*. "I…, I..," You can't speak. "Lee Chi Hoon! What I had just told you. You have to stay with the guard"-his mother*putting an angry face*. "I'm sorry~ It's just, Noona is so scary~"-ChiHoon*wiping his tears*. You look at the innocent kid and feel guilty.

 

'So he does telling the truth. Maybe I should apologise'-you*bending down again*.

 

"I'm sorry little kid. Noona promise noona will buy you an ice cream"-You*giving him your brightest smile ever*. The kid look at  you for awhile then he smile back. "Okay!" He beam. "So you’re my smarty niece that my mom always talk about"-his mother*smiling at you*. "Huh?" You give her a confuse look. "Oh, right! I forgot you didn't know me yet. I'm Narsha, Your father little sis. You can call me Aunty Narsha and this is my husband JiHoon" They bow to you and you bow back. "My name-" You can't even finish your words. "We know"-Narsha*winking at you*. You just nod your head.

 

"Anyway, what are you doing here?"-your father*glaring at Narsha*. "I'm here to bring ______ back since mother didn't have the courage to do that. She even let her going back to this country"-Narsha*roll her eyes*. "What!?"-Your father and you shout together. "I said I'm bringing ______ back"-Narsha*confident look*. "Wh-Why should I?" You give her your confuse face. "Because I said so" Narsha look at you and then she smirk. "There's no way she's going back!"-your father*grabbing your hand*. You nod in agreement. Your father start to pull you and your mom away.

 

"BECAUSE SHE'S SICK!"-Narsha*shouting*. A tear begin to roll down her cheek. Your father stop from walking and face her back. "I know you're not going to believe me but it's true" She start to sobbing. Your father raise his hand. You know he will slap her face. Your father then swing his hand to slap her

 

SLAP!

 

Narsha, JiHoon, ChiHoon, your father and your mother's eyes widen. You had receive the slap. "I think she's right" You look at your father's eyes trying to convince him.

 

Flashback:

 "I have to pack my things" You said and she stop from walking. Then she touch her chest. It seem she's in pain. You want to ask her but you don't want her to know that you're still care for her so with a heavy sigh you just ignore it and walk pass her.

End of Flashback.

 

Your father sigh in defeat and this make your mother smile a little. Your father hate your grandma ever since he knows that she cheated on his father with someone else and as the result Narsha is his half-sister. You smile at him and hug him. "Thank you dad"

 

"Should we be going now"-Narsha*breaking all the daughter-father time*. You nod and so as your parents. Your parents didn't have to pack their things since they already have their things at your grandma's house. All of you fly there by your grandma's private airplane. 

 

'I guess I'm going back'-you*remembering the things that happened*

 

"Wait! Umma! Where are my lil brothers and sisters?"-you*panic*. "Don't worry dear. They have to stay since they have school. The bodyguards and the maids will take care of them"-Your mother*smilling*. You sigh in relief.

 

Hours later…

 

"Wake up~ We already arrive"-Narsha*shouting*. You rub your eyes and yawn. You look at your fun-loving aunty and blink a few times.  "Aunty, you're really weird for a married lady"-you. "I know"-ChiHoon*agreeing with you*. "Yah! You two! Stop talking!" You two laugh at her action.

 

As you get out from the airport, Narsha show a panic face as she answer the call. She walk closer towards you. "She's in the hospital" Narsha *try to hold her tears and shaking*. Your eyes widen so as your parents. You panicky hurry run toward the black car and order the driver to go to the hospital right away. "Dear! Wait!" You can hear your parents are calling for you but you ignore it.

 

Your POV

I can't believe this. My grandma is in the hospital right now. I hope she can wait for me. My eyes are beginning to blur as tears run down my cheek. "hurry up! Ahjushi!" I said to the driver. The car then stop. "Ahjushi! Why are you stopping?" I ask impatience. He point at the traffic jam. "What!? There is no time for this!" I get out from the car and start to run as fast as I could.

 

 It really took me a long time to get there. I go to the counter. "Annyeonghaseyo. Where is Mrs.Yun's room?" I ask while breathing heavily. "It's room 23. Second floor" I bow as a thanks and quickly run into the elevator. The elevator's door open and I quickly go to the room. It was a V.I.P room. I open the door a little to take a peek of the inside.

 

Grandma is laying unconscious with the help of the oxygen mask. My eyes are tearing again. I close the door and lay my body against it. "pabo! Pabo!" I keep on repeating that word. I'm blaming myself for not seeing this to happen. Just then my parents come and see this. "Dear, It's not your fault" My mother go towards me and hug me tightly. This time, I'm crying more hard. My father join in too. "It's not anyone fault either".

 

The hug didn't last for awhile when I heard a beep sound. I break the hug and enter the room. My eyes widen as I notice it was the machine. Doctors came to the room and order me to leave but my body couldn't move. I know what the sound mean. It mean I couldn't see her anymore. I couldn't see her smile, her laugh, her mumbling and her nagging anymore. I leave the room slowly with the help of the wall. My life seem to falling apart. Even though Grandma was not part of my 'perfect life' but she was the one who make me stronger. I remember when she mad at me because I run away from the house and the way she teach me on how to cook. I look at my father face. I never saw him like this before. I know that he feel the way I do. My mother is beside him, comforting him. I never saw this sad situation before and I never felt this feeling before.

 

The doctor come out and tell something to my father. I know what the doctor tell him. She is gone. My grandma is gone. My father burst into tears. I shake my head repeatedly and go inside the room. I approach my grandma and shake her hand. "Grandma! Grandma! Wake up!" I keep on repeating these words. My father stop me and shake his head. "She's already gone dear" he said softly. "No! No! It can't be!" I shake my head and run away.

 

Yes. I run away again. I go to the park and sit at the bench. The view is really calming. I walk to the green field and lay myself. I close my eyes and listen to the bird chirping and eventually I fall asleep.

 

~Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Yeah! Yeah!~ (my ringtone)

 I wake up to the sound of my ringtone. I open my phone. It was a message from my father. I didn't want to open it at first but then I change my mind. I open it.

 

From: My beloved father

Your grandma funeral will be held this evening. 4pm. At ***** funeral.

 

My eyes widen. "What time is it?" I check my watch and it's already 2.30 pm. "Omg! I'll be late!" You run to the road to stop a taxi but the taxi seem no where to be found so you just run.

End of your POV.