Chapter 31

Our Love

“Let go of me.” Tiffany pulled her hand away when Donghae finally stopped walking. He had lead her to the back of SME.

 

She inspected her wrist to see if it had gone red due to Donghae's strong grip, there were none. She looked up and found Donghae standing motionlessly, his back facing her. She found this strange due to the fact that Donghae usually seemed to have problems with standing still.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” Tiffany asked, feeling worried.

 

“It's nothing.” Donghae turned to her, a smile on his face. Tiffany gasped, there were tears in his eyes.

 

“W-what? Don't- don't do that.” Tiffany hurried towards him.

 

“Don't do what?”

 

“Cry! Don't cry! What's going on? Are you having problems? Is there any way I can help?”

 

“Tiff, relax. There are no problems. Just feeling a bit emotional.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because today, everything's going to change.” He whispered. He slipped his hand into his pocket and pulled out a silver chain. Tiffany watched as the pendant was finally revealed. It was a ring. Tiffany's eyes widened in alarm. It couldn't be.

 

 

 

 

“Excuse me?” Kibum was more confused than ever after Yoona's statement.

 

“D-don't say anything. Let me get all of this out. Right now, when I still have the courage.” She took another deep breath as Kibum clamped up. “I lied to you. About so many things. About Siwon and I dating, about wanting space from you, about...” She paused. “and about my feelings for you. Lies, they were all lies. Lies that I thought was my way of protecting you, of protecting our friendship. And I was wrong.”

 

Tears started to stream down Yoona's face. “I love you, Kibum. So much. And I'm not expecting you to forgive me nor am I expecting for things to get back to the way it was. I just--- I'm sorry. For everything. I'll understand if you never want to speak to me again.” She searched Kibum's face but found nothing.

 

She whipped around and wiped her tears away. “Ok guys, you can unlock the doors now! Show's over!” She cried out bitterly.

 

Yoona her toes and was about to make her way to the door when Kibum grabbed her and spun her around. It took a few seconds for Yoona to realize what was going on. Kibum had kissed her. She closed her eyes and kissed him back. New tears were shed from her eyes but this time, it were happy ones.

 

 

 

 

 

On the balcony of the building a few floors up, Sooyoung laid a comforting hand on Siwon's shoulder. “Hey, you alright?” She asked gently.

 

“No, but don't worry. I will be.” Siwon smiled weakly.

 

“You did the right thing.”

 

“I know.” Siwon nodded. “She's happy now. So I'm happy too.”

 

“And it's all because of you.” Sooyoung smiled.

 

“No, it's because of us.” He smiled back.

 

 

 

 

“You're not going to propose to me, are you? I'm not ready to start a relatiosnhip!” Tiffany blurted, staring at the ring.

 

Donghae smiled wryly, “Don't worry, I'm not.”

 

Tiffany felt relieved. “Good. Then what's that ring for?”

 

“I want you to hold on to it for me.”

 

“What am I? A treasury box?”

 

“Tiffany, please. I'm not joking around.” Donghae said, his tone pleading.

 

“What's going on?” Tiffany asked, feeling anxious. Like she's not going to like what Donghae was about to say next.

 

“I'm leaving.”

 

Tiffany's eyes widened. “What do you mean?”

 

“It means I'm going somewhere far away and I won't be back for a long time.”

 

“Where are you going? And why are you leaving?”

 

“I have some unresolved issues and I'm leaving to fix them. To become a better man.”

 

“But what about your training? What about your studies?”

 

“I've already informed the company and the school. You don't have to worry about those things. The only thing you have to worry about is keeping this safe.” He took Tiffany's hand and gently and placed the ring on her palm.

 

“You're crying.” Donghae's eyes widened.

 

“You're an idiot. You know that? Didn't I say I was already warming up to you? And now you're leaving me behind?”

 

“I thought you were being sarcastic.” Donghae teased.

 

“And I thought you knew how to detect a lie from the truth!”

 

“So does this mean you'll wait for me?” Donghae held his breath, feeling like his chest was about to burst from the pounding of his heart.

 

Tiffany sniffed and wiped her tears away. “I can't promise I'm going to wait for you.” She said, handing him back the ring. Donghae's face fell as he took it back.

 

“But....when you return, come look for me. And we'll see.”

 

Donghae smiled and without thinking hugged Tiffany. Tiffany didn't hug him back but she also didn't push him away. And because of that, Donghae felt happy.

 

==

I actually finished this a long time ago but I didn't post it because I was worried it might seem rushed and I'm still not sure if posting this was a good move. I hope it is. :)