Chapter 28

Our Love

“Why did you do that?!” Yoona screamed at Sooyoung. “Why did you into my business?”

 

“Yoona, please calm down. I'm sorry. I know it's none of my business.” Sooyoung bit her lip. “But you were so miserable. I was just trying to help.”

 

“Help?” Yoona's tone lowered. “You just made everything worse!” She yelled again, tears bursting from her eyes. “You know what hurts the most? It's that I actually trusted you.” Yoona wiped her tears away and walked out of the room.

 

“Yoona!” Sooyoung said.“I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry.” She wept.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany cautiously entered SME. She had been succesful at avoiding Donghae for one whole day and if she could, she would avoid him forever.

 

“Tiffany?”

 

Tiffany jumped. When she realized it was Donghae who had said her name, she sped up her pace.

 

“Tiffany! Tiffany, wait!” Donghae followed her.

 

Tiffany's speed continued to increase rapidly until she finally broke into a run. Donghae chased after her, continuing to call her name. Tiffany had arrived at the top of the building when she finally ran out of breath and collapsed.

 

“What's--wrong--with--you?” Donghae panted, collapsing next to her.

 

“Get—away—from--me.” Tiffany tried crawling away from him with the remaining strength she had, which was not much.

 

“What are you doing?” Donghae complained, too tired to even follow her. Tiffany had crawled only a few inches away before she gave up and laid on the ground.

 

“What are you two doing? Are you practicing some kind of scene?” Eunhyuk appeared, his head shifting from Tiffany to Donghae.

 

“Hyuk, you're here. Come closer.”

 

“What?” Eunhyuk stopped in front of Donghae. Donghae reached out and grabbed the water bottle from Eunhyuk's hands, he finished it in one gulp.

 

Eunhyuk's eyes widened. “You two are not acting, are you? This is real! I'm going to get more water!” He quickly disappeared from view.

 

“Why did you do that?” Donghae sat up. Tiffany shook her head, too exhautsed to answer.

 

“Is it because we kissed?” Donghae cocked his head.

 

“You two kissed?!”

 

Donghae and Tiffany's head snapped. Eunhyuk was standing a few inches away from them, holding a water bottle in each hand, his mouth hanging open.

 

 

 

There was a calm atmosphere outside of SME, where fans sat around chatting, hopefully waiting for their idols to appear. As Kibum passed by them, some of them stared at him.

 

“He's really handsome.” A fan audibly whispered. “I wonder when they will debut him.”

 

“But he looks sad, doesn't he?” Another fan replied. Kibum looked at them and they quickly shut up. Kibum greeted them before he entered SME. Kibum sighed. He used to be fairly good with hiding his emotions but it seemed he was transparent now.

 

Hearing the sound of Yoona's voice, Kibum automatically looked up. An action he instantly regretted. Yoona was arm-in-arm with Siwon, chatting happily. Kibum thought it hurt to hear Yoona say she was dating Siwon, but seeing them together, the pain was just uncomparable. Kibum pretended not to see them and walked towards the other way.

 

Yoona looked back and watch Kibum ascend the stairs. When Siwon realized, she wasn't listening, he too looked back and found out who had captured Yoona's attention. Siwon put his arm around her shoulders and gave her a quick squeeze. Yoona smiled at him and their conversation began once more.

 

 

“So that's what happened. It was all just an accident.” Tiffany said, sitting beside Donghae and across Eunhyuk in a small cafe near SME “You won't tell anyone, right?”

 

“My lips are sealed.” Eunhyuk said, popping one of the many candies that Tiffany had given to him into his mouth. He smiled happily.

 

Tiffany sighed from relief, her hand on her chest. “That's good then.”

 

“But I'm curious about something.” Eunhyuk said, “What was the kiss like?”

 

“I told you it wasn't a kiss!” Tiffany whined. “It was just a brush of the lips for like a nanosecond.”

 

“That's right.” Donghae said, pretending to be frustrated. “What's wrong with you?” Tiffany nodded her head as a sign of agreement.

 

Eunhyuk was confused why Donghae sided with Tiffany at first but snickered just a moment later when Donghae had mouthed, “It was a kiss” behind Tiffany's back.

 

“Why are you laughing? Did we say something funny?” said Tiffany, who was getting impatient.

 

“No. It's just-- I remembered something.” Eunhyuk smiled and Donghae discreetly gave him a thumbs up.