Chapter 23

Our Love

“Yoona!” Kibum called, chasing after her on the hallways of their school. “Yoona!”

 

“What are you doing?” Siwon suddenly appeared, blocking Kibum's way.

 

“Get out of my way.” Kibum said, trying to maneuver away from Siwon but the latter grabbed his arm. “I think it's best to leave her alone.” Siwon said.

 

 

 

 

Yoona sat with her head bent down. Kibum chasing her still clear on her mind. Why won't he just give up? Suddenly, a carton of milk was in front of her. She lifted her hand and saw Siwon standing over her.

 

You like strawberry milk, don't you?” He smiled.

 

 

 

Unnie, why are you looking at me like that?” Seohyun asked. She was preparing to leave for school with Tiffany.

 

You--” Tiffany started and then quickly changed her mind. “It's nothing. I just realized you've grown up a lot.” She smiled, suddenly deciding she didn't want to hear the answer.

 

Unnie, you just realized that now? You should have realized it when I became taller than you.”

 

You little brat.” Tiffany prepared to “attack” her sister.

 

What are you doing?” Seohyun's eyes widened. “Unnie, don't do that. You know how ticklish I am.” She backed away as her older sister inched closer. “Unnie, dooonnn'ttt!” She screeched, running away.

 

Tiffany laughed, holding her stomach.

 

What's so funny?”

 

Tiffany stopped laughing and turned around. Her eyes narrowed. “What are you doing here?!”

 

Is that a way to greet a guest?” Donghae said. “Seohyun invited me to ride with you guys to school.”

 

 

 

What's wrong?” Siwon asked, casting a sideways glance at Yoona.

 

What makes you think anything's wrong?” Yoona answered feebly.

 

Well, the last time we were here. Didn't I hug you while you cried? Or was it just my imagination?”

 

Yoona's cheeks heated up. “Why do you have to bring that up?”

 

Siwon chuckled. “I was hoping to get a smile from you.”

 

Yoona looked up and met his eyes. “Why?”

 

Because it's been awhile and I miss it.” Siwon said gently.

 

 

The atmosphere in the Hwang's car wasn't exactly a comfortable one. Seohyun was stuck in between Donghae and Tiffany who apparently decided to become mute.

 

Isn't this nice?” Seohyun said cheerfully, trying to start a conversation. “Going to school with a friend.”

 

Tiffany scoffed.

 

I don't think your unnie considers me as her friend.” Donghae replied, glancing at Tiffany. “Does she even have any friends?”

 

Excuse me?” Tiffany snapped at Donghae. “What exactly are you implying?”

 

You finally speak.” Donghae said, smiling. “I thought you're tongue got cut off.”

 

Tiffany sneered at him and returned to staring out the window. Donghae sighed and Seohyun threw him an apologetic look. Donghae shrugged.

 

 

 

 

Unnie, why were you acting like that?” Seohyun pouted. “Donghae looked really sad.”

 

Why did you invite him anyway?” Tiffany said, rummaging through her locker. “You know we're not in good terms.”

 

You aren't? I was so sure my plan would work.” Seohyun said, speaking to herself more than to Tiffany.

 

Tiffany turned to Seohyun. “What plan?”

 

What?” Seohyun's head snapped up. “It's nothing. Unnie, I'm late to class. Bye!” She raced off to her classroom.

 

Tiffany turned back to her locker, closing it. She jumped up in surprise when she saw that Donghae had been leaning on the locker, next to hers.

 

Were you that surprised to see me?” Donghae smirked.

 

 

 

 

 

Why?!” Siwon cried. “Why are you refusing my heart? By any chance..... is there someone else?”

 

Very good, Choi Siwon!” The trainer said, clapping along with the students. Siwon smiled and bowed at them.

 

Keep this up and someday you can debut as an actor.” The trainer said, clapping him on the back. Siwon bowed, saying thank you.

 

All right. Everyone did a good job today. For doing so well, let's have an early dismissal.” The trainer announced. Everyone cheered and started packing their belongings.

 

Siwon was one of the first ones to get out of the room and the sight that met him made him unhappy.

 

 

 

What do you want?” Siwon glared at Donghae. They were in one of the vacant practice rooms. The two boys were facing each other.

 

I just wanted to tell you that the deal is off.” Donghae said calmly.

 

What do you mean?”

 

I'm not giving up on Tiffany.”