Chapter 21

Our Love

“So then what happened?” Junsu asked, taking a bite of his sandwich.

 

“The princess did not love the commoner back. She found a prince and they lived happily ever after while the commoner just stood back and watched them, promising to himself that even though the princess did not love him back, he will continue to look after her.” Kibum said, finishing his story.

 

“That's really sad.” Junsu put down his sandwich. “I think I just lost my appetite.”

 

“Stop talking nonsense and eat your sandwich.”

 

“You know I think the story seems a little weird though.” Junsu said thoughtfully.

 

“And why is that?”

 

“Because I think the commoner gave up too easily. I mean, maybe when the princess didn't answer his question, it was because she was just confused or maybe she got cold feet. Silence doesn't necessarily mean no, you know. Actually, a lot of times silence can mean yes.”

 

“But she found a prince.”

 

“Well, you said that after the confession, the commoner started to avoid the princess so maybe the princess thought she had lost the commoner and she found comfort in the prince and fell in love with her. It's just a theory though.” Junsu shrugged, going back to his sandwich.

 

“When did you become so insightful?” Kibum asked, surprised from his friend's knowledge.

 

“You want to hear a secret?” He gestured for Kibum to come closer and the latter leaned towards him. “It's because I watch dramas too much.”

 

Kibum whacked Junsu's head.

 

 

 

“And the princess didn't know what to do so she just let it be. She and the commoner never spoke to each other again but then, a prince came along and he comforted her with his presence.” Yoona smiled at the kids.

 

“Unnie, then what happened?” One of the little girls asked.

 

“Well I haven't finished reading the book yet so I don't know.”

 

The kids complained and Yoona laughed. “Who do you want the princess to end up with?”

 

“Wouldn't it be much more romantic if the princess ended up with the commoner?” Sooyoung suggested, strolling towards them.

 

Yoona lifted her head, caught off guard by her sudden appearance.

 

“But the prince sounds like a great guy, too. So I'm a bit confused.” Sooyoung shrugged, a knowing smile imprinted on her face.

 

 

 

“When did you come?” Yoona asked, cradling her coffee in her hands.

 

“Just when you started the story.” Sooyoung said “It was really good by the way. Could you tell me the title of the book? My niece is turning 3 next month, and I think the book would be a good present for her.”

 

Yoona glared at her. “Ha. Ha. Very funny.”

 

Sooyoung laughed. “Oh relax. But... how will the story end? Are you planning on avoiding Kibum forever?”

 

Yoona sighed. “I don't know yet.”

 

 

 

 

Tiff? Are you okay?” Siwon asked, peering at her.

 

Huh? What? Oh, of course I am.” Tiffany smiled.

 

Are you sure?”

 

Sure, I'm sure.”

 

Alright then.” Siwon knew she was lying but he knew her enough to know that it was never good to force her.

 

So...” Tiffany glanced at him. “How's Yoona?”

 

She's fine.” Siwon's said. “She really wouldn't tell me anything, though.”

 

Really? And why is that?”

 

I think it's because she feels like a burden to me.”

 

Tiffany smiled. “You've always been good at reading people.”

 

Siwon laughed. “I told you, I'm special.”

 

And don't forget self-praising.” Tiffany countered, laughing along.

 

Yeah...well..” Siwon smiled.

 

Yoona's lucky.” Tiffany said.

 

What makes you say that?”

 

Well..” Tiffany looked at the ground. “There's a Choi Siwon who cares for her a lot.”

 

This Choi Siwon cares a lot about you too.”

 

Tiffany stopped walking and looked at him. “Who do you care about more?”

 

Why are you asking me that?” Siwon stopped too.

 

I just want to know.”

 

I care about you two a lot.”

 

Tiffany nodded. “I understand.” She was starting to walk again but Siwon grabbed her arm.

 

It's not like that! Yoona....I really care about her. But, just as a friend. I don't see Yoona that way.”

 

Just a friend? But you know, you two look good together.” Tiffany was obviously taken aback.”

 

You don't believe me? Then let me prove it to you. “ Siwon let go of her and held something in his pocket. “Tiffany, I've been waiting a long time for this. And I think now is the right time. You're the one for me. I just know it. What I'm trying to say is... Tiffany, would you be my girlfriend?” He pulled out a silver ring.

 

Tiffany's jaw dropped. “W-what?”

 

I know you rejected me before and said you only wanted to be friends. But if you just give me a chance, you'd see that you feel the same way too.”

 

Tiffany gaped at Siwon, still not quite believing what she had just heard. She happened to glance over his shoulder and caught a figure watching them. She stared at him and he stared back. It was Lee Donghae and the look on his face was saying that he had heard everything.

 

 

 

Kibum, can we talk?”

 

Kibum straightened up. He turned around and saw Yoona at the door.