Lee Hani

Thorn

 

 

Jiyong and I, we both had our interesting pasts when it came to the opposite gender. We both were masters of dating, but the both of us were rather clueless when we decided to go steady. The journey of being, not just a girlfriend, but a steady girlfriend of Kwon Jiyong was interesting, and magical.

 

He confessed that he had played around so much, so him being in a stable relationship with me felt like falling in love for the first time all over again. I was not his first love, neither did him, but our relationship was so much like puppy love during high school. I fell for him every day over his small actions and whispers of love, I would anticipate his call before I went to bed every night, and I even scribbled his name with mine in the middle of a gigantic heart on my freshly printed weekly report to be submitted to my boss.

‘Jiyong + Hani 4ever’.

 

We were together for the past three seasons, winter, spring and summer, and we were having dinner at his house that night. He lived alone.

“Love, move in with me.”

I was almost choked my spaghetti upon hearing his request.

“And this is not a request, nor a suggestion. This is an order.”

He was smiling at me, but in his eyes I could tell that he was nervous for my answer. I was speechless.

“Hani, you should say something, or I think I’ll die because of a heart failure.” He took my hand and put it on his chest. I could feel the rapid beating of his heart, it was so fast, it felt like his heart would jump out from his chest any second. He was very well anxious. It must be a huge deal for him to ask me moving in his bachelor pad. I was touched.

 

“Hey, who are you to give order to me? I’m the girlfriend, so you should be the one obeying my orders.” He probably too shocked with my retort, he lost his smile.

“Find me some boxes. Help me pack my things this weekend. And you’ll be the one carrying those boxes up here, do you understand Mr. Kwon?”

“Hani, is that a yes?” His eyes lighted up, his smile reached his ears.

“Yes, I’m moving in.” He almost knocked the table over in his attempt to give me the tightest hug ever.

“Hey, watch it. I’m not going to clean up the mess if we get the sauce all over your carpet!” I managed to muffle under his embrace.

“Jeez, you’re nagging already? And it’s not my carpet anymore, it’s our carpet, Love.”

I loved the sound of it. Our carpet.