Choi Seunghyun

Thorn

 

 

Hani was supposed to call me after Jiyong left for work. I would go to fetch her up, and we would be on our way for our loving time together. I finally got to spend the night together with Hani – wait a minute, it wasn’t just a night, it would be two nights! – and oh, you couldn’t imagine how excited I was right now. My heart was jumping like crazy and I felt like dancing even though there was no music playing. But it was already nine o’clock, and I didn’t hear anything from Hani yet. Where was she?

 

Patience, Seunghyun. She might have to do some more packing, or maybe my diligent Hani had some cleaning to do. I gave her until 9.30, if she didn’t call me by then, I would go straight up to her house.

 

She finally called me at 9.18 am.

“Hey, what took you so long? I thought Jiyong was supposed to leave at 8.”

“Sorry Seunghyun, I had some cleaning to do.” I figured that out, wasn’t I?

“Are you all set? Should I come and get you now?”

“Ah, okay, you may come, but I’ll be waiting at the bus stand near the apartment. “

 “I can pick you up at your apartment, you know?” Why would she want to walk all the way to the bus stand when I can pick her up directly at her front door?

“I said I will meet you up at the bus stand. I’ll see you later.”

And she hung up.

 

It didn’t matter where I picked her up, as long as we were going to be together, right?