CHAPTER 9- The beginning of a dream

YOU'RE MY SUPERSTAR [HIATUS MODE]

 

     It was yet an ordinary day for Jieun which she didn’t expect to turn out as a remarkable experience.

     She accompanied her friend Eunjung in buying some grocery items in the supermarket.

     When they finished shopping, Eunjung remembered that she needed to deposit money to her mother that’s why she decided to leave the shopping bags to Jieun and went to a nearby bank.

    “I’ll be back in a few minutes, just wait here.” Eunjung said.

    “Don’t worry. I’ll still be here when you come back, or else I’ll be taking these heavy bags all by myself.” she chuckled.

    After several minutes, Jieun got bored and she noticed that there was a sales man who promotes his microphone installed with a portable videoke/sing-along device by inviting everyone to sing their favorite songs in it.

    “Excuse me, Ajhussi, can I try just once?” she excitedly grabbed the microphone.

    “Sure, let’s give it up for this brave young miss…” he announced as he pressed the button with Jieun’s requested song.

   

Taeyeon - Can You Hear Me

IU cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIVTfyLGAQo&feature=related

Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QViVAmFyDU


Even though it hurts but a little, tears form
My heart screams out
If I pass in front of you, beside you
You were my whole world
I want only you
But I can't breathe when I'm in front of you

As if you weren't my destiny
As if this was just a fleeting moment
Next to you, who just let me go so easily
I go closer to you step by step
Although I cannot move at all

You make me restless, you make me cry
Like a fool, like a child
I want to just laugh it off instead

The closer I get to you
Although I get more scared
I guess I cannot stop this love

Why is it just my love that is late
Why is it just my love that is hard
Although I'm right in front of you, although I'm right beside you
You were my whole world
I see only you
But when I'm in front of you, I always look away

As if you were my very last
As if it were my very last moment
Next to you, who just let me go so easily
I go closer to you again step by step
Although I cannot move at all

You make me restless, you make me cry
Like a fool, like a child
I want to just laugh it off instead
The closer I get to you
Although I get more scared
I guess I cannot stop this love

If even from a long distance
I could look upon you
That's what you call love

If perhaps this yearning, this longing
When it sounds, when it touches
Please just act like you didn't know
Although the closer I get to you, the more scared I get
I guess I cannot stop this love

 

     The crowd suddenly stopped roaming around and listened to her sweet voice. Some of them even took videos with their cameras and cell phones.

     Jieun didn’t notice how huge her audience was, not until she finished the song and everybody around her gave her a round of applause. Well of course, it’s her Idol Taeyeon’s winning song that’s why she could sing it wholeheartedly. But what surprised her is the abundant appreciation she got from the audience just like how everyone clapped for her during the competition.

     When Eunjung came back, she was surprised to see lots of people surrounding her friend “What’s going on here?” Then she inserted into the crowd, grabbed Jieun’s arms and pulled her off the swarm of people.

     “MOREEEEEEE!!” they requested.

     “I’m sorry, but we need to go!” Jieun bowed down at them before leaving.

 

      After several weeks, an anonymous blogger placed a video in a networking site about a girl who sang in the department store, with the title, “THE RANDOM GIRL”. It ranked first as the most watched video for 3 consecutive weeks, that even artists were curious to who she really is.

     There were comments like:

“I saw her sing, her voice was really great!”

“She was charming and her voice captivated my ears”

“I thought she was a real singer, with that voice…she could

drive her way to stardom!”

“I’m speechless. By the way, I’m a fan!”

 

     One morning, on Jieun’s way to school, a middle aged woman approached her and suddenly grabbed her wrist and said, “Do you want to know your future?”

     Jieun got curious and asked, “W-wait…I’m scared, but is this for free? Please tell me about my future.”

     The woman looked into the palm of her hands and said, “I can see dazzling lights around you, you can shine as bright as the stars!”

     “R-really? Me? Star? I think you’re kidding me!” she chuckled.

     Then the woman whispered something on her ears, “Be careful with your heart, two bees will linger unto one flower but be wise in choosing. Listen to your heart.”

     Jieun confusedly blinked, “Bees? Flower? I can’t understand…What do you-“

     But before she finished asking, a bunch of white uniformed men captured the strange lady and explained everything to her. “We would like to apologize if this mentally challenged lady did any harm to you. She escaped from the Mental Hospital a while ago, we’re glad you found her. Thank you so much” Then, they left her with a puzzled face.

     “AISHHHH! This is insane! For a second, I thought that was real! Pabo-ya!” she hit her head several times in dismay.

      When she reached their classroom, she noticed that her classmates were busy watching the “RANDOM GIRL” in the video.

     “Who’s that random girl? Everybody’s crazy about her singing style and they were comparing her voice to Taeyeon.” one of her classmates said.

     Jieun heard this and mockingly commented with her hands on her waist, “I’m telling you this, nobody could ever match Taeyeon’s voice!”

     Eunjung approached her and said, “Well, except for this random girl who I think is bored after I left her.”

     Jieun snatched her ipad and took a glance at the most talked about video.

     “Is this…by any chance, ME?” she asked herself in denial.

    

     Upon returning home from school, Jieun passed by a bookstore where she saw Taeyeon as the cover girl for ELLE magazine. She hurriedly bought the latest issue and rushed outside the store.

     When she was about to cross the street, she opened the magazine and looked at how gorgeous her idol is.

     “Oh, look at my beautiful goddess…she’s really majestic here, here, and here!”

     Jieun didn’t notice that suddenly, a car came rushing through the street.

     “I need to take pictures of this and update my- “

     At a blink of an eye, the car accidentally hit Jieun.

     The crowd gathered around her, and the one who hit her came rushing to wake her up.

     “Miss, miss…hey, are you ok?”

     “T-Tae….yeon…”

     And she lost her consciousness.