CHAPTER 7- This is the moment

YOU'RE MY SUPERSTAR [HIATUS MODE]

 

     At the back stage, Jieun tried her best to hold her tears and control her eyes from crying, but she was in vain. Her tears poured like dripping water from the faucet.

     She was trying to think of positive ideas while wiping away all her tears before stepping up on the stage.

     A whistling guy passed by her and saw her swelling eyes. It was the car owner she met earlier.

    “Omo! Did you just cry?”

    “N-No! I-I was just removing a speck of dust on my eyes!” she said.

    His eyes rolled. “Duh! Why do girls always have to use the same lines again and again?” he muttered.

    He showed his huge smile and cheered her, “Don’t be nervous! You can do it!”

    “Thanks for cheering me up”, she tried to smile for a bit.

 

     At last, the moment Jieun has been waiting for is finally here.

     “Here is our last contestant. She is from the Music Department, a freshman student…Ms. Lee Jieun.”

     Jieun got into the stage, trembling from nervousness. She was mesmerized by the dazzling lights around her. All eyes were focused at her, which made her fret from anxiety even more.

     She observed the audience from the back to the front, and she noticed how much everyone anticipates her performance. However, she saw a familiar face within the judges’ line- it was the strange car owner who also cheered for her a while ago, Lee Sungyeol.

     “H-He’s a judge? Oh my God! I’m so dead! It’s so embarrassing”, she thought to herself.

     Jieun breathe deeply and sighed. Her heart beats fast. “What should I do?”

     She walked slowly into the center and swallowed hard.

     Jieun grabbed the microphone and announced, “Uhmm…first of all, I just want to ask for your considerations because my pianist cannot accompany me today. I didn’t intend this to happen, but she unfortunately got sick last night and needed to be confined in the hospital. So, I’m really, really sorry.”

     One of the judges seems disappointed “Contestant No. 10, don’t you have any pianist? How can we know the tune of the entire song? You are disqualified.”

     But Sungyeol protested, “That would be unfair ma’am…why not allow her to ask her schoolmates if they would want to help her? I’m pretty sure she worked hard for it.” Then he mischievously winked at Jieun.

     The panel of judges briefly discussed the idea and came up with a decision.

     “We will give 10 seconds to ask who would like to join you on stage and volunteer as your pianist.”

     “10…”

     “9…”

     Still no response from the audience.

     “8…”

     “7…”

     Who would want to help her?

     “6…”

     “5…”

     “4…3…2…”

     “1…”

     Jieun didn’t know what to say…she didn’t know what to do. All she knew is that she wanted to burst into tears; she worked so hard for the song.

     “Will I not be able to sing?” She thought.

     Then out of the blue, from the crowd…a guy’s voice was heard.

     He shouted, “I volunteer to be her pianist!”

     Jieun was surprised to see him once again.

     All she could ever utter is, “W-Why?”

     Myungsoo hurriedly went upstage and asked her to give him the music sheets.

     “Woah- such a lucky girl! I would love to have Myungsoo oppa play piano for me too!” a random girl exclaimed.

     “Did they know each other?”

     “Are they dating?”

     Myungsoo is known as an aloof type of person, the nerd student assistant librarian who is also popular with the higher years because of his outstanding musical ability.

     Jieun confusingly asked, “W-Why are you doing this? Thank you so much!”

     “Don’t thank me yet, just sing my song properly.” he arrogantly answered.

     She secretly smiled and felt relieved.

     Myungsoo started playing the piano.

     Jieun looked at him and thought, “You’re my angel in disguise. Thank you so much!”

     She closed her eyes while feeling the rhythm.

     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-6StXKEzzw

 

Good day

Why is the sky so much more blue?
Why is the breeze so perfect today?
Pretending like I don't know
Like I didn't hear a thing, like I erased it
Should we start talking about something else?
Should we kiss so we can't say anything?

My eyes fill with tears, so I lift my head up
I smile a little so they won't fall
Why are you like this to me, what are you saying?
All the things we talked about go to the sky
The words I have never said 
The words I didn't know I'd say as I cried
I like you, oppa, what do I do?

Was my recent hairstyle change bad?
Did I wear the wrong clothes?
Still pretending like I don't know
Like I don't remember
Should I act as if nothing happened?
Should I just say that we should go out?

My eyes fill with tears, so I lift my head up
I smile a little so they won't fall
Why are you like this to me, what are you saying?
All the things we talked about go to the sky
The words I have never said 
The words I didn't know I'd say as I cried
I like you, oppa, what do I do?

Don't say those kind of sad things
While looking at me like this
Is it that I'm childish or a bit slow?
I can't believe it

 

 

     “She’s good!” Sungyeol remarked.

     “That’s my friend! Jieunnniiieee! Saranghae!” Eunjung cheered out loud.

    

     Even though I'm crying, I smile
I block your way and I just smile widely
Why am I being like this, do I not have any shame?
I fold my pride up neatly and throw it up to the sky
The words I have never said
The words I might never be able to say again
I like you, oppa, aigoo, one, two
I'm in my dream

(It's too beautiful, beautiful day)
(Make it a good day)
(Just don't make me cry)

Such a good day

 

     At the last part, Jieun raised her pitch and allowed her voice to freely conquer the entire hall.

     Myungsoo noticed the sudden change of pitch and stared at her amazed.

    

     After the last note, Sungyeol stood up and gave her a round of applause, and then the audience followed, giving the performance a standing ovation.

     Now, it’s time for the judges to express their opinion about the performance.

    

Judge 1: “It was such a refreshing song! I would love to listen to it again and again. Good job!”

Judge 2: “Oh my God, I thought you won’t be able to pull it off because of several delays. It would be so unfortunate not to hear such a great masterpiece.”

Sungyeol: “I was so captivated by the notes and also impressed by the voice of Ms. Lee Jieun. I know you’ll go a long way as a singer someday. Good luck! I hope to see you soon in the music industry.”

 

     Meanwhile, at the back stage, Taeyeon finally arrived late at the venue.

     “Tae, why are you so late?” Sungyeol asked.

     “Sungyeol-ah, what happened? Is it already over? I’m sorry I had lots of important appointments earlier, I’m so sorry”, she reasoned out.

     Sungyeol’s brow furrowed, “But you should have prioritized activities which were planned earlier.”

     “Hey, it’s alright. Calm down, I’m already here. It’s all that matters. Isn’t it quite heroic that I came here for my childish student fans besides my hectic schedule?” she sarcastically remarked.

     Sungyeol gave her a deadly stare.

     Taeyeon noticed his frustration, “What? Stop having those temper tantrums. Now give me the list of winners and I’ll announce them immediately.”

     She pinched his cheeks and chuckled, “Stop doing that, you look more handsome when you’re angry.”

    

    Taeyeon glamorously walked upstage and waved at her fans. Then she announced the winners one by one.

    

     “3rd place goes to…Contestant # 5, Park Jiyeon”

     “2nd place goes to…Contestant # 3, Kang Minyoung”

     “And the first place, to be awarded with a lunchdate with me is…Contestant number....”

    

     Will Jieun’s dream finally come true with her Idol?

 

--Finally, I've returned from our Christmas vacation. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! I'm so happy to see new subscribers here *HUGS* I'll release the next chapters soon (this week). Thank you so much for reading!! <3