CHAPTER 13- The beat of inspirations

YOU'RE MY SUPERSTAR [HIATUS MODE]

 

     “Didn’t you understand what I said earlier? Are you deaf or just stupid? Go away from me!”

     “I don’t want to see you face...ever again!”

     Jieun felt Myungsoo’s anger and hopelessly shouted, “Please...P-Please listen to me even for a minute! I know your parents won’t be glad seeing you hide your precious talent. Share it with everyone, share it with me...Help me, and I will help you!”

     Then she left, disappointed with herself.

     Myungsoo was pissed off with Jieun’s words.

     “How dare you say that to me? You don’t know how it is living each day without any purpose, living alone without your parents! Who are you to tell me what I should do?” he thought.

     His aunt approached him, and gave him a tender hug.

     “It’s alright, cry as much as you want darling. I know how you feel. But I also think that your parents won’t be happy seeing you live like this throwing away the opportunity to create the music you used to love. “, she said.

     Myungsoo cried like a baby. He was sobbing endlessly until he realized that her aunt was right.

     “Do you really think I can follow the legacy left behind by my parents?” he asked with a blunt face.

     His aunt explained, “I guess that girl is an angel brought by your parents to make your dreams come true. Follow their legacy like how they wanted you to be. You can even clear their names and make them proud.”

     “How about giving it a try? You can quit anytime.” she suggested.

     Myungsoo hugged her tightly and smiled.

 

     The next day, despite being aware of Myungsoo’s anger, Jieun decided to once again follow him in the library.

     “You need to do this Jieun!”

     “You can do this! Fighting!”

     She tried to gain more confidence, but then her negative thoughts keeps on pestering her, “Omo! This will be the death of me! Should I still do this?”

     She planned to hide in the bookshelf, pretending to read a history book.

     Jieun continued having small glimpses of Myungsoo, just to make sure that he won’t be out of her reach.

     “Why are there lots of girls in the library? Didn’t they have classes? Aigoo! Hopeless kids nowadays!” she thought.

     She keeps on stretching, twisting and stomping her feet slowly just to ease the pain of standing for almost 5 hours.

     Of course Myungsoo would notice her.

     Who wouldn’t? She keeps on moving abnormally in the bookshelf.

     “How long will she keep on spying on me without even saying anything? How pathetic!” he secretly smirked.

     “Eottoke? My legs are going to fall soon...I think I’m going to collapse!” Jieun complained.

     “I didn’t know you loved history books. Are you planning to read the same page until I close the library?” he mockingly said.

     Jieun finally realized that Myungsoo had already noticed her presence. But she ignored him and pretended not to hear anything.

    “Until when do you want to hide from me? Show yourself, I know you’re there.”

     “...or do you want me to drag you out instead?”

     Frightened, Jieun decided to show herself and begged on her knees.

     “SORRY! I’M REALLY SORRY!  I didn’t mean to –“

     Myungsoo muttered, “3-5 songs per year would be enough, I think. Songs nowadays aren’t that competitive enough. We need more inspiration in composing great songs to make you more appealing to the public.”

     Jieun’s eyes grew big. Does this mean he is already agreeing?

     “What do you mean?” she innocently asked.

     “Dummy, are you really that slow?” Myungsoo poked her head.

     “OMO! Thank you so much! You won’t regret your decision!” she continued to bow several times.

     Myungsoo said, “But I have a condition...”

     “Anything”

     “We need to go somewhere and ask permission.”

     Jieun accompanied Myungsoo in his parents’ grave.

     “I believe you already know what happened to them, right? They died in a car accident while the paparazzi kept on chasing them. Someone accused them of doing plagiarism in their last composed song. But I swear, it was their own composition.” he narrated.

     Jieun pat his shoulders, “I know, and I believe in you. You don’t need to explain anything. But I hope you’ll be able to prepare yourself to enter the industry, which your parents used to love.”

     Myungsoo kneeled in front of the tomb and talked to his parents as if they are with him.

     “Mother, Father...how are you both doing? I know it’s been a while since I last visited. I miss both of you so much, but I need to be strong.”

     “By the way, here’s someone I want to introduce to the both of you. She kept on pestering me about the thought of trying to become her composer.” he ordered Jieun to come closer.

     “Annyeong Haseyo! I’m Lee Jieun. I discovered your son’s talent few months ago that’s why I decided to convince him for this once in a lifetime chance to compose songs. I would like to ask permission from the both of you...don’t worry, I will take care of him. Please guide us always. Thank you so much.” Jieun happily bowed at the grave.

     Myungsoo and Jieun kept on teasing each other.

     “I hope you’ll both haunt her forever if ever she’ll do anything wrong to me.”

     “What are you talking about? I won’t harass you or anything! Look at yourself! Aisshhh!”

     “I’m just assuring them that everything will be fine...you look like someone who’ll do nasty things.”

     After several minutes, Myungsoo suddenly thought of asking Jieun, “What are your real reasons why you wanted to become a singer? Don’t you like to live a simple and carefree life?”

     “You know what, ever since I was young, I was all alone. I never met my parents and I grew in an orphanage. My life seems so dull, and so am I. My body is weak, I would always be restricted to run and mess around with other kids. All my life, I’m just contented seeing everyone have fun, except for me...”

     “One day, while watching the television...I saw Taeyeon. She was the person who motivated me to live a normal life and become the best that I can be. I can remember her words, Be the best you want to become. Everything will be good as long as you do your best. Because if you do, there will be no regrets. From that day on, I tried my best to become somebody who I want to become. I got my scholarship and was given the chance to major in practical music.

     “Taeyeon...she was my inspiration. I wanted to share the same stage with her. I know, my reason isn’t that great. But who could judge me? Every person has their own secret desires of the heart. And I desire to perform with Taeyeon someday, as an artist too.” Jieun was teary eyed after revealing everything to him.

     “You sure know how to move someone’s heart. Don’t cry, at least I know why you wanted to do this.” he smiled at her.

      Afterwards, Myungsoo bid farewell to his parents, “We need to go back now. Omma, Appa...please guide me always. Until next time...goodbye!”

    

     Back at the studio, Jieun introduced Myungsoo to Sungyeol.

     “Oh, it’s you again! What brought you here?” Sungyeol was surprised to see him again.

     Jieun shyly whispered, “He’s the composer I wanted to offer.”

     “Really? But how will I know if he’s good? Did you bring your sample songs with you?” he smiled waiting for Myungsoo’s response.

     “Haven’t you told him yet?” Myungsoo arrogantly asked.

     Sungyeol looked confused, “T-Told me what?”

     Myungsoo laughed sarcastically.

     Jieun’s face reddened from embarrassment.

   “I was the one who composed the song for her, it’s the one she used in the songwriting contest.” he bragged.

     “B-but I thought she –“

    “I-I actually begged for him to give the song to me. Unfortunately, he gave me the song but not the notes...so I still have to manage to find out the tune myself.”Jieun defended herself.

     Sungyeol’s brows furrowed, “How- Why- I can’t figure this thing out...but why was he the one to accompany you during the competition? Something’s fishy around here!”

     Jieun flashed annoying stares at Myungsoo who held his pokerface visible.

     “It’s a long story, Mr. Lee...my pianist got sick and left me helpless at the day of the competition so- “ but before Jieun finished explaining her part, Myungsoo immediately interrupted her.

     “As a composer, of course I can’t stand her messing up my precious composition so I helped her. Would that answer satisfy you Mr. Lee?” he smirked and rolled his eyes.

   Sungyeol still couldn’t understand the weird connection. But at least, the team is complete now...the composer, singer and the producer.

     “Anyway, Whatever...this is called destiny, when all of us are called to help each other. Myungsoo, I am officially welcoming you to our team!”

     Sungyeol handed him the contract, and Myungsoo signed.

     “So, when do you guys plan to move to my house?” Sungyeol asked.

     “What do you mean?” Jieun blinked confusely.

     “It’s in the contract; we will all live in the same house so that I can manage to plan your schedules properly. Don’t worry, my beloved mother will be there to help us.” he continued.

    “I’ll be moving as soon as possible.”Jieun cheerfully remarked.

     Myungsoo muttered, “Fine. Me too.” 

 

--Have you seen the latest teaser for IU's "You're the best Lee Soon Shin"? I'm really excited for her! IU fighting!