CHAPTER 19- I can manage alone

YOU'RE MY SUPERSTAR [HIATUS MODE]


NAGGING

Stop being out so late

Try not to drink so often
You don’t listen to me like a 10 year old child

I can only laugh


Who are you calling a child?
Really, I can only laugh

You don’t know how it feels for me to say these things
You don’t know that I only want to say nice things to you
Should I stop? Let’s stop

 

From one to ten, they’re all words for you
But since you don’t listen to me, it’s only nagging to you
Let’s stop, let’s stop
There’s not even enough time to just love

 

A story told by the heart, not the mind
Stories that I can’t help but tell you even if you hate them
Let’s stop, let’s stop
I only hear your nagging

 

Are you eating at the right time
Are you staying away from girls
I want to be beside you all day
That’s how I feel


If I could keep you in my pocket
I’d be really happy

Our story where we can only be two
A story that would make someone laugh if they heard
Should I stop? Let’s stop

 

From one to ten, they’re all words for you
But since you don’t listen to me, it’s only nagging to you
Let’s stop, let’s stop
There’s not even enough time to just love

 

A story told by the heart, not the mind
Stories that I can’t help but tell you even if you hate them
Let’s stop, let’s stop
I only hear your nagging

 

Even if you glare and try to scare me
Your face is just too cute to me
Are you going to keep this up? (You) I can’t hold back anymore
I really might get angry

 

A story that wouldn’t be told if we were to give up love
The sound of my heart that thinks only of you
Even if you’re angry, even if you shout
Your nagging is just so sweet to me

 

A story that can only be told if we love
But since you don’t listen to me, it’s only nagging to you
Let’s stop, let’s stop
But trust my feelings

 

     “Wow, this is a great song”, Sungyeol praised her.

     “Really? Thanks! I just composed this last night while reading a manga.”

     “A manga? You created this song out of reading those cute cartoon strips? Wow, so talented. I’m so speechless.”

     Myungsoo gave him a curious look, it’s like he has heard that familiar line before.

     A manga, huh?

     “You hear that KIM MYUNGSOO? I can actually compose even without your help. Thanks to you and your kindness!”

     Jieun walked past him with her head held up. Then she looked at him and then rolled her eyes.

     “She’s so proud of that small achievement? Whatever!” Myungsoo tried to calm his nerves while sipping his coffee.

    

     Sungyeol asked Myungsoo to create a musical arrangement from the composed lyrics. Without any complaints he’ll do it anyway even if he’s still not in good terms with Jieun- of course, because he’s the company’s composer, right?

     After a week, he presented the song to the staffs and they agreed to proceed immediately with the recording session. We Got Married’s PD suggested that they should pair IU with a male singer so that it will be performed as a duet to make the song appear sweeter and more appealing to the public.

     “Why not choose from one of the best vocalists in 2am? They have great voices,  I think Seulong will give justice to the song. His appeal is opposite to IU’s cute charm but I think it will work just fine.”

     “So, when and where are we going to film the Music Video?” Sungyeol snapped out.

     “It will be a surprise for everyone so that it will be more interesting.”

     “PD-nim is quite mysterious, right? I just hope the location will really create an interesting atmosphere for the song.”

     

     It was quarter to four in the morning when the staffs and crews are busily preparing for the surprise travel.

     They were all boarded to a shuttle bus when the production team announced that they were all going to the beautiful island of Jeju.

     “Jeju? Oh my God! I’m sooo excited!” Jieun can’t help but scream.

     “Will you please shut up? And tone down your volume? Were all sleepy unlike you who‘ve got enough sleep last night, little consideration please?” Myungsoo scoffed.

      Jieun then smiled gently and bowed in shame.

      

     After several hours of travelling by sea and land, at last the team arrived at the location.

     “Is this were we are going to film?” Jieun asked.

     “Yes, the producer wanted an old village for the shoot so we offered this place. I think you’ll have to wear hanbok together with Seulong.”

     “Seriously? I thought were going to film it in the middle of lovely flowers and near the seashore, but why here? The house seems so old and creepy.” she sighed in disappointment.

     Sungyeol then told everybody that they need to discuss things in a meeting far from the location so some of the staffs are going with him except for Myungsoo, Jieun and the other makeup artists.

    “Why am I not included? I also want to come with you guys.”Jieun exclaimed.

     “You need to rest Jieun, please show her the room.”

     Jieun pouted in frustration. Myungsoo felt too awkward that he’ll need to be with Jieun for hours in the house.

 

     Dinner was served and afterwards, everyone started sleeping except for the two awkward friends.

     “Why are you still awake? You need to look fresh in your recording tomorrow” Myungsoo said.

     “Why are you so concerned? You’re angry with me, aren’t you?” Jieun replied.

      Myungsoo gave a lame excuse. “Because they might blame us for letting you look old tomorrow, so go inside and sleep young lady.”

     “Thanks, but no thanks! I’m actually waiting for the landlady. I’ve searched around the house but I could not find the bathroom.” she shamelessly admitted.

     Myungsoo held a chuckle. “Why not find it yourself? It’s there at the end of the dark woods. But I bet you’ll not go there because you’re afraid of ghosts hahaha.”

     “What’s so funny? I really don’t know where, but since you’ve already told me, I will go there even alone. I’m not scared, DUHHH!”

     “Ok, I’ll go back. Just don’t hesitate to scream for help if ever you’ll pass by a ghost there.” he continuously mocked at her.

      Jieun then went into the woods all by herself while murmuring, “Who did he think he is? I can manage alone very well. Ghosts are not real, anyway.”

      But a few minutes later, a loud scream was heard “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! HELPPPPPPP!”