CHAPTER 17- Increasing the tempo

YOU'RE MY SUPERSTAR [HIATUS MODE]

 

     “Good morning Jieun, time for breakfast!” Sungyeol cheerfully greeted.

     Jieun’s face blushed after seeing the person who gave her first kiss. She then stared at him blankly.

     “Are you feeling bad about yesterday? I actually can’t remember how I got home. Who took me home last night?”, Sungyeol asked.

     “She did. You can ask her how you behaved last night, maybe she’ll remember” Myungsoo interrupted them while looking so pissed off remembering how Jieun forgot about their meeting last night.

     “NOOO! You behaved just fine. Don’t worry. I’m just a bit sleepy.” she said while faking a yawn.

     “You sure look sleepy, maybe you’ve been thinking so much about what happened last night” Myungsoo thought as he rolled his eyes.

     

     After breakfast, Myungsoo approached Jieun and asked, “Don’t you have anything to say to me?”

     She looked confused and returned the question to him, “What should I say to you?”

     “N-nothing. Barely nothing much. Wow, just wow.” he scoffed and then hurriedly walked into the van.

     Jieun dug into her thoughts and then realized that she left her phone yesterday in the recording studio.

     “OMO! I needed to look for my phone…I’m such a dummy!”

 

     At school, Woohyun was continuously bothering Myungsoo with his endless questions.

 

     “YAHHHH! Why don’t you like to talk, KIM MYUNGSOO! I’ve been itching to know what happened to your date last night!” he yelled at him.

     “Hyung, please stop asking me nonsense stuffs. First of all, it is not a date. I just had to treat her since we made a deal.” Myungsoo finally answered.

     “Finally, after 24 years, I heard your voice! Is it too hard to say that? You’re stressing me out of curiosity!” he sarcastically replied.

     Then he continued, “So, who is this girl you’ve been busy thinking about lately? And what happened to your so-called treat?”

     Myungsoo disappointedly sighed, “Jieun-ah, she didn’t come last night. It was raining hard, but still I waited for 3 hours and she didn’t even texted me. Are artists supposed to be that rude? I mean, I know it’s not an important appointment but still- “

     “So you’re disappointed that she didn’t come?” Woohyun asked.

     “No, not really. I’m happy I didn’t have to watch that movie with her, it’s going to be difficult if she was seen hanging out with me anyway.” he answered.

      Woohyun saw that big disappointment in his friend’s face and then mocked at him, “Well, I can see you really felt happy, as reflected in your expressionless eyes and frowning face. YOU REALLY FELT HAPPY.”

     Just at that moment, Myungsoo asked Woohyun to tell the librarian that he’s not feeling well so he might as well go home.

 

     Meanwhile, Jieun received an email from the producers of “We got married”.

     “Hello, Miss Lee Jieun! We would like to invite you later for some snacks. Our production team would like to include you in the next season of We Got Married and would like to talk things over with you and your manager if you have free time.”

     Jieun excitedly replied, “Really? I would love to participate but it’s still the company’s last decision to be made. I’ll look at my free time and ask my manager about this. Thank you for the invitation.”

    Eunjung snatched her friend’s Ipad and peeked at the email sent to her.

    “Oh my God! We Got Married invites you? Lee Jieun, I’m so happy for you! You can date freely in that show, just like Hwang Bo, Ga In and Seohyun. That’s the show every fangirl would like to join. I’m so jealous!” she exclaimed while hitting her.

     But then, Jieun broke her excitement saying, “I just hope the company will allow me. You know, rules are rules. I can’t just participate whenever I want to.”

     Then the two just smiled then frowned, smiled and frowned, smiled and laughed like crazy fangirls.

 

     While walking down the hallway, Jieun met a bunch of fangirls who took pictures of her with them.

     “I can’t believe IU is studying here in our school. She’s so pretty in person.”

     “And I can’t stop looking at her for real, she’s like a doll.”

     “You are so kind, thank you so much!”

     Jieun then bowed 90 degrees to them after that. “Even I can’t also believe that I’m a bit popular now. I can remember how much of a fangirl I used to be. I miss Taeyeon unnie.“

     Then, she continued walking until she saw Woohyun, and decided to greet him.

     “Oh, Woohyun, Hello! Long time no see!”

     He looked at her with his furious eyes then looked away.

     “What’s wrong with him? Maybe he didn’t saw me.” she just thought positively.

     Afterwards, Woohyun turned back and then thought of approaching Jieun to ask her why she did that to his friend.

     He searched for Jieun in her classroom.

     “Woohyun, what are you doing here? Why were you searching for me?”

     His face suddenly became serious. “What should I call you? Jieun or IU? I just want to talk to you inside the library. I just want to confirm something.”

     They both went inside the room near the library where no one can see them.

     “What is it that you want to ask that needed to be disclosed here in a closed area like this?” she asked.

      “You know what, every person has emotions.”

      “I know that. So?”

      “You seem like a kind and loving girl just like how you built your image, but behind that mask lies a pretending monster.”

      “What are you talking about?”

      “Not just because you are popular that means you can play around someone’s feelings.”

      “Can you please talk directly? I’m a bit confused. Stop blabbering nonsense! It’s not funny!”

      “But my fighting for my friend isn’t nonsense stuff. I know Myungsoo well and I hate the fact that you just don’t care about him.”

     “M-Myungsoo? What have I done to him? I didn’t- “

     “Of course you’ll deny about it! Wow, I can’t believe you’ve adapted easily how artists pretend in variety shows! You’ve got a great trainer!”

     “If only you can let me tell me everything, I might probably understand and answer you well.”

     “You didn’t come…that’s the point, you didn’t come and you didn’t even texted or called him that you can’t come with him. You made a fool out of my friend who knows nothing about meeting a girl! Now tell me the lamest excuse you could ever give.”

      “Come? Why will I? I didn’t remember meeting him. What are you talking about? And also, I lost my phone yesterday that’s why I got so stressed bringing my manager home.”

     “You don’t remember? And you lost your phone? Oh, come on! You can make a lot better excuse than that!”

     “But it really is the truth! I’m not lying! You can think anything you want but what I’m saying is true. And why will Myungsoo meet me?”

     “Because you both had a deal! He told me that he waited for 3 long hours after you made a deal with him that he will treat you after winning. Don’t you remember that? Where is your brain?”

     Jieun bit her lips as she suddenly remembered something.

    “DEAL? TREAT? Oh, right! We had a deal! But he told me that he’ll text me later the venue and time. Oh, crap! I forgot my phone, maybe he texted me yesterday and I haven’t read that yet- “

     “See? I told you. You are heartless, mindless and soulless. How dare you do that to my beloved Myungsoo?”

     “No, I’m not. This is a misunderstanding, and I need to apologize to Myungsoo right now. Aigoo! Where is he?”

     “He just left, he’s not feeling well. And I think it’s your lame fault.”

      She then left Woohyun and searched for Myungsoo outside the school.

     

     Fortunately, she saw Myungsoo slowly walking towards the van and she yelled out his name but he didn’t looked back.

     “Maybe he’s really angry with me.” she felt frustrated with herself then followed him while he went inside the van.

      Jieun then hid behind the bushes and waited for several minutes to think what she should say to him.

     “Myungsoo-ah, I’m so sorry. I didn’t receive your call”

     Then she scratched her head and rehearsed again.

     “No…I mean, I didn’t have my phone yesterday…and I- I’m sorry…I’m so stupid, please forgive me!”

     “It’s so disappointing, and I know how angry you are b-but- GAHHH! I just keep on stuttering! I better approach him!“

      Afterwards, she noticed that the driver still hasn’t come. So she checked out on what Myungsoo was doing inside.

     When she gently opened the door, she found him fast asleep.

     “Myungsoo-ya! Myungsoo-ya!” she whispered to him but he still didn’t respond to her.

     “How can you sleep here alone? This is not your home, pabo!”

     She then sit beside him and watched him sleep peacefully while indirectly apologizing to him.

     “YAH, Myungsoo…I’m sorry, you hear that? I lost my phone so- “ Jieun then realized that it was worthless talking to a sleeping person. She then continued, “Don’t worry, I’ll make it up for you, okay?”

     Jieun then looked at him while sleeping soundly. She can’t help but notice his flawless skin, perfect nose, beautiful lashes and his handsome face. She saw a cut in his lips that she bent downwards toward his face to see it.

     All of a sudden, Myungsoo’s head falls and lands straight to Jieun’s.

     Their lips meet and Jieun’s eyes grow big.

     “What the- I’m going crazy…First Sungyeol, now Myungsoo? What were you thinking, stupid girl?” she thought while looking so flustered.

     “This is your fault!” she yelled at him then shook him a bit to express her feelings.

      But as she shook Myungsoo, his head fell down her shoulders and continued sleeping.

      Then she touched his forehead and said, “Yah, Myungsoo…why are you so hot? I mean, are you sick?”

 

-How are you all lovely people? I've been itching to post this chapter few weeks ago but I've been away from my laptop and I'm sooooo frustrated about this =_= What can you say with our Myungu moment here? I hope I can continue this fic with all my strength *sigh*...yes, I will because I love this story ^__^