CHAPTER 12- Dissonance

YOU'RE MY SUPERSTAR [HIATUS MODE]

  [credits to the gif owner]

    “PLEASE!!!”

     “No! I won’t do it! Never!”

     “But, this is my only chance!”

     “Just find someone else!”

     Jieun find it hard to convince Myungsoo to compose songs for her. She actually expected this to happen, but for the sake of her dream she’ll risk even her shame just to let him agree with the idea of being her composer.

      Every day she would follow him like a stalker, assist him in the library, consistently staying by his side and continuously pleading for him to listen to her for even a minute.

     “What should I do to make you agree?” she desperately asked.

     “Uhh...nothing much”, he arrogantly replied.

     “Please, just this once!”

     Myungsoo felt so much annoyed “I’ve already had enough of you!”

     “But...but...” Jieun tried to squeeze her mind, but what more can she say? She ran out of excuses.

     Within Myungsoo’s cynical thoughts, he was waiting for a more moving excuse from her this time.

     Hopeless, Jieun just basically uttered anything could say, “I just want to sing!”

     “But you can sing without me...”

     “But your songs...”

     “Enough. Stop roaming around the library. I don’t want people to misinterpret things. Please…just stop following me like a stalker!” Myungsoo furiously said while giving her his deadly stare.

     Jieun walked out of the library and sadly followed his instructions. She then thought of asking Woohyun’s advice on how she can make Myungsoo agree.

     “This is his address. You can go directly to his house and try to convince him again.” Woohyun handed out to her a small piece of paper.

     “Thank you so much!” she cheerfully bid goodbye.

     “Poor girl! She’s so brave but there’s no way she can make him agree. All she needs is indeed tons of miracles!”, he muttered.

     Following Woohyun’s advice, Jieun went to Myungsoo’s house.

     She pressed the doorbell.

     A middle aged lady came out of the gate and approached her.

     “Hello, Good afternoon! I’m Lee Jieun. I just want to ask if this is where Kim Myungsoo lives?”

     “Yes. Hello there young lady, I’m Myungsoo’s aunt. What do you need from him?”

     “Actually, I’ll be thick skinned and directly ask for your help ma’am!”

     The lady invited Jieun to enter the house and they discussed her concerns inside.

     She sighed and said, “I wanted to help you, but there’s nothing I can do to control Myungsoo’s decisions.” 

     “You will understand his hesitations once you heard what happened to his parents.  Our Myungsoo’s a very cheerful child before, not until a tragic experience changed his entire personality...”

     “His parents died in an accident, on his birthday, when he was still very young.” she continued.

     Without them knowing, Myungsoo was standing right behind the door hearing every single word as each memory from the past vividly flashed in his mind.

     It was a gloomy day, several black umbrellas congested the area amidst the bad weather. One by one, the huge crowd dispersed upon finishing the funeral ceremony of two prominent composers in the music industry.

     Engraved in the tombstone:

    

In loving memory of Kim Moon Jae and Park Chae Soo

March 13, 1998

 

     A child with a black ribbon tied on his arm was standing near the grave.

     People around him were whispering almost the same thoughts.

     “Poor child, he’s too young to lose his parents. I bet he’ll be talented just like his parents. It’s just so sad and frustrating that they left him early just because of that stupid plagiarism issue. Those paparazzi are just so rude, they should be the ones to be blamed for the incident.”

 

     It seems like the child didn’t want to leave his parents’ grave. His tears fall down like raindrops from his eyes. At that moment, he could not think of anything but his fear of being alone.

     His aunt suddenly grabbed his arms and sent him away from his parents.

     From that day on, he never played his piano again.

     He would frequently cry without any reasons. For several years, he remained isolated unlike other normal kids.

     After 5 years, he decided to enter his parents’ room for the first time after their death.

     He could still imagine himself lying in his mother’s lap while she was caressing his hair, whereas his father is playing their favourite song in the piano.

     The teenager Myungsoo slowly walked towards the piano. He can still feel the warmth and love he missed after all those years. He felt like crying when all of a sudden, a white envelope fell from the piano upon opening its cover.

 

To our Myungsoo:

 

It’s your birthday today, right?

I hope you’ll enjoy this day. Smile our handsome angel!

We prepared a special gift just for you. It’s actually nothing special.

Enclosed with this letter are two music sheets,

a song composed especially for you.

We hope you’ll love it. We love you so much! Take care, our baby!

 

-Mommy and Daddy

 

     He fell on his knees crying. He missed his parents so much, God knows how much he wanted to see them.

     “Omma, Appa...thank you so much! I’ll forever treasure this gift!” he said while tightly cuddling the music sheets in his chest.

 

     Myungsoo’s aunt wiped tears on her eyes after narrating about his nephew’s sad experience.

     “Nobody knows what miracle happened that day after he entered his parents’ room. He actually didn’t tell me what he saw there. He suddenly went back to his normal self, though still not that expressive, but he could at least smile.

     Jieun felt guilty upon hearing what Myungsoo has gone through. Her mind yells that she should stop convincing him, but her heart shouts that she should never give up with her fighting spirit.

     Suddenly, Myungsoo entered and slammed the door.

     “Myungsoo, did you just arrived?” his aunt asked.

     Myungsoo felt furious. You shouldn’t be in here, how dare you meddle with other people’s life?

     He hurriedly walked towards Jieun, grabbed her arms tightly and dragged her out of the house.

     “Didn’t you understand what I said earlier? Are you deaf or just stupid? Go away from me!”

     “I don’t want to see you face...ever again!”

 

--Hello guys! I know you're all tired of seeing my "Sorry for the late post" comments xD *bangs head* Thank you for supporting and reading the story! I love you all! <3 (It's actually my birthday today so I'll be posting the next chapter later ^__^)