CHAPTER 18- Nagging

YOU'RE MY SUPERSTAR [HIATUS MODE]

     

    “What should I do?” Jieun felt like she completely lost her mind after what happened.

     Then she thought of an idea and left Myungsoo in the van.

     After a few minutes, she got back and brought with her a small bag. She then brought out a needle and a thread from the sewing kit she borrowed from Eunjung.

     “What do they call this thing? Ack-Ack- A-acupuncture! Yes, I’ll be doing acupuncture!”

     Then she returned to Myungsoo who was laid to rest inside the van. She held his hands and tied a thread around one of his fingers. Then, when she was about to prick his finger, Myungsoo suddenly woke up.

     “YAHHHH! WHAT DO YOU ARE YOU DOING?!” he yelled at her.

     “SHHH!! I’m going to prick your finger and let the bad blood be released from your veins! Let me have your hand!” she insisted.

     “Whaaaat?! Stop it! You don’t know what you are doing! Stupid girl! AISHHHHH!” then Myungsoo suddenly felt headache and tightly held his head.

     “You look so pale” Jieun sound so concerned.

     “I feel so bad, and it’s your fault! So, don’t touch me!”

     To lessen Myungsoo’s pain, Jieun sadly went out of the car and left him alone. “How can I say that I didn’t mean to hurt him? He’s always furious towards me.”

     Back to the studio, the company decided not to allow Jieun to participate in the reality show, “We Got Married”.  Jieun received the news and she felt so disappointed with the decision.

     Sungyeol approached her and explained that she is too fresh and young to join the show, they wouldn’t want to let her be popular just because of scandals from relationships. However, the show changed their plan and gave her the chance to make an OST song for the show.

     The producer came towards her and said, “Ms. Lee Jieun, I’m so frustrated that you are not going to participate in our show but I’m happy to tell you that in exchange with the rejected offer, creating an OST for the show will give you an assurance that we will support you for your upcoming comeback album.”

     “Really? Thank you so much for the offer. I will do my best and create a great song for the show!” she cheerfully replied.

     Then afterwards, she realized how difficult the offer is to her. “Wait, should I be the one to compose the song? I don’t even know how to- GAHHHHHH!!”

     She begged Myungsoo again and again but he declined to compose for her.

     “Don’t worry, you’ll be able to do that even without my help, wonder girl!” he mocked at her every time.

     Jieun didn’t know how to release her disappointment in Myungsoo’s manners so she thought of texting him:

     “For me, you look so ugly! I hate you soooo much! My hatred to you is in the 11th power! I wonder why your face is so opposite to your attitude…your attitude and I don’t want to see your face ever again!”

     Then she mindlessly pressed the sent button on the screen and momentarily felt happiness. But then, she suddenly realized what ridiculous thing she had done. “Omo! Stupid girl! Stupid!! What should I do? I hope he hasn’t read it yet.”

     She then rushed to climb upstairs and saw Myungsoo holding his phone in the alley.

     She ran towards him and as soon as his ringtone was heard, she snatched the phone away from him.

     Myungsoo got furious and asked, “What the hell are you doing?”

     “Don’t read the message, I sent you a wrong one…it is not for you. Please let me delete it.” she begged.

     “Give me back my phone!”

     “How can I open this? Why is there a password?”  

     Then Myungsoo grabbed his phone back and told her, “Don’t worry, I won’t read it.”

     “Really? That’s good then, I’ll get going” she then bid goodbye after releasing a sigh of relief.

     But to her disbelief, Myungsoo read the text message loud and clear for her to know.

     Her eyes grew big and she felt so embarrassed. Well, she was the one who mindlessly sent it anyway.

     “Seems like the message isn’t really for me, right? You don’t want to see me? Bear it! I’m enduring it too! It’s not like I wanted to see you every day.” then he ended up the conversation with a sarcastic smile.

    

    Back to the studio, Jieun and Myungsoo were recording a song for her CF (Commercial Film). Jieun tried not to be bothered by Myungsoo’s continuous nagging.

    “Your voice isn’t that good, are you not feeling well? AGAIN!”

    “You sound like an expressionless cat, what’s wrong with you? AGAIN!”

    “Why are you all being so patient with this not so talentless random girl? She’s not that great!”

     She then stood up and walked out of the place to have some fresh air.

    “I’m not doing anything wrong. He’s always mad at me. How can I possibly compose a love song when all I can think of is his nagging all day long? AISHHHHH!”

     Then, she remembered what their professor taught them today.

     “To compose a wonderful music, think of someone you can remember…someone who can unleash you inner feelings of happiness, love, anger and pain. Who said that love songs are only about lovey doveys in the park? It can also come from the heart of a hopeless romantic girl who experienced an unexpected pounding of her heart, from anger which can be interpreted as love, from a nobody who managed to hide his/her feelings. Find your inspiration and transform it to music!”

     “It sure sounds so easy if only I was born as a natural composer”.

     She gently closed her eyes in frustration then quickly opened it again as she suddenly though of a brilliant idea.

     “Nagging. That’s right! I will compose a song related to nagging. Thanks Myungsoo, you always save me unintentionally.”