CHAPTER 4- Anxious heart

YOU'RE MY SUPERSTAR [HIATUS MODE]

 

 

     “If I could still remember, the note should be G# or E...AISSSSHHHH!!”

 

     “I don’t know how…”

 

     “What should I do?”

 

     “He gave me the lyrics but not the piano sheet…Crap! How am I supposed to guess the notes then? Do I look like I’m a music genius? THIS IS INSANEEEEEE!!”

 

      Jieun continuously grumbled while strumming her guitar.

     “Good thing, I took a video of Mr. Music man while he was playing the piano! Hmmmpp!”

     She stopped strumming for a moment and took her wallet out of her bag. Then, she looked at her Idol’s picture on her wallet and encouraged herself eagerly.

     “This is for my Idol Taeyeon! I should make her proud of me! She’s my inspiration! I will win this! FIGHTING!”

     She didn’t notice that Myungsoo was watching her from the door in the deck floor of the school building.

     “She still couldn’t figure it out? Such a pathetic girl, She’s calling herself a music major and she’s like this? What a disgrace!” Myungsoo rolled his eyes and sighed.

    

     Meanwhile, Taeyeon complains to Sungyeol about the upcoming Campus Tour.

     “Seriously, AM I A CHEAP ROOKIE? Why do I even need to go on universities? I don’t want to do it!”, she muttered.

     Sungyeol tried to calm her down by her shoulders.

     “But honey, the posters and promotions were already out. It would not be good if we turn this one down. And besides, remember that most of your fans are students who spend their allowances just to buy your albums and concert tickets.”

     “But I don’t want to stoop down to their level, I want an Asian or rather, World Tour! I don’t care!” she stubbornly said.

     “Listen to me…that would be too risky for your career. Many groups tried their luck outside Korea and when they came back, they aren’t as popular as what they were before.” he explained, and added, “We must first continue establishing a strong foundation for your career here. Don’t worry, we’ll get to your plans soon.”

     Taeyeon sighed and fake a smile, “I’ll be patiently waiting. I trust you.”

    

     At school, Jieun got an idea.

     “Maybe, I need to seek help from a more experienced senior pianist.”

     She posted on her Cyworld, “Needs a pianist”

     Immediately, someone replied to her and promised to help her create the music sheet.

     “Thank you for helping me! It’s really so hard to guess these notes.”

    

     Every day, Jieun would check if her pianist has already finished writing the music sheet for her and then she practices singing to make sure that she won’t mess around during the competition.

    

     After 3 weeks, she already figured out the correct musical arrangement of the song. But without her knowing, Myungsoo observes the improvement in his song.

     “That’s nice, but not as great as the original one.” He chuckled.

    

     “Mr. Music Man, I hope you could see me right now. Listen, you left me miserable but I never surrendered! If ever I’m going to see you again, I’ll confidently tell you that I have figured out the notes without your help!” Jieun was talking to her reflection on the mirror.

     Eunjung hit her head and said, “Are you going crazy nowadays because of the song writing contest? You even talk much in front of mirror. One advise, just stay cool and chill!”

     “Ouch! YAAA- Jungieeee!! That hurts! I just can’t control my anger towards that guy….I thought he was cool, and perfect and nice. But, those were just mere assumptions, bleh!” Jieun rolled her eyes.

     “P-perfect? You just said you thought he’s perfect…hmmmm, is he cute? Handsome? What do you think?”, Eunjung excitedly asked.

     “I told you I just thought that way, but…yeah, he’s handsome.” She replied while childishly blowing her bangs upward.

 

     Finally, Jieun submitted her name as a participant on the contest. The countdown towards the competition draws near.

   “Am I ready?”

  “Yes, I am!”

    

     Will everything go smoothly for Jieun?

 

--Hello guys! This chapter is just a short one, since I barely thought of placing some scenes together in the next chapters. (just to compensate with the delay of the previous one XD) Mianhae! XD Thank you for reading *throws hearts*