CHAPTER 3- The beginning of a symphony

YOU'RE MY SUPERSTAR [HIATUS MODE]

 

     Jieun trailed the sweet melody and later realized that she was about to enter a music store.

     “House of Symphony”, she looked up and read the store’s banner. “Woah- such a cool name for a hidden store, huh?”

     She grabbed the doorknob and entered into the lobby. Her eyes wandered up and down, left and right.

     She saw lots of instruments displayed with various sizes and forms. But still, she remembered why she went inside.

     “Where’s that man playing the piano?”

     Her ears lead her inside a restricted room through a small passageway.

     There, she found a guy in wearing a black sweater, playing the piano with his eyes closed.

     

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TXR4tsBF9U

 

     With her amazement, she clapped her hands eagerly while listening.

     The young man suddenly stopped playing and looked at her with his why-are-you-disturbing-me eyes.

     “Wow! You’ve got great piano skills! I was really moved by your music.”, she remarked.

     Myungsoo stared at her annoyed, “Why are you here? It’s prohibited; you should have at least read the sign on the door saying ‘no entry’!”

      “S-sorry! I just heard a sweet melody while passing the streets and it lead me here so I entered.”, she apologized.

     Then she bit her lips and gave an excuse, “B-but, I’m actually searching for a music store because I broke my guitar strings. Luckily, I found this place.”

     “Is that so? Ok, I’ll help you with the strings. Here are the available strings- which one would you choose?” he asked.

     “This one!” she excitedly chose. “But, uhmm…well, I’m also planning to buy a guitar. Do you have a pink one?”

     Myungsoo showed her a pink guitar from their stockroom. “Here, would you like this one?”

     She smiled and exclaimed, “Absolutely yes! I love the design, wow! I’ll buy that one.”

     He handed the guitar to her and smiled with his gorgeous dimples. “Thank you for buying.”

     “Can you please play a few notes with this guitar? I would like to see if it sounds great.”

     Myungsoo grabbed the guitar and played “Last summer” by Infinite.

 

     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhcZyAev6hQ

 

     “Here, if you have any problems, feel free to return here in my store.”

     “Thank you again!”, Jieun bowed happily.

    

     In her room, Jieun spent all night composing for the song writing contest.

     “AISHHHH! Seriously, I can’t even compose a nice tune! It’s killing meeeee!!”

     She tossed and turned around her bed to sleep but she can’t help but feel extremely worried because she still hasn’t made her self-composed song.

    

     The next day, her friend Eunjung asked her how she’s doing with the song.

    She looked at her with gloomy face and replied “I thought it would be so easy. But I can’t even make a nice tune out of my guitar. It’s so depressing, I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP BUT I JUST CAN’T!!!!”

     “Why not search for a songwriter? I think most contestants will do those kinds of tricks just to win!” Eunjung whispered.

    

     “A SONGWRITER?” Jieun’s face brighten a bit. “I still have HOPE in my hands.”

     She remembered something and went back to the music store to ask the store owner if he knows any songwriter around their neighbourhood.

     “Excuse me! Mr. store owner, are you here? I just want to ask if-“, she was interrupted by a piece of paper left on the store’s counter.

     A few stanzas and verses are written on the paper. ”Are these lyrics in a song?” She read each word :

 

-Good day-

Why is the sky so much more blue?
Why is the breeze so perfect today?
Pretending like I don't know
Like I didn't hear a thing, like I erased it
Should we start talking about something else?
Should we kiss so we can't say anything?

My eyes fill with tears, so I lift my head up
I smile a little so they won't fall
Why are you like this to me, what are you saying?
All the things we talked about go to the sky
The words I have never said 
The words I didn't know I'd say as I cried
I like you, oppa, what do I do?

Was my recent hairstyle change bad?
Did I wear the wrong clothes?
Still pretending like I don't know
Like I don't remember
Should I act as if nothing happened?
Should I just say that we should go out?

My eyes fill with tears, so I lift my head up
I smile a little so they won't fall
Why are you like this to me, what are you saying?
All the things we talked about go to the sky
The words I have never said 
The words I didn't know I'd say as I cried
I like you, oppa, what do I do?

Don't say those kind of sad things
While looking at me like this
Is it that I'm childish or a bit slow?
I can't believe it

Even though I'm crying, I smile
I block your way and I just smile widely
Why am I being like this, do I not have any shame?
I fold my pride up neatly and throw it up to the sky
The words I have never said
The words I might never be able to say again
I like you, oppa, aigoo, one, two
I'm in my dream

(It's too beautiful, beautiful day)
(Make it a good day)
(Just don't make me cry)

Such a good day

 

     “Oh, It’s you again! What brought you here? Is there a problem with the guitar?”, Myungsoo asked.

     “N-nothing! Uhmm, I just want to ask if maybe you know where I can find some songwriters. I mean, if you know one.” she shyly asked.  

     “A song writer? I don’t know. Sorry.” he shook his head.

     Jieun handed him the song lyrics “How about this…who wrote this lyrics?”

     “Why- Where- How did you get this?” Myungsoo confusedly looked at her.

     She explained, “I saw this here in the counter. I would love to know who wrote these sweet lines.”

     “I was the one who wrote it. Why?” he said.

     She exclaimed, “You did? OMO! It was really nice. I can feel the inspiration and the simple but overflowing emotions. I almost giggled when I read the lines. It felt like it was composed by a girl.”

     “Really? I just composed it for the main character in the manga I’ve read last night.” he chuckled.

     “Can I hear the tune of the whole song? Sorry for bothering you, I just want to get some ideas because I’m planning to join a song writing contest in our school.” She begged him.

     “Sure…” Myungsoo started playing the piano and sings the lyrics of the song.

    

       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-6StXKEzzw

 

     “BRAVO!!! That was lovely! You are such a great composer!” Jieun praised him and continued begging, “Can I buy your composition? Name an amount and I’ll give it to you! I promise! PLEASEEEEEE! I just need it so badly!”

     “It’s not for sale…but, I’ll give it to you for free.” He smiled.

     “Really? Woahhh! Thank you so much!” she bowed several times.

     When she was about to get out of the store, she remembered something.

     “How about the music sheet? Why didn’t he give it to me? Maybe he forgot”

     She re-entered the store and asked “Excuse me, sorry for bothering you again…but, how about the music sheet? I mean, the notes in the piano…I actually don’t know the original tune. You forgot to give it to me.”

     “Miss, I thought we already made a deal that I’m going to give you the lyrics for free. Well, as for the music sheet…it’s not included. You’ve got to find out the tune yourself.” He smirked and bid goodbye to her.

     “B-but, I- How can I do that?” she annoyingly pouted and sighed.

 

---I’m soooo sorry for updating this so late, my schedule got so hectic, Oh my God! Thank you for reading! I’m actually giggling while writing this since it’s Myungsoo’s first appearance, hahaha! I hope I can manage to update it regularly, please continue supporting it. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH :)