CHAPTER 2- Songwriting Contest

YOU'RE MY SUPERSTAR [HIATUS MODE]

 

 

     “YAHHHH!! W-WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING HERE? YOU SASAENG FAN! GO OUT OF HERE NOW!!”   

     Taeyeon’s eyes grew big and she got really nervous.

     “M-Mianhae Taeyeon-ssi! I just forgot to get your autograph earlier. I’m really, really sorry…you can shout at me all you want!” Jieun begged desperately.

     “A-autograph? Are you kidding me? You almost gave me a heart attack! Can’t you see I’m extremely tired?”, Taeyeon rolled her eyes. Deep inside she really would like to crush this girl into pieces, that’s the disadvantage of being a public figure, if only she’s not protecting her reputation as an Idol.

     “Where’s your pen? And paper?” she demanded.

     “You mean, you’re going to sign for me?” Jieun excitedly handed out her stuffs, “Here it is! Thank you so much! I know you’re really so kind!”

     Taeyeon hurriedly signed her autograph and then scowled secretly. Afterwards, her irritated face faded as she turned to her fan with a friendly facade and smirked, “You know that my album’s going to be out soon, right? I hope you’ll support it.”

     Then she bowed gently and showed her sweet grin.

     “O-of course! I will buy a lot just for you! I’ll make sure that you’ll top the charts once again! I promise! Thank you so much! You’re the best!”

     Jieun bid goodbye to her beloved idol. She waved vigorously upon seeing Taeyeon’s car leave.

     All she ever wanted was to see her Idol, she realized how blessed she was when she remembered how she hugged and got autograph from her.

     “She’s really the best! My Superstar!” she shouted excitedly upon heading back to her house.

     The moment Jieun entered her bedroom, she immediately opened her cyworld, twitter, facebook, tumblr, daum, naver, etc. and posted all her pictures, fancams and her exclusive autograph from Taeyeon herself.

 

     Taejumma bunnies, I’m back! Here are the pictures I promised you guys earlier. Do not take out without credits or edit the picture.

P.S. Tae’s album is to be released soon…make sure to grab each album for her to reach the top spot on sales. love you guys! ❤❤❤                                       

    

     “AIGOO, It’s already past 5 o’clock! Why didn’t I wake up earlier? AISHHH!!”

      Jieun grabbed her towel and was about to go directly to the bathroom. But when she passed by Taeyeon’s life size poster near her bed, she moved slowly and gently unto it and whispered, “GOOD MORNING, PRETTY TAEYEON!”

     Then she went on to her usual routine.

 

     6AM- 7AM Newspaper and milk delivery

 

     8am to 11am- part time dishwasher at the Chinese Restaurant

 

     11:30 to 5pm- class at Woollim University

 

     On her way to school, she suddenly remembered that Taeyeon’s album is going to be released today so she rushed into the nearest music store.

     “Annyeong haseyo! Miss, Uhmm…Taeyeon’s new album…is it already out?”, she inquired.

     The sales lady replied, “Yes ma’am, how many would you like to purchase?”

     “Let’s see…” Jieun counted the bills inside her wallet.

     “One…two…three! There, Let me have 3000 copies please.”, she burst out giggling.

     “T-three thousand? Alright, please wait here while I prepare your albums ma’am.”

     Then after the albums were carefully given to her, she took lots of pictures of those and posted it in her website. She’s going to give away the albums through games in fan sites personally administered by her.

    

     At school, her best friends Jiwon and Eunjung ran towards her as she tries to catch her breath while walking near the university portals.

     “Jieunnieeeeee!”

     Eunjung grabbed her and placed her arm over Jieun’s shoulders.

     “What’s with the sudden grabbing? Is there something you want to say to me?”

     Jiwon smirked. Then she whispered something to Eunjung and they both left her without a word.

     “AISHHH!! Look at these brats! I’m going to kill you both once I catch you!”, she grumbled.

     She followed her friends’ quick pace and sighed. “I know they’re pretty weird, no doubt I befriended them.”

      “Where are you two going? Yahhh!! Stop right now! My feet are aching!”, she yelled at them.

     Her friends suddenly stopped and turned to her. “Here we go, there…look at that announcement!”

     “YOU BROUGHT ME HERE JUST FOR THAT STUPID- “ 

     Jieun looked closely at the announcement.

    

     “SONGWRITING CONTEST?”

     “Why the heck should they lead me here? As if I know how to write- “

     Her blabbering stopped when she saw the next lines in the advertisement poster.

 

First prize winner will have the chance to meet Kim Taeyeon in a lunch date + cash prize and her limited edition Special Concert DVD

 

     Without second thoughts, Jieun immediately decided. “I WILL JOIN THE CONTEST! I WILL WIN NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS!”

     On her way back home, she excitedly walked thinking of strategies how she can achieve first place in the said competition.

     As she entered her room, she immediately grabbed her guitar and strummed familiar notes.

     She was humming here and there, taking time to listen to inspiring songs to have an idea on songwriting...Lalala, hmmmm…

     “I thought writing a song would be easy, but I thought wrong. This is not good; I need to find a great songwriter for me.” she strummed forcefully and this time, she accidentally broke a string.

     “Oh my God, why am I being so unlucky today? I better buy a new set of strings. I’m so sorry dear guitar, I didn’t mean to hurt you” she caressed her beloved guitar like a precious child.

    

     “Hmm…let’s see. Where should I buy my strings?”

     She walked down the street searching for music stores nearby. But she was in vain; all music stores within the vicinity were all closed for no valid reasons.

     Jieun got exhausted and also frustrated that she can’t fix her guitar as soon as possible so she decided to return back to her house.

     She walked slowly and tried to search for a new short cut way in going back home.

     Then, she passed by into an unfamiliar street. “Am I lost or what?”

     Suddenly, she heard something…

 

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TXR4tsBF9U -Only tears (piano version)

     Daaadadadada…

     Nanananana…

     Hmmmmmm…

 

    Jieun was humming a familiar tune….a lovely, sweet melody which could melt her heart while listening unto it.     

 

    “Where did that sweet sound came from?”

 

    “Who is playing that piano piece? It’s so beautiful, it makes me cry.” 

 

---I tried to write this chapter earlier but I was too stressed with the lectures in our training. So, there you go guys, I hope you'll look forward to the upcoming chapters. I'll try to make it a bit exciting. Sorry for the late update, I hope you'll understand :) Thank you for reading. Leave your comments, don't worry...I don't bite ^^