CHAPTER 5- We meet again

YOU'RE MY SUPERSTAR [HIATUS MODE]

 

 

     It has been a very hectic day for Jieun. It seems like everything is conspiring against her because aside from her overwhelming worry about her contest piece’s tune, tons of assignments, researches and projects are waiting for her at school.

    “Beethoven’s Symphony…Beet…beet…bet”, haggard looking Jieun repeatedly searched for the book she intends to read in the bookshelf.

    When she was about to get the book, she was interrupted by a familiar face she saw on the other side of the bookshelf alley.“Gotcha! There you are! I’ve been searching for you for almost-“

     She stopped momentarily and her eyes focused at the guy in front of the bookshelf busy arranging books.  

     “Hello! Can you still remember me?” she approached him and greeted.

     As if the man didn’t hear her and walked away.    

     “Yahhh! Don’t you really recognize me at all?” she insisted.

     Finally, Myungsoo turned to look at her, shook his head and said, “Sorry, but  I don’t know you.”

     Jieun was confused, “Will you stop kidding me? Can’t you remember that time when you gave me the lyrics?”

     “Ahh, so that was you.”

     Jieun’s face brightened up.

     “So what?” he arrogantly uttered and walked away once again.

     Jieun got irritated and rolled her eyes, “So what? Ha! This guy has lots of air in his head!”

     She hurriedly followed Myungsoo’s steps and blocked his way.

     “Mr. Music man, I just want you to know that I’m not going to disturb you anymore because I already figured out the tune of the song. “

     “…And also, I would like to thank you for the lyrics. By the way, I’m going to participate in the Song writing contest with your self-composed song.  Well, since I’m the one who’s going to perform it, you should feel honored. “, she grinned.

     Myungsoo smirked then sighed. He gave a blank stare at her then pat her shoulders before leaving.

     “Don’t be too full of yourself.” he mumbled.

    

     Exhausted from rehearsing her song and doing multitasking with her paperworks, Jieun prepared the music sheets for tomorrow’s event.

     While browsing the notes, she noticed that the last part was not yet finished.

     “Oh, so that’s why it felt so incomplete. Why didn’t I realize this earlier? I’m so stupid! AISSSHHH! I need to complete everything before the competition starts tomorrow.”, she whined.   

     She swallowed her pride and hurriedly went back to the music store where she met her composer, but to her dismay, the store was still closed.

      Jieun returned to the school library and searched for her “music man”.

     She approached the librarian’s desk and asked the student assistant named Woohyun.

     “Have you seen a guy here with black brown wavy hair, about 170+ cm in height, weird looking and has a handsome poker face? I’ve seen him earlier today arranging books in that section.”

     Woohyun looked at her and sneered.

     “Are you perhaps referring to the part time assistant librarian Kim Myungsoo? Wae? Are you one of those insane girls stalking him?”

     “S-Stalk? Who? NOOOOO! Of course I’ll never do that! Seriously, I wanted to talk to him because I forgot to ask him something. Hurry! Please, this is urgent!” Jieun continuously rubbed her hands together to plea for his help.

     The sad part is, Woohyun is still not convinced. “That’s the most common excuse his stalker girls can say. Sorry, but my dear Myungsoo said that if someone searched for him, I won’t let them know where he is.”

 

     Drained, Jieun walked slowly outside the library. She felt hopeless.

     “How will I win the competition with this situation? It’s impossible.”

     She stared blankly at the ceiling and tried to hold her tears. Then she passed by the piano rooms and tried to find a place where she can cry without anybody seeing her.

     As she was about to open one of the rooms, she heard a very familiar tune.

     “I know this tune…”

 

Only tears- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TXR4tsBF9U

 

     “Could it be that it’s Mr. Music man?”

     She quietly opened the door and to her expectation, it was really Myungsoo.

     Myungsoo felt that someone was watching him and so he stopped playing the piano and turned to his back.

     “It’s you again. What is it this time? I thought you can manage on your own?” he mocked at her.

     “Yes, that’s right. I’m actually in need of great help right now. I’m swallowing my huge pride in the hope that you can once again help me for the second time. Please!” she kneeled and begged at him.

     “You don’t need to kneel, it’s annoying! Just tell me what I could for you and for my song.” Myungsoo scratched hi s head.

     Myungsoo wrote the missing notes and rearranged the other corrections in the tune of the song.

     At last, Jieun could breathe easily and keep calm.

    “Thank you so much! I owe you a lot. I’ll be sure to repay you someday. Kamsahamnida!”, Jieun bowed several times.

    

     EVERYTHING’S COMPLETE…JIEUN IS NOW READY TO COMPETE.

 

    THEN SUDDENLY, WHILE SHE WAS SLEEPING…HER PHONE RANG. But she was too tired to wake up and pick up the call.

 

     A message was sent to her inbox:

 

     Jang Eun Sil (Pianist)

 

     “MIANHAE JIEUNNIE, I SUDDENLY GOT FEVER AND NEEDED TO BE CONFINED FOR 3 DAYS IN THE HOSPITAL. I CAN’T ACCOMPANY YOU TOMORROW. I’M REALLY SORRY. GOODLUCK! FIGHTING!“

    

 

--Thank you to those who were so patient enough to read this story though I can’t update it regularly. I hope I can have lots of time. AISSSHHHH!! I’m so touched to see that there are lots of new subscribers. THANK YOU SO MUCH! *hugs everyone*I hope you liked Myungsoo and IU’s interactions here; I’m crossing my fingers that I could write 3 chapters before the end of this year. Please continue supporting and feel free to leave a comment! ^^