CHAPTER 16- Misconceptions

YOU'RE MY SUPERSTAR [HIATUS MODE]

 

      “Should I be treating her in a restaurant?”

      “Or maybe just street foods will do?”

      “Where should I treat her? This is stressing me out so much! AISHHHHH!”

      Woohyun noticed that Myungsoo is talking to himself. 

      “Is he inhaling too much musical notes nowadays?”

      He approached his confused friend, then sat beside him to offer some help. “Excuse me birthday boy, if you need some help on anything, I’m available anytime you know that.” Then he winked at him.

     Myungsoo cringed with his aegyo then suddenly asked, “Can you choose from these options? If you are to treat someone, would you treat her in a fancy restaurant of something more simple?”

     Woohyun’s eyebrows raised, then he leaned towards him.

     “Hey, wait a minute! By any chance, are you planning to ask someone out? Oh my God! I can’t believe my Myungsoo is going through his puberty period! I’m a proud brother!”

     “YAHHHH! It’s not like that! Let’s just say that I owe someone a treat and I don’t know how to choose which the best plan is.”

     “Alright, I get it. It’s your first time planning on a date. Well, as a first timer, treating someone in a fine restaurant would be totally awesome! Or maybe you could plan hanging out and watch movies…that’s at least what I can observe on romantic dramas.” he answered excitedly.

     “Movies? Right! That would be great! Thanks hyung!” Myungsoo cheerfully walked out of the door.

     “He’s really excited for the date huh? I should meet this lucky girl some time.”

 

(His text message to IU)

 

Yah, random girl! See you at 6pm, Cinema lobby.

I’ll be waiting there.

Please hide your face properly,

I’m afraid that your fans might recognize you.

-Myungsoo

 

     While inside the office, Sungyeol was watching the entertainment news.

 

      Reporter: “Today, everybody is waiting for Kim Taeyeon’s press conference before formally leaving for New York City.

      (The press event is starting)

      Taeyeon sits at the center next to her manager. She then grabs the microphone and started speaking in live television.

      “Today, I am going to a new level of my career and this is very much precious to me because this was my dream ever since I started taking hold of that microphone while performing on stage. I know that I may have hurt a lot of fans and loved ones for my sudden decision. But this is not yet goodbye, I will be back soon, and I hope that you’ll all still welcome me when that day comes.” 

 

     Sungyeol stared blankly at the television screen. “Why do you even need to say goodbye?”

     As tears went down his cheeks, he heard a knock on the door so he hurriedly wiped them away.

      “Sungyeol-ah!” Jieun went inside his office and noticed his teary eyes.

     “D-Did you just cried? Omo!  Sorry, I think I need to go back later”

      Sungyeol’s eyes looked upward then looked back to Jieun, “Oh no, don’t mind me! It’s just the dust, it’s making my eyes irritated.”

      “I just wanted to ask if you have already eaten your lunch because my fans brought banquet of foods to congratulate me.”

     “Really? You know what, you should tweet some thank you messages to them. They are one of the nicest fandom out there”.

     “That’s actually what I’m planning too!” she smiled.

      Before Jieun was about to step out of the room, Sungyeol called her back.

     “Uhmm, do you have any time after lunch? I just want to release all my depression and spend some time with you at the noraebang, well if you don’t have any appointments…”

     Without second thoughts she gladly answered right away, “Sure! I would love to sing at the noraebang!”

    

     There are celebrations and bitter moments to spend, and at this time, Taeyeon was bitterly reading the articles from her tablet.

 

IU will take over Taeyeon as new Chin Chin DJ

     Having announced her decision to step down from her radio DJ job of Chin Chin yesterday, MBC Radio has been searching around for an adequate replacement to fill the position vacated by Kim Taeyeon.

     But it certainly did not take too long as they named the newly debuted singer, IU as the new Chin Chin DJ. It will be a significant step up for the young girl who already appears on five radio programs weekly.

     MBC also said that they are just trying IU out for now and could also revert back to a double-DJ system like before. For now though, it’s just decided that IU will begin hosting by herself this Monday, April 22nd.

     Taeyeon’s last radio broadcast will be this Sunday, April 14th and we wish IU lots of luck in her new job!

 

     “Wow, it looks like she’s very much eager in replacing me instantly. Just enjoy the fame, little girl. I will wipe your records once I return back to Korea.”

      Then she suddenly mumbled, “I hope Sungyeol is much better now.”   

 

     It was past four in the afternoon, but Myungsoo still do not have any ideas for his surprise for her. 

     “Should I bring flowers? No, she’ll think I’m into her. Or maybe balloons will do? AISHHH so childish! I’m not good with surprises, really! It’s making me nuts!” he muttered and blowed his hair upwards in frustration. 

     “Maybe it would be great if I treat her with a cake, since it’s also my birthday. She should feel honored that I’m going to spend my birthday with her.” he shyly smiled.

     He then prepared his outfit.

     “Should I wear something formal or just my casual wear? Black or colorful? I CAN’T DECIDE PROPERLY! WHY ARE THERE LOT OF CHOICES? AISSSHHH!”

     He looked at his reflection at the mirror, “You look great enough Myungsoo, don’t worry! Any clothing will do. Fighting! What did I just said? OMO! Is this because of my birthday?”

    

     Sungyeol and Jieun were both having a great time at the noraebang and they didn’t notice how fast time flies by until it was already 6pm. Jieun forgot to bring her cellphone with her and she enjoyed singing nonstop, until Sungyeol ordered some liquor.

     “I’m sorry, but I just need to unwind. This will release my stress, I guess. Don’t worry, I won’t overdrink.”

      But then Sungyeol failed to fulfil his promise and as Jieun was continuously singing emotional songs, he also continuously fills his cup with more and more beer.

     

     Meanwhile, at the cinema, Myungsoo impatiently frowns at a corner.

     “What took her so long? She even didn’t answer my calls and messages. How dare she forget our appointment? I’m going to kill her!”

     “Hey handsome, do you have a date here? I can be a replacement.” a young lady approached him.

     “I’m actually waiting for somebody, so no, thanks.”

     In the meantime, Jieun do not know what to do with Sungyeol because he’s already drunk.

     “You know what hurts the most? It’s when someone left you and you still can’t find ways on how to forget her.” he suddenly uttered.

     Jieun sat down beside him. “It’s really hard to forget, but you know what? Someone told me before that you actually don’t need to forget every bad memory; all you just need is to remember it and learn from it. Then someday, you’ll wake up thinking that all those depressing feelings are gone because you actually get tired of thinking about it.” she turned to him and his hair from his forehead.

     She then laughed, “Hello, I’m such a dummy for talking to him seriously when he’s this drunk.”

     Then she reached out to grab her phone inside her jacket only to realize that she left it. 

     “This is insane! How can I bring him back home? I can’t contact anyone!”

     Fortunately, she asked some of the guards at the area to help her get a cab.

     Back at the cinema, Myungsoo is waiting in vain and was ready to go home after 3 hours of waiting for nothing.

     “You’ll pay for this missy! There should be a remarkable explanation!”

     Then suddenly, the rain started pouring. And he was left with no choice but to get soaked in the rain.

     “WHAT THE- I forgot to bring an umbrella! Is this how I just celebrated my birthday? Thanks to her! I hate it!” he kicked on the flood.

     On the way home, Myungsoo saw Jieun with Sungyeol from afar.

     “That girl! She’s making my blood boil!”

     “Wait, isn’t that Sungyeol? Why is he with her?”

     Sungyeol is too heavy that Jieun can’t hardly assist him properly into the entrance of the house.

     He suddenly mumbled, “Why did I love her? I should never have loved her, if only I can love someone else.”        

     Then suddenly, Jieun lost her balance and Sungyeol’s head was about to fall into her shoulders. When she turned to her left, her lips met Sungyeol’s.

     Her heart raced so fast that she could feel like fainting any minute.

     “D-Did our lips just- AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!” she blushed from embarrassment.

     “It was my first kiss. It should have been something special, why am I about to cry right now? He didn’t know it anyway.”

     What she didn’t know was the fact that Myungsoo saw the kissing part. “She was dating him? That’s the reason why she didn’t go to our appointment. But why didn’t she even reply that she can’t go? I was so foolish for waiting.”

     While Jieun was taking a blank staring moment realizing what just happened, all of a sudden Myungsoo appeared and mocked at her.

    “Oh my God! D-Did you just come or are you in there for quite some time? Because you see, it’s a misunderstanding, I didn’t do that on purpose and Sungyeol’s drunk!” she was quite blabbering.

     “I-I didn’t see anything and I just entered the gate right now. Or, do I need to see anything?” he playfully smirked at her.

     “N-Nothing! I just lost my balance, and that’s pretty humiliating to watch.” she said.

     “Oh, so there you go! I’ve got no business here. I think I need to go first and provide some privacy to the lovey doveys over here.” Myungsoo continuously .

     “Oh, just shut up! It’s nothing! Will you please help me? He’s too heavy for me.” she begged.

     “No, thanks. I’m not a good Samaritan, you know.” he then entered the doors pissed off.

     “Look at that guy! Why are his manners not as great looking as his face? AISSSHHHH!”

 

-After a month without having updates, I'm so happy to be finally back! I miss you all guys! My fangirl and professional life keeps getting in the way that's why I'm so busy nowadays. I'M SOOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING! *kneels* To my new subscribers, welcome! Thank you for supporting my story! Love you all guys! *Throws tons of hearts* 

 Congratulations to my INFINITE boys for winning in several music shows for "Man In Love" <3