CHAPTER 15- New Challenge

YOU'RE MY SUPERSTAR [HIATUS MODE]

 

      Her heart is racing faster and faster, she could hear everyone’s expectations. 

     “Can I do this?”

      Then she stepped out of the backstage and into the spotlight.

      The music then started playing.

      Jieun’s hand was trembling at first, then she breathe deeply and remembered what Sungyeol told her.

      “You can do it! Believe me, I trusted you that’s why you should also trust yourself.”

      “I can do this”

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPweQN34Gds&playnext=1&list=PL0946E2524AD30809&feature=results_video

 

      She sang every line as if she was just normally expressing her innocent feeling about love. Everyone witnessed how Jieun owned the stage, watching how they were mesmerized by her captivating voice.

     Fans were cheering their fan chants for her loudly.

     And at last, the song ended. She bowed, and then everyone gave her a loud round of applause.

    

     Aside from Jieun’s debut stage, it was also Taeyeon’s goodbye stage.

     While walking at the corridor, Taeyeon and Sungyeol walked towards each other.

     Taeyeon said, “So, that IU girl…I mean, my obsessed fangirl…Is she your new girl nowadays?”

     Sungyeol replied with a smirk, “Ms. Kim Taeyeon, why are you talking to me? The last time I checked, we don’t have any business with each other anymore. So, please excuse me, I still got lots of things to do!”

     Taeyeon felt as if she was slapped by those words. She then continued walking towards the backstage.

     Upon entering, Jieun saw her idol and then ran towards her.

     “Taeyeon! Oh my God, I can’t believe you’re still here! I’m glad to see you!” she exclaimed cheerfully.

     “And I’m not glad to see you!”

     “I never imagined that I could perform here too someday. It felt so real.” Jieun wittingly said.

      Taeyeon replied with a fake smile and kissed her on the cheeks.

     She stared blankly, with her chin held up while watching Jieun walked away happily.

     “Goodbye! Wait for my comeback! I’ll never let you steal my throne! And I’ll never let you smile…again.” Taeyeon mumbled then entered the stage for her last performance.

    

     After that day, several newspapers and internet sites began writing tons of articles about IU’s debut stage, new projects, and variety shows.

      Back in their house, Sungyeol greeted Jieun.

      “Congratulations to our great IU! You did really well! Let’s hope that next week, you’ll get a high rank for Mnet, Music Bank, Music Core, Inkigayo and in other music programs!”

      Eunjung  picked up several packages scattered around the living room. “Hey, look at this…IU’s fans delivered all these gifts for her! Woah! You’re really something now, huh!”

     “I’m still the same Jieun!” she shyly admitted.

      “At the fancafe, your members are also increasing! Look, they even voted for the fandom’s name as UAENA (U-You, AE-love, NA-me)”, a staff reported.

       She was overwhelmed by the great amount of support she’s gaining these days. “Wow, that’s great! I’m glad they are supporting me…I’m really flattered.”

      Myungsoo stood by the room thinking deeply. Then he approached Jieun and mocked at her.

      “Do you think you can get first place next week?”

      Jieun confidently said, “It’s difficult, but it’s not impossible! Why? What will you do if I get first place next week?”

      Smiling arrogantly, Myungsoo counted the days in the calendar. He was up to something.

      “Hmmm…what about not only first place? If you get your first triple crown, I’ll treat you to a special place!” he promised abruptly.

     “Really? I think I need to contact my fans right now. You should not underestimate their powers!” she chuckled.

     

      To Myungsoo’s surprise, after a week, IU received another all kill. But this time, she swept all the music programs, ranking 1st place in all the shows for that week.

      After 3 weeks, IU received her first Triple Crown and consecutively achieved all triple crowns in all the music programs, placing her name on the top female singers in Korea.

      “Is this for real? Or am I just dreaming? I just don’t want to wake up again!” she mumbled to herself.

      Then, she stared at Myungsoo.

      “What are you staring at, pathetic Jieun?” he said while confusedly blinking.  

      “Look, I know that I’m very much good looking…but please, don’t create nasty thoughts!”

      Jieun poked his cheek and laughed, “HA! You’re so full of yourself! Remember your promise to me? You can fulfil it tomorrow at 6pm. It’s a promise Kim Myungsoo!”

      “I thought you’d forget. Of course I’ll remember. Ok, that date and time is noted. As for the place, I’ll tell you tomorrow morning.” he secretly smiled then left.

      That night, Jieun felt excited for Myungsoo’s treat. She was awake, tossing up all night in her bed. So she plugged on her earphones and listened to her playlist until she felt sleepy.

 

     It was 8am when she woke up the next day. When she was about to come out of her room, a trail of red rose petals were scattered on the floor. She followed the trail puzzled.

     “Who did this?” she was so surprised that she couldn’t help but giggle with excitement.

      Myungsoo suddenly came out of his room.

      “Who did this mess?”, Myungsoo sarcastically remarked.

     “Can’t you just appreciate things? You’re ruining my romantic moment!” Jieun yelled at him then pouted.

     “Clean this mess!”

     “Shut up!”

     Jieun ignored Myungsoo’s nonsense comments and followed the trail of rose petals which lead her to the dining room where she saw a guy standing, waiting for her.

      “Did you like it? I know it’s so old fashioned, right? But it’s the thought that counts…” Sungyeol cleared his throat.

      “Are you surprised? This is my way to congratulating you! Now sit here and have a special breakfast for a star like you!”, he continued.

      “You did all of these? Oh my God! I’ve never been surprised like this all my life!” Jieun was astonished with the unexpected surprise.

      “Really? How about surprise quizzes and tests? Those were freaking surprising…”, Myungsoo muttered.

      Jieun gave him a deadly stare, “I suppose that would be the last of your unfunny cracks, right?”

      “Ehemmm, I hope you liked my surprise…” Sungyeol interrupted their war and showed his gummy smile.

      “O-Of course! Mr. Lee, I’m really grateful to you. Thank you so much! You’ve done a lot for me already! There’s no need for this!” she explained while blushing.

      “Piece of advice…please refrain from calling me Mr. Lee. Call me Sungyeol, our isn’t that huge, you know! You’re making me feel old!” he .

     “Ok, Sungyeol-ah!” she replied.

 

      After they had their breakfast, Myungsoo approached Sungyeol in the backyard garden.

     “Want to talk about something with me?” Sungyeol asked.

     “Don’t be too kind with everyone. Some might misinterpret it for something.” Myungsoo seriously stated.

      Sungyeol chuckled a bit then his smile disappeared.

      He tapped Myungsoo’s shoulders and said something in a sulky, low voice.

      “Don’t be too concerned. Don’t worry, I’m not kind with everyone.  I just feel kind to someone who is special to me.”