CHAPTER 8- Acappella of Friendship

YOU'RE MY SUPERSTAR [HIATUS MODE]

 

 

     “And the first place, to be awarded with a lunch date with me is…” Taeyeon took her time to pause and lengthen the excitement.

     “Contestant number....”

     Jieun closed her eyes and crossed her fingers.

     “Contestant number 7…Shin Min Ah”

     “Wae?! Why didn’t my friend win?” Eunjung complained.

     Jieun walked away slowly upon hearing the judges’ decision.

     “It’s alright Jieun, you did your best!” she pat her shoulders.

 

     Sungyeol went upstage and announced something.

     “Excuse me, everyone…apart from our decision, we have also decided to give this special award to the performance which strike us the most. We also wanted her to win the major awards, but it would be unfair to those who have performed on time with their accompanist.”

     He searched through the crowd, “Is she still here?”

     “The best performance goes to- Contestant No. 10…Ms. Lee Jieun”

     “Jieun, you are called!” Eunjung shouted at her.

     “W-Was my name called? I-I won, too?” Jieun can’t contain her feelings and rushed towards the stage and hugged Taeyeon.

      “Y-You? It’s my stalker fan from my concert. She won?” Taeyeon was astonished.

     The judges gave her a limited edition of Taeyeon’s winter album.

     “T-thank you so much! It’s alright even if I didn’t win, thank you for appreciating my performance.” Jieun felt so happy.

    

     After the event, Sungyeol handed out his business card to Jieun and to her pianist, Myungsoo.

     “If ever you would want to enter the entertainment industry, just feel free to call me anytime” he assured them.

     Myungsoo returned the card and said, “I won’t need that. Thank you.”

     Jieun rolled his eyes at Myungsoo’s arrogance and then bowed at Sungyeol several times before he left.

     “Well, I would like to formally thank- “ Jieun took the chance to show his gratitude to Myungsoo for helping her. But before she could ever utter her words, Myungsoo disappeared without a trace.

     “He was just right here! AISHHHH! Seriously! Is he a ghost? He appears and disappears whenever he wanted to, he’s way too mysterious.” she pouted her lips and sighed.

    

    The next day, Woohyun made fun of Myungsoo because of what happened at the competition.

    “Really? Myungsoo just helped a girl?” he chuckled.

    He continued, “Waaahhh- it’s a miracle! He never plays for just somebody…unless she’s really somebody special!”

    Myungsoo muttered, “Hyung, shut up! Let’s just say, I pity her.”

    “Oh, so how can you explain that blush on your face? Omo! Myungsoo’s blushing!”, Woohyun mocked at him and ;.

    “Aissshhh! Jinjja! Stop it, will you!”, Myungsoo grabbed his notebook and threw it at him.

    

     The whole classroom was bursting with gossips left after yesterday’s scenario. Nobody expected to see Jieun being helped by the sophomore student Kim Myungsoo.

     Jieun’s classmates grew curious with her relationship with Myungsoo.

    “How dare you keep this from me? What are friends for?” Eunjung exclaimed.

    “That’s right! Tell us, are you dating with him?” another girl curiously asked.

    “He’s popular for being so unfriendly, so it’s the first time that he helped somebody”

    “You are so lucky, girl! I’m so jealous!”

     Jieun ignored their questions. She pretended to be asleep and sulked herself at the desk.

    

     At lunchtime, while Jieun was about to return to her classroom, she met one of her professors.

     “Ms. Lee, congratulations! I‘ve heard they were impressed by your performance yesterday.”

     “Thank you ma’am!”

     Her professor added, “Can you please return these books to the library? Thank you so much!”

     “If I know, she just approached me because she wanted to make errands for me. Aissshhh!” Jieun complained.

     When she reached the library, she decided to ask Woohyun where Myungsoo is so that she can give a small token of gratitude to him.

     “Oh, so here’s the lucky girl!”, Woohyun .

     “Myungsoo spends most of her time at the rooftop of this building. He loves being alone. You can find him there.” he answered.

     Then, Jieun rushed towards the rooftop and searched for Myungsoo.

     She found him staring blankly at the sky.

     Jieun cleared just for him to notice that somebody was beside him.

     “Why are you here?” he asked.

     “Why? Is this your territory?”Jieun replied.

     Myungsoo was annoyed by her sudden presence and was about to leave, but then Jieun grabbed his hands and she handed her gift over to him.

     She smiled and said “I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for helping me.”

     “You don’t have to, I didn’t do that for you…I just wanted them to hear my music.” he scratched his head and looked away.

     “But you still helped me.  So please accept this.” she begged.

      “I don’t accept gifts.” Myungsoo told her.

     “You will accept this. You don’t have a choice. Or else, I’ll throw this at the school grounds and you’ll be punished for littering.” she threatened him.

     Jieun toughly extended her arms into the air and was about to throw the gift away.

     “S-stop! Ok, I’ll accept it. Put it down.” Myungsoo surrendered.

     “Great, I hope you’ll like it!” then Jieun left.

     Myungsoo opened the gift and saw a box of pepero stick and banana milk.

     “What a weird girl…” he smirked.