Happy Birthday

The Cell Phone

Taemin POV~

 

“Noona, what’s your name?”

“I told you already, I threw it away.”

“Then what was your name?”

“I forgot.”

“Come on noona~” I whine.

“No means no.”

“Fine...” I pout trying not to get her mad. We continue walking further away from the park. I continue holding on to noona’s hand not wanting to let go. I just hope this moment will never end. “Noona, let’s go eat; you must be hungry.” I suggest.

“Whatever you want. It's your birthday anyways.” She agrees. We continue to walk to a small food stand. I pull the chair for her to sit and push it in for her like in those movies. I sit down across for her and smile. “Taemin, order the food.”

“No, you can order. I’ll eat whatever you want.”

“No Taemin, it’s your birthday.”

“Okay...” I order the food and noona gets up. “Where are you going?” I ask her.

“Restroom.” She says and leaves. I waited and waited. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. The food even came out and noona didn’t come back. Did she ditch me? The food is almost cold now and she still isn’t back.

I look at the clock and noticed that she hasn’t been back for twenty minutes now...Then she came back from a different direction from where she left. “Noona where were you?” I ask.

“I was in the restroom.”

“For twenty minutes!” I say annoyed.

“Calm down birthday boy.” She waves her hand and the waitress comes to us. “Can you reheat our food for us?” I waitress nods and grabs our plates and returned in less that five minutes. We then start to eat and my annoyance started to ease down. “So, what is SHINee?”

“You know noona, don’t act.” I laugh.

“Huh?”

“Of course you know what SHINee is.”

“Yeah I do, but what exactly is it?”

“Is this a trick question?” I ask confused.

“Forget it.” She says.

“Noona-”

“Taemin, I know it’s your birthday and all, but you don’t need to call me noona.”

“Then what should I call you then?”

“Whatever you want.”

“I want to call you noona.” I confirm to her.

“Oh Taemin...” She shakes her head. We continue eating.

“Noona, how long have you been dancing for?”

“I’m not sure...After the accident maybe...” She whispers the second part but I still heard her.

“What do you mean?”

“I had an accident years ago and my leg started to have problems. Then...I don’t know...I got bored and started to dance.

“Wow, what happened to you legs then?”

“Well, it’s a long story.”

“I have all day. You can tell me.”

“Okay then...Well, it all happened in my dark ages- when I was fifteen. I was a very bad person who hung out with bad people. In other words- I was a thug. I use to go out a night and go to partying areas to fight and start problems. In those type of places there are lots of fights to see who is the strongest in the area and you get to become the boss of the place. I beat up all of the winners and became the boss. Everyone in my school and other popular people knew how strong I was and never bothered me.

“Then one day I met Dubu...”

 

Flashback~

 

“Kid give us your money!” The school bully kicks the scrawny boy on the ground.

“I have no money!” He yells in pain.

“Nerd, we know you’re rich. Cough up the money or I’lll force it outta ya.” The bully and the crew start punching and ripping the boy’s uniform.

“Yo fatso!” A voice from behind screams.

“Who are you?” The bully looks at her.

“Big brother, that’s the boss of the Nightly Devils.” His friend says.

“Stupid name, He laughs Boss?” He smirks. “Let’s see how good you really are!” He attacks.

 

End of Flashback~

 

“And so I beat him up, I became Dubu’s personal bodyguard, and only friend. The whole school was afraid of me.”

“That doesn’t explain the accident.” I point out.

“There’s more. Anyways, since I was famous to those type of people, they challenge me to fight a lot. I never lost and never was bored until the formal Nightly Devils’ boss wanted her thrown back.

 

Flashback~

 

“Hello there.” She greets me.

“What do you want?” I say annoyed.

“My rank back. You came way after me and you think that you can overpower me!”

“If you want it that bad I can-”

“You are to give it back to me.”

Excuse me! I was going to give it back to you but I don’t want to anymore. Go and be your own boss of the failures.”

“That does it!” The formal boss snaps and Dubu gets pulled out from the crowd.

“You dirty bastard!” I yell and attack the others. A knocked out most of them until Dubu lets out a scream making me look at him. There was a knife next to his neck an a small line of blood.

“I dare you.” They smirk. I let go of the trash I was holding and turn to them.

“Fine. Fine. If you want your thrown back the go ahead. Give me back Dubu.” I sigh.

“Oh is he your boyfriend? No. No. No. I’m not letting you go that easily after you embarrassed me. All you need to do is stay still and let my boys do the job, then you can leave.”

“Fine, do whatever you want.”

“NO! Ha Neul don’t do it!” Dubu yells at me. “Don’t do it! Leave!”

“Oh how sweet of you.” The boss sings. “Get her.” She orders. I stay still for my friend’s sake and let them beat me up. “Halt!” The boss puts her hands up and walks towards me while I am forced to look at her face. “Let’s see you act tough now!” She spat at me. Her boys grabbed my and threw me to the wall of bricks. The wall shatters and the bricks fall on me covering the lower half of my body. I yell in pain as Dubu screams and everything turned into darkness.

 

End of Flashback~

 

“My parents didn’t give a damn about me and let me bleed to death as they go to a party while my uncle and Dubu brought me to a hospital. My bones were basically smashed but I still had a chance of putting it back together. Dubu- who’s very rich- paid the doctor and hospital lots of money to save my feet. I recovered faster than normal people and started to walk again. But my feet and power will never come back.” She sighs. “Now I found a new hobby- dancing. Then I started to dance and change my style of living. I moved in with my uncle and threw my name away, that’s it.”

“What do you mean that’s it!? Your story is so painful! You only lost because those people played dirty tricks!” I yell despite the people staring. “Wait- what did you say Dubu called you?”

“Nothing.”

“No it wasn’t...It was your name wasn’t it!”

“No.”

“Yes it was!”

“Just shut up and eat!” She says and we continue chewing. Once in a while a fan would pass by and give me a present and hug me while asking for an autograph. My table has some pink fluffy presents stacked on top of it now...

“Are you done eating?” Mystery noona asks. I nod and push my plate aside. She then gets up to my side and covers my eyes. “Wait for it.” she whispers and lets go of my eyes. In front of me is a small fancy cake that had one candle in the center. “Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday you. Taeminnie who I love, happy birthday to you~” Noona sings the birthday song.

“Noona, you love me?”

“Silly, it’s only part of the song. Now hurry up and blow your candle.” I close my eyes and make a wish. I wish that I will find out noona’s name and we can continue to be friends. I blow out the candles and she claps. “Cut the cake now~” She passes me a small knife. I cut the small cake in half and give her the prettier half. We eat some more and talk on and on.

 

 

SHINee POV~

 

 

“How can Taeminnie be so heartless and not invite us.” Key sighs as they stare at Taemin and the girl.

“That cake looks good.” Jonghyun pouts.

“Taemin wants to have his own time that’s all. I mean, it is his birthday.” Minho points out.

“Hey, have you seen Onew?”

 

Onew’s Place~

 Onew is still laying there where Taemin left him. “Such a heartless maknae.” He whispers and lays on the grass.  

 

 

A/N: Comment and suscribe~