Coming to an End

The Cell Phone

 

 

 

Minho's POV~

 

“Found it.” Key says quickly before unfolding the letter Onew left under Taemin's pillow. “Okay, I'm going to read it out loud.” Key's hands are shaking. “Dear SHINee, it's me. I know it's sudden, but I told our manager. I don't think I'll make it back to you. I've decided to let go of my animal form. It may not be a success, but I'm growing back my human form...” Key stops reading and tears up.

“What's wrong?” I ask him, taking the letter. I look at the letter and blood has smeared the remaining words. Whose blood? Onew's? Taemins? Who? “I don't get it...How does Taemin and Jonghyun know Onew won't be coming back?”

“You don't know, do you?” I shake my head. “Growing back his human form means he's killing something that's already dead. His animal can't survive. Do you think he can grow himself back? That choice is suicide!” Key sobs sadly.

“Open! Open the door! Pali!” I heard loud knocking and yelling from the living room. I rush to the door and open it. Jonghyun and Taemin rush in with their bodies covered in blood. Immediately Taemin collapses and I catch him. His body is cold and shaking violently.

“What happened to him?” Key asks Jonghyun.

“Help him to the couch.” Jonghyun says and runs over to the couch and spreads burnt pieces of parchment on the table. I help Taemin on the couch and immediately he screams and a bright light flashes from his eyes and he touches each piece. Words glow on it and the paper moves around by itself, reorganizing itself. Slowly, the paper seals together and Taemin falls down, unconscious.

“What. Just. Happened?” I ask Jonghyun while holding the dying maknae.

“Taemin and I used our animal skills and found the portal to that monster's house. We fought and fought. Finally, we found her.” Jonghyun says while breathing harshly. His side it deeply cut....I just noticed.

“So you have that lady? Where is she? With her, we can actually reverse the curse and cure-”

“She'd dead.” Jonghyun cuts off Key with this horrible news.

“D-dead? What do you mean dead?!” Key stands up and takes the large parchment.

“When Taemin and I passed the obstacles, we saw here body laying on this huge block of ice. She was dead, we're sure of it. Taemin wanted to take her back anyways so we can figure things out, but the minute he touched her, the body turned into dust and flew everywhere. It floated and went inside Taemin's mouth. He started shaking and told me to take him back.” Jonghyun explains.

“Is Taemin going to be okay?” I ask.

“He recovered. He's no longer cursed.” Key says.

“What?” Jonghyun stands up and looks at the parchment. Key points at the blanks circles on it and then points to the one with a bird printed in the center.

“There are five circles, one for each SHINee member I'm assuming.” Key starts. “This circle is burnt- Onew's circle.” Key explains sadly. “His animal died, so he's out of the cycle drawn on this picture. This, the last circle, is Taemin's The bird is printed here, and so, Taemin lost his animal powers. Since he carried her soul, he was lucky enough to be cured first...but...I'm not sure how he will wake up...” Key bites his lip.

“Who does this blank space belong to?” Jonghyun points at a glowing spot.

“I'm not sure...It looks-” A burning sensation tackles my heart. I groan and clutch my chest and fall on the floor. A little after, the pain stops. I look up and see Key and Jonghyun staring at me worriedly. “Minho, this is your circle...” Key confirms. I stand up with Jonghyuns help and see the half burnt spot.

“What's the meaning of this?” I ask.

“Since the soul was released, the animals are dying faster...At this rate, I don't know when our creatures will die...when we die. You can't guess anymore.” Taemin mumbles while sitting up.

“Taemin, are you better now?” Key sits next to him.

“When the soul went inside me...I had a vision.” Taemin slowly says.

“What is it Taemin-ah?” I ask and sit next to him as well.

“I saw a baby was born. The witch was cradling it and passed the child to this couple. I then saw the baby grow up quickly and formed into someone who looked like the witch. I then saw the girl's life...I saw her in this accident, nearly killing her. I saw her grow a few more years and I see her beating thugs...I then saw her in front of our doorstep and-”

“Ha Neul.” Key breathes out in shock.

“You're not lying to us are you Taemin?” Jonghyun asks.

“Of course not!” Taemin nods and sighs. “I saw more than that though...”

“What else Taem?” Jonghyun asks. I think the information is bothering him a lot.

“I saw-” Taemin screams loudly and clutches his throat and falls back onto the couch unconscious.

 

Onew's POV~

 

“STOP!” Ha Neul screams as Dubu was about to break my spine.

“What is it?” Dubu asks.

“I just felt...I think he's cured...I- I.” Ha Neul falls down and I catch her.

“Cured? What is she talking about?” I ask Dubu. He bites his lip harshly, nearly drawing blood. “What is it Dubu?”

“The soul's released...” Dubu falls on the ground, shaking.

“Whose soul?” I ask him, laying Ha Neul down.

“Her soul.”

“What? Dubu, stop acting so mysterious! Just tell me already. I deserve to know.”

“I just don't know how to explain it to you...I just don't”

“Try.”

“Look...Ha Neul...isn't who she thinks she is...He mother was the witch that cursed you! It's all because he mother knew her future...she knew that SHINee would mess up her daughter's fate...”

“What are you talking about? Dubu, spit it out.”

“Her mother wanted to raise her daughter just like how she was. She wanted her daughter to be alone and even hate the world so one day she could become a witch just like her...But when she checked out her daughter's fate...she saw that her daughter will happily live with you.”

“Me?”

“It wasn't a coincidence that you were suppose to die first Onew. You and Ha Neul are meant to be. Her mother couldn't accept it and went against fate...so she cursed you and even brought an end to her life! She wanted her daughter to be feared. She wanted her to rule the world.”

“That's absurd.”

“It's true. Why would I lie about this?”

“Then why did she faint?”

“Her mother's soul is angry, no other reason. Ha Neul's a witch after all, she has connections with souls.”

“Does this mean SHINee's curse is lifted?”

“Not exactly...Since her soul is released, the curse is quicker...”

“Does this mean we have to find the cure faster?”

“Onew, you don't get it do you?”

“Get what?”

“To release her soul, the cure has to be found.”

“That means-”

“SHINee has found the cure.”

“This is great! Now we just have to go with the original plan!” I happily cheer.

“I believe you're right...This twist in fate is coming to an end.”

 

 

Sorry it’s short...I tried. I think that I’m going to end this story soon. I’m not feeling it when I write it anymore. Sorry guys. :( Please comment!