Fate's Grasp

The Cell Phone

 

 

 

 

I'm not sure, but seeing lack of comments and failed explanations, I feel that last chapter doesn't fit into the story one bit. The purpose why I did it is to introduce the gang of men again and SHINee's animal senses, but I guess I did that badly. SO I DELETED THE LAST CHAPTER~ SO if possible, please forget what I wrote last chapter! ^_^ This chapter is going to replace the chapter I wrote last time in which I have deleted~ Sorry it's not long, but I tried TT^TT

 

 

Last chapter's ending:

“SHINee will never leave each other.” Taemin smiles.

“Not even death can separate us.” I smile and start the group hug, bringing Onew hyung to tears.

“D-dont cry, or else I will cry too!” Key starts sobbing on Onew's shoulder.

“S-stop, I'm going to c-cry!” Jonghyun also breaks into tears. At this point, SHINee is just one big wet and soggy mess.

 

 

Start of new chapter:

 

 

 

 

Onew's POV~

 

To be honest, I don't actually understand the purpose of keeping her around anymore. Is it because Ha Neul saved me or just because we need her to save us. I feel what we're putting in her hands is totally unfair. She saved my life without knowing me, had to deal with me constantly bothering her, and now we're putting our lives in her hands. Is this fair? It's not...nothing is. It's unfair that we are cursed, unfair that we're powerless, unfair that Ha Neul is so close but so far. All I caused for her was a waste of time. Why did she have to save me that day? Why is fate playing with me?

I look at her cell phone in my palms and its screen. I have merely twelve days to live now; what's the point to keep this anymore? I use her phone and ordered a chicken box from OFC and made sure Ha Neul is the deliverer. Not too long after, Ha Neul parks outside of our dorm and rings the doorbell.

“I'm sorry we've kept your phone so long, here.” I show her the cell phone and she simply pushes my hand backwards, a gesture telling me to keep it.

“I already bought a new cell with my pay, there's no need.” She simply says and gives me the chicken box. “Since you were nice enough to fix and return it to me, I'll pay for the chicken. Enjoy eating it Jinki.” She smiles again and walks down the stairs and drives off.

She smiled at me. My chest somehow is feeling almost like a ripping sensation. Instead of my heart thumping excitedly, I feel pain, not happiness. For some reason, I feel like I won't see her smile ever again. It's almost like a goodbye smile. Will I ever see her again? I don't think she meant it that way, but I know it. I already made my choice anyways. I'm leaving. Thank you Ha Neul for smiling at me; it's a nice goodbye present. Time to confess our situation to manager hyung.

 

“Key's a snake, Minho's a phoenix, Taemin's a bird, Jonghyun's a wolf, and you only have twelve days to live?!” Our manager's face turns a sickly green and falls down onto our couch.

“Yes.” I answer slowly, afraid he'll completely pass out.

“I can't believe this.” He says more to himself.

“I'm not lying to you manager.” I bow.

“I'm so going to be fired.” He massages his temples painfully.

“I'm sorry we didn't tell you sooner.” I bow lower.

“Stop bowing, you're sick.” He painfully says, tearing up. “Can I help you in any way?”

“Yes, there is.”

 

Taemin's POV~

 

“I'm home!” I walk in taking my shoes off. “Hello?” I say louder. “Isn't Onew hyung suppose to be home?” I ask no one in particular. “Onew hyung?!” I yell to the empty dorm. I look around and see no trace of him. Lazily, I lay on my bed and rest my eyes. Onew hyung should show up later...right?

I open my eyes and realize that I had accidentally fallen asleep. It is now almost time for my next schedule with all of my hyungs as well. I get up and stretch, rubbing my eyes as well. I go to the bathroom, wash up, and go to the kitchen. I should get something to eat before the next schedule. I open the fridge and look inside. Chicken box? When did we ever had old delivery chicken in our dorm? I take the cold box out and take off the cap, ready to take some out and heat them up.

Instead of finding delicious and cold chicken, inside is a small letter with a cell phone in it. “Ha Neul noona's phone?” I ask myself out loud and open the letter, reading it. I read the note once more, much slower than last time, taking in every word. Onew hyung, please don't leave us.

 

Minho's POV~

 

“Who was that Taebaby?” Key asks.

“That was Onew hyung.” Taemin says smiling, his eyes glossed with a faded light.

“What did Onew say?” I ask him sternly.

“He said he's getting things settled, he might come back in a week or so.” Taemin nods slightly, lying in my face.

“That's good, his due date is coming up as well.” Jonghyun says. “Three days left.” He nods. “I'm glad he's finding a cure.”

“Yeah.” Taemin nods slowly while getting up. “I'm going to take a shower now, see you.” He exits the living room.

“I hate Taemin lying, he looks so tired.” Key sighs.

“I hope he'll tell us the truth...Onew can't just find a cure randomly...right? Besides, as a leader, he would of told us before leaving.” Jonghyun says. “It's just not his style.”

“Do you think something bad happened? I mean...Taemin never lies to us like that, at least not something this important...” Key bites his bottom lip.

“How did the researching go?” I ask Jonghyun.

“No luck.” He shakes his head.

“What can we do?” Key puts his head down. “We just can't talk it out of Taemin.”

“That's just what we'll do.” I say and stand up, passing Jonghyun a towel. “Act natural.” I smile and gesture him to go to Taemin.

“Natural.” Jonghyun nods and proceeds.

 

Jonghyun's POV~

 

“Taemin-ah, can I borrow your face wash?” I ask him as I enter his room. Taemin frantically hide something under his pillow. “I thought you were going to shower.”

“Y-yeah.” He nods and forces a smile. “I was just getting my bed ready.”

“I see.” I sit down next to him. “I would of asked Onew for his facial wash...but he's not here so...” I awkwardly say.

“I see.” Taemin says and passes me the bottle. “Here hyung.”

“Spit it out.” I fold my arms. “You've been acting strange and Onew has been gone way too long. His schedules have been canceled and he hasn't contacted any of us.” He turns his body, facing the wall. I turn him around and make him look straight at me. “We're worried Taem. Whether it's good or bad news you have to tell us. Onew's our leader too. He's our brother as well. You can't just let us be so clueless. We want to help him, support him, and you're not letting us.” I put my hands and his arms with a pleading look. He sighs and we both sit down on his bed.

“Onew hyung...Isn't coming back hyung.” He says, taking out a folded piece of paper from under his pillow, passing it to me. I unfold I carefully and read. Onew really isn't coming back after all...

 

Onew's POV~

 

“Ahhh!” I scream in agony as Dubu does the routine again.

“Come on Onew, you have to stay awake. Stay awake!” He pinches me hard and continues. I hear a loud crack and instantly fall numb. My limbs, my pain, everything turned numb. “You did it.” Dubu says and rubs the ointment on my back. It has been over a week and his treatment hasn't taken affect yet. Dubu has helped my regrow my human bones for so long and breaking and replacing them over and over again. Manager hyung hasn't found the woman yet and the company has been informed of our...situation. Luckily, we lessened the danger in the explanation and took out more than half of the truth. Manager hyung isn't fired, I might be able to live, and if we find the woman, they all will be cured.

Poor Taemin, our poor poor maknae. I bet he's worried sick right now. Manager hyung told me he hasn't been eating for days and fainting up and down throughout the day after performances. He's worried, sick, and tired. Turns out he's the next one on the list of deaths. His animal is dying quickly as well. Somehow he managed to hide it from the others, but of course the manager noticed. Ha Neul has been visiting me for days now. Everyday she would offer me her help and even begs for her aid. She and Dubu had discussed about our situation. She wants to go with the old idea, but I won't agree with her.

“There are four doors on the mountain. South, North, East, and West have a section of the cure and by sundown, you must all meet up in the center and drink from the sacred streams and read the spell.

I remember Dubu saying. Too bad the spell is half burnt, we can't find the real woman who cursed us, and no one can replace her. If Ha Neul helps, chances are, she can die with the animals inside SHINee. Danger is near, and I don't want her in fate's grasp. I have to face it head on.

 

Jonghyun's POV~

 

“C-can we try?” Our maknae tears up and croaks.

“You're much too weak...Your animal self is loosing it Taem.” I shake my head.

“I have time, at least we have to help Onew hyung first.” He gives me a pleading face.

“I'm scared that if you come-”

“I can take care of myself. I'm young, but I have my own strengths.” Taemin stands up.

“Alright, I just hope letting you follow me isn't a mistake.”

“It's not, I promise.”

 

Outside the Walls~

“Repeat the checklist to me one more time.” I tell Taemin.

“One, we must get through the barriers. Two, we must pass through the agents. Three, we need to get pass the hideout. Lastly, we have to get the woman before anything happens.” Taemin repeats slowly.

“Alright, here goes nothing.” I hold his hand and we both step into the invisible force, sending us back to the prison we were in years ago.

 

 

 

Any questions? Confusions? ASK AWAY~ COMMENT PLEASE~ I promise to reply and try to help you as much as I can!
Tell me what you're thinking~ See you next time!