No Pressure

The Cell Phone

 

 

Taemin's POV~

 

I open my burning eyes slowly. The bright sun nearly blinds my eyes. I wince, close them, and once again try to open my eyes, little by little. I groan and rub my temples, sitting up. My spine feels a sharp burning sensation and I fall back a bit, supported by the wall. I look around and see that I am on a stone bed. I am currently in a cave full of mist and plants surrounding the room. “Hyung?” I say with my dry throat. “Anyone?” No reply. With my weak legs, I stand up and walk to the threshold of the cave.

I really hate sleeping. Dreams. Just because of those pesky dreams we had to go through all of this. That stupid Dream Eater. That damned witch. I wish I can enter her dreams and destroy her, but too late, she's already dead.

“Taemin-ah, you're awake!” Onew hyung embraces me and leads me back to the rocky bed. “Do you feel any different? Are you hurt anywhere? Is there anything I can do? Do you think that your curse is lifted? What did you see when she possessed you?! Does your head hurt? Can you-” I stop hyung by putting my finger on his lips.

“It would be nice if you calm down, my head hurts.” I smile.

“Mianhae!” He frowns sadly.

“Hyung, are you fine?” I ask him, looking at his body for any differences.

“Like you, my cure has lifted.” Hyung smiles but then frowns.

“What's wrong?”

“Minho just fainted again...I think that the curse is much faster now. Minho can barely talk correctly. Since he is a phoenix, the fire of the creature will burn his soul until it finally burns away...I'm worried. We were cured out of luck, but he-”

“We'll find a way. I think that that woman wasn't as powerful as she thought she was. I think I can consider her as an idiot.”

“Wae?”

“Hyung, if she already guessed that SHINee will foil her plans, shouldn't she expect her daughter to help us? Besides, she died too early to make her daughter powerful. If Ha Neul had powers, she would of destroyed things, but without proper training, she is nothing but a powerful person, nothing else.” I say. “A curse?” I spit on the floor disgustingly. “This curse is nothing but a small nightmare in this wondrous dream.” I stand up with my sore legs and yell at the soul lurking somewhere. “I will show you that your life and goal, is nothing but a joke to our human kind.”I smile at the air and trot outside, running with my weak legs to the people in the tent outside.

“Taeminnie!” Key hyung yells happily and tries to embrace me but I move away. I run straight to Minho hyung who is lying on the tent bed. I hum the same spell I heard her mutter before she died and a bright green light flashes over Minho hyung's face. His body shakes and later stops, indicating that he should be safe...for now.
“What was that?”Jonghyun hyung asks in shock.

“Ha Neul noona.” I say her name and turn to look at her. I walk over to her and press the acupuncture points that her mother locked when she was born. Being possessed by the soul has helped me gain control over her memories until all of the curses has been lifted.

“What did you just do?” She asks me.

“The Dream Eaters tenth generation, congratulations, you've finally awaken.” I say and feel my body jerk forward and fall backward. My mind finally clears and my sight darkens as I fall unconscious.

 

Three Hours Later~

 

I wake up and look around. My vision is blurry and my body feels as if I had walked through a burning flame. I rubs my head and try to focus my vision. “He's awake.” I hear Dubu say as he wipes my forehead with a wet towel.

“Ha Neul noona, did you set up the equipment?” I ask her, letting the witches memory guide me.

“Yes I did, we just need to wait for Minho now.” She says and sits down.

“What's the plan?” Jonghyun hyung asks.

“I'll explain how the curse was charmed on us.” I say and start the explanation. “These witches are most powerful when the person is sleeping. They use our mental selves when we're dreaming to manipulate us and find our weaknesses, making us unable to fight back. During the trip, we fell asleep and she took the chance to steal our souls. During that time, everything was paused. She controlled our limbs and made us her servant to see our characteristics. The animals she sent to us were five creatures the witches or Dream Eaters use to away one's life and soul.”

“Because of this, you guys slowly die, the more you overwork yourself, the faster it is. Onew was a different case.” Ha Neul noona adds.

“She sent the most powerful being into Onew hyung so he won't be able to last long before meeting noona.” I say. “Long story short, we have to reverse the routine and follow what Dubu told us before, but through our dreams.”

“Not just any dream though.” Ha Neul noona says. “It has to be the same dream you had on the day she captured you.”

“Impossible!” Jonghyun hyung whines. “Like I can remember what I dream about. Not to mention it was right before I nearly died.” He folds his arms.

“Well we have to make it possible. In this situation, there is no such thing as extra time or second chances.” Minho hyung says, supported by Onew hyung at the threshold.

“I forgot to tell you Little Devil's role in this situation!” Dubu chimes and helps sits Minho hyung down.

“What is it?” Key hyung asks.

“T

here are four doors on the mountain. South, North, East, and West have a section of the cure and by sundown, you must all meet up in the center and drink from the sacred streams and read the spell.Onew hyung recites Dubu from the last time we talked to him.

“Yes yes!”Dubu says and then slowly adds. “Little Devil will be the person guiding the stream He'r role is to send your souls off to the four doors and by sundown- like I’ve said- the souls must return to the bodies, or all of your hard work will be useless. Oh! I also forgot to mention! The four doors are past, present, future, and dreams. You will finally follow fate's path if you do so.” Dubu nods.

“Sounds easy enough.” Onew nods.

“Not so fast, I don't know how to do this! I've never been a witch before!” Noona says loudly.

“But now you are and you will do wha you can. We don't have another chance, the deadline for Minho is today.” Key says.

“I- I'll t-try my best.” She says.

“Are lives are in your hands Ha Neul noona.” I say.
“No pressure.” Jonghyun adds in smiling.

“No pressure.” Noona reapeats slowly and open the spell books.

 

 

Care to comment? ^^