Nothing As It Seems

The Cell Phone

 

Ha Neul’s POV~ 

 

I stretch my arms out and stand on my tippy-toes and stretch my whole body. For the whole day I’ve been laying on my bed for more than twelve hours and it’s still not work time yet. Work has been actually more fun than I thought. It helps time pass by quicker and I am growng more strong from the consecutive deliveries. I look at the clock and noticed that work will start in about an half an hour. Finally.

I change into my uniform and carry my chicken helmet on my shoulder. “I’m leaving now~” I yell to my uncle as I close he door. I hear a faint “goodbye” and continue walking away from my house. I walk to Dubu’s house and walk with him to work. With all of our talking and laughing, we reach to the fast food restaurant five minutes late, despite the fact the shop is blocks away from Dubu’s house.

“Finally you guys came! Delivery Girl, can you work longer today? One of our Delivery Boys are out sick so we’re missing a person to work.” I look at our manager and an eyebrow. I work double and get nothing in return? “We’ll add the tips and his part of the paycheck to your bill.” He adds.

“Okay then, where do I deliver first?” I smile.

“To the original place, you know, our daily customer.” He shakes his head.

“Alright, I’ll be back in a few.” I grab the massive load of chicken and put them into the basket. I drive the usual route to Jinki’s house to deliver his chicken. I get off the vehicle, get the chicken, and as I was walking up the stairs, the door suddenly opens due to the daily routine.

“Hello Mystery Girl.” Jinki smiles.

“Sup Onew-”

“Jinki!” He coughs.

“Sup Jinki, here’s your chicken.” I pass him the food.

“Here’s the money, enjoy the rest of your day!” He passes me the money and waves goodbye. Oh stop acting already..I know you are going to order more chicken in five hours...I complain about him in my head. I drive to the usual route to get back to the shop, but get stop by a strange rush of burning air. I turn my head to the source of heat, and see a green light glowing in the nearby alleyway.

You know the saying, “curiosity kills the chicken,” I park the vehicle near the alley, and walk to the glowing light. it’s strange how no one else is noticing the weird light, I mean...It’s like in your face for crying out loud! I walk in the glowing alleyway and follow the path. A sudden breeze pushes me to a stop in front of the glowing being. I look at the being in front of me...

I hear a strange muffling noise and look around seeing no one. I cannot step close to the being due to the heat it’s creating. I take my helmet and throw it at the thing just to see if it moves- if it does, I run. The green thing twitches and the light lessens and I begin to see the face of the glowing creature...It is...Kibum? SHINee’s Almighty Key is the glowing hot ball of green? I walk closer to him and tap his oddly wet shoulder. “YAH! Kim Kibum!” I shake him. He groans. “Yah! SHINee’s Key, wake up!” He winces. “Almighty Key wake up!” With that his eyes shoot open and he gets up staring at me.

“M-Mystery Girl?” He asks.

“No, it’s your mom.” I look at him. “Why were you laying here? Don’t you have a schedule or somewhere else to sleep- like a bed?!” I fold my arms.

“I was sleeping? I thought I was walking towards the changing room-” He stops as he looks around seeing brick walls of the alleyway. “What the!?”

“You see what I mean now?” I raise an eyebrow.

“Why am I here?” He asks.

“Didn’t I already ask you that? Seriously, idols tend to repeat things don’t they?” I shake my head hearing the repeating choruses of random songs. “By the way, you were glowing.”

“Glowing?”

“Glowing brighter than a green glowing stick. Seriously, you were hot!”

“Thanks~” He flips his bangs.

“Not that way you dope! You were hot, like fire hot! I only found you here because the heat attracted me, not to sound weird or anything...” I whisper the second part.

“I....I was hot?” He asks worryingly.

“Yeah.” I simply nod.

“I see.” He gulps. “Excuse me...I have to got back to the SHINee dorm...” He mumbles as his legs shake with every step he takes.

“I can bring you back to your dorm if you want, my motorcycle’s nearby-”

“No need...Thanks for finding me Ha Neul...” He whispers and walks off.

“Okay? That was weird....” I say to myself.

I get on my motorcycle and dive back to the shop but again I was interrupted by a sudden loud scream. I stop the bike and close my eyes focusing my ears and try to sense the direction the scream was from. Northeast. I run to the nearby alley and see red flames flickering in the distance. Again, I am pretty stupid when it comes to danger...I walk to the flames and see the source of the scream- Choi Minho. His usual large doe-eyes are flaming and him face looks so raged and strange. My hands reach for the flame and it all extinguishes. I take a grab at Minho’s arm and pull him up slapping his face.

“YAH!! Wake up you flaming weirdo!” I slap him to his senses. The flames in his eyes flicker off and he stands up.

“Bye Ha Neul!” He runs off after waving at me.

“Okay?” I think out loud. “He’s even weirder than that Kim Kibum...” I shake my head annoyingly and return to my vehicle. Just like the last two times...I am interrupted again, this time, by a ghostly voice telling me to stop and come to it...So I do. I park the bike again and walk to the nearby alleyway and see another SHINee member- Kim Jonghyun. Now he is so weird...I mean, he’s surrounded by crystals and diamond-like broken glass. Unlike the other members, he just got up, and walked on by after mumbling my unspoken name.

“I swear, if I meet another SHINee member in an alleyway I’m gonna ignore him and drive away.” I grumble as I start the motorcycle for the nth time.

“Ha Neul~” I hear a sweet whisper in the wind.

“Ignoring!” I scream to whoever it was earning some strange looks from other drivers. I am not stopping. I tell myself, but I stop anyways because of my lack of motor gas- or so I thought...The angelic wind push my vehicle through turns and hills and stop when I reach the next alleyway. “I’m not going in there.” I fold my arms and look at the metallic aura. The wind complains and carries me to yet another SHINee member- Lee Taemin.

“Hi Ha Neul noona!” He waves at me.

“What do you want?” I raise an eyebrow.

“You saw us didn’t you?” he asks.

“Saw who?” I ask.

“Our change...Our auras....” He looks away.

“Yeah, you can say that, care to explain?” I tilt my head.

“Noona, SHINee’s lives are in danger.”

“Danger?”

“There’s something unnatural or supernatural about us...mostly Onew hyung...” He furrows his eyebrows.

“What is it?” I look at him.

“We aren’t human.”

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Yes yes yes, very short update, but it’s good enough right? I mean, this is the hardest story to write for me right now, I really don’t know what will happen next in the story, it’s just the random thoughts I get that control the story. Do you guys mind the story getting supernatural? If there’s a problem then please tell me, if you like the idea then great! ^^ Okay, please comment, I really want some coments to help me right of keep up the spirit, I don’t like disappointing my readers and subscribers. PLEASE COMMENT!