This Can't Be

The Cell Phone

 

 

Ha Neul's POV~

 

“There are four doors on the mountain. South, North, East, and West have a section of the cure and by sundown, you must all meet up in the center and drink from the sacred streams and read the spell.I repeat Dubu's words for the nth time. I'm just too nervous! What if I mess up? What if I was the reason SHINee disappeared from the entertainment business...from this world! Shawols around the world would murder me! Ottoke?!

“Don't think negatively.” Onew places a hand on my should and squeezes lightly, giving me support.

“Don't think negatively.” I repeat nodding.

“Focus.” Taemin gives me one of his supportive smiles.

“Focus.” I repeat him and force a smile.

“You will always be our hero, no matter what.” Minho says and gives me a supportive nod.

“A hero.” I repeat him and nod.

“Hwaiting!” Jonghyun motions and I do the same, repeating him.

“Thanks for not abandoning us.” Key says and quickly hugs me and joins the other four, laying side by side by age on the marbled floor.

“Little Devil, don't disappoint me, I'm a huge Shawol.” Dubu winks and turns the fifth candle at the right angle.

The five candles each represent each SHINee member. Each member prick their finger and drip a drop of blood onto the candle and the wick immediately burns. I have to make sure the flame is always burning through this process, or else that person would die. There is a small knife next to me in case the flame extinguishes. Each candle has a dark red flame, resembling their blood. The candles are placed around me in a semicircle each candle on top of each SHINee member's chest over their heart.

I breath heavily. I use my shaky hands and cut my palms so a bit of blood is drawn. I clap my hands together and intertwine the fingers. “Close your eyes.” I tell the five men and they do so. I'm afraid...I'm afraid if I mess up, they will stay like that forever and never wake up...I'm afraid all of their hardships are for nothing...Please grant me this wish. Please let them wake up as themselves...as humans.

I take another deep breath and cross my legs, sitting in front of the scroll. Dubu sits down behind me and crosses his legs as well. He is my assistant. He will help and give me more power during the process.

I pull my hands apart from each other and bend both my middle fingers and place my thumb on top of it, almost like a meditation pose. Dubu does the same. I lift my hands up with the same position and have my wrists touch each other, turn my hands in a circular motion, and concentrate, making an energy spell. A yellow light forms and slowly trails off and land on each members' forehead and sink into their minds. This is it. I close my eyes and see everything the SHINee members see. Taemin is heading to the north. Onew is heading to the south. Key has entered the East. Jonghyun has walked through the center. Minho has slowly walked through the west door. It's all up to them now.

 

Taemin's POV~

 

I'm back! I can't believe we did it! I'm back to where I was first changed into an animal, where the old witch's prison was! Too bad the north did not have the cure, but I guess one of my hyungs will find it. I walk around the chains and stare at them...well...more like glare at them. Those cold metal chains are the ones that chained us to the horrendous reality. Years. It has been years that we haven't been true human. I hate it. I hate that witch. I hate these chains. I hate my human weaknesses. If It wasn't because of me being human, I wouldn't of fallen asleep and she would of not been able to hurt us.

I grab the chains and yank on them hard, wanting to break them into a million pieces. I can't. I'm human now. I can't possibly use any powers to break this curse. I can't possibly smash all of my anger. I can't possibly help my hyungs now...I am all but human. I try to let go of the chain and look around for a solution, but my hand is stuck to the chain! Slowly it slithers around my wrists and move around to my other arm and my legs as well. I'm trapped. I am chained to this wall just like the first time I came here. I should of known! I try to yank the chain off but it tightens on my wrists and ankles, nearly drawing blood. These chains are much different than the ones from before. They're alive.

 

Minho's POV~

 

I don't think I can make it. I can barely walk on my own. My legs are shaking and I can no longer walk straight. My vision gets blurry and then clear again. The room seems to be spinning and never resting. I can't focus on the floor to be able to walk normally. I can't breath in too hard unless I want to feel the burning sensation in my lungs. My eyes are watery for some odd reason and my arms feel as if it weighs a ton.

I shake my head to try to clear my vision, but it turns out I made it ten times worse. I feel as if I will cough out blood. My throat burns as well as every internal organ in my body. My eyelids want to close meaning my time is near. No. I don't want to die yet. I don't care how weak I sound right now. It's not fair. I'm way too young. No, this isn't fair. I haven't been able to get a family, have children, and I can't just leave! I can't leave my family, I can't leave SHINee, I can't leave my fans, I can't leave Earth! Focus Minho, focus. You have to keep your eyes open.

My eyes are blocked and stinging. I try to cover them to see if it'll help. Turns out, they were bleeding. There is blood dripping down the sides of my face. I am breaking into cold sweat. I put my shaky hands down and try to use them as support to walk around the room. I can't slack and ignore my quest. I have to be able to live and meet up with all of SHINee members and drink from the stream. Even though the west did not have the cure, one of the members are bound to find it. I hope well see each other soon though. I don't think I can last much longer.

 

Key's POV~

 

I seriously thought I was going to be the one to find the cure, but I guess not. The east sounded pretty cool to me...I walk into the door at the end of the mountain and enter the room we were in years ago- the witch's prison. It hasn't changes. No dust, no cobwebs, nothing. Nothing has changed. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...

Stream. I don't see any stream here. I thought we were suppose to meet up and drink from a stream. We're indoors, how can we find a stream? Jjong...I wonder how he's doing tin the center door...Maybe he can find the cure. Dubu said nothing about the center door...Does that mean that it was all a trick? Questions questions questions...

I suddenly feel a shock inside of me. I immediately fall down to the hard ground and gasp for air. I think the curse is moving on to me. A sudden burning sensation spreads inside of me. I curl my body in pain and tighten my fists and close my eyes, hoping the pain will end soon. I think the toxic from my snake is affecting me. Please let the cure be here soon...I think my insides are tearing apart.

 

Jonghyun's POV~

 

Why in the world did I choose to go in the center? There was absolutely nothing there! And by nothing, I mean exactly nothing! I thought I was going to be there for the rest of my life! I was floating thin the middle of nothing! After at least twenty minutes, a door finally appears and I had to flap my wolf tail to actually come to the door! I'm so happy Earth has gravity!

I walk through the threshold and my feet touches solid ground. You have no idea how happy I am right now. Try floating in the middle of nothing with no internet, no service, no one to talk to, nothing at all! Painful. Never ever take the center door, unless you purposely want to punish yourself! Your enemy. You want your enemy there! Unless you have someone you absolutely hate with you, never ever let anyone or yourself go into the center door.

I finally recognize where I am! I'm in the same room I was in many years ago with the other SHINee members. Am I the first one here or something? I take another step and suddenly my legs fail me. My legs feel like someone has chopped them off! I can't move them and I scream in agony. The excruciating pain worsens every second. Why is this happening to me? Please don't tell me I'm going to die soon. Whoever has the cure, you better hurry up!

 

Onew's POV~

 

I run full speed to the door that appeared at the top of the mountain. I tighten my grip on the vial I found in the center of the south passage. My knuckles turned white from the tight grip on the bottle. No matter what it takes, I will not let this bottle out of my sight.

I open the door and dash into the witch's prison. Where is everyone? I can feel invisible eyes on me, but see nothing when I walk around. Frantically, I call the names of the four members. No reply. “Taemin! Minho! Key! Jonghyun!” I scream again as I hear screaming. Jonghyun, he's screaming. Key? I hear crying. I hear a angry scream and hear a loud bang. Taemin? I hear someone's shaky breath and freak out. Minho? Is Minho still alive? I frantically look around me seeing nothing ad screaming the members' names over and over again. Where can they be!?

“Ahh!” I hear a familiar voice and turn around, seeing Jonghyun on the ground hugging his legs. I quickly run over to him and look at him head to toe, looking for the wound. There is none...

I hear whimpering and turn around, seeing Key in the other side sobbing and muffling his screams. “Key!”

“Hyung!” I see Taemin appear into the room, chained into the wall.

“Taemin!” I yell his name in relief.

“Don't come near me!” He yells but it simply was too late. I was too close to him. The chains wrapped around him untangle themselves and fly towards me and wrap around me. They lace around my neck, my wrists, my waist, my ankles, simply holding me down. Taemin is currently still stuck on the wall while Jonghyun and Key are in pain. I look around and try to see if I can get any help. I hear a shaky breath and look around and finally see Minho who is on his knees and palms, trying to stay up.

“Minho!” I call his name and he painfully tilts his head up looking at me. His skin is pale and his head is dripping with sweat. I can see that just looking up has already used up all of his energy. “Please Minho, I know you're in pain but you have to. Please come here and grab the vial before it's too late!” Minho drops his head and groans while nodding his head slightly. He moves his weak arms and crawl towards me as quickly as his body can be. The chain around my wrist tightens harshly and draws some blood. It keeps on getting tighter and tighter around my wrist, making it painful to hold the vial. My hand is shaking with all of the strength it takes just to keep my grip on the vial.

“Minho, I can't hold on much longer.” I wince in pain while Minho slowly reaches for me. He is now directly in front of me. I try my best to stick my chained arm out more so Minho can reach for the vial. I can see the pain in his eyes. He is trying his best to reach up and grab the vial, but he simply can't stretch any more. His body is dying. I yell in pain as the chain tightens more and I can feel the hand slowly loosing feeling.

Minho uses all of his strength left and pushes his body upward and grabs the vial. With relief, I let go of the vial. Suddenly, Minho yells in pain and collapses, making the glass vial shatter onto the floor. It's over now.

 

Ha Neul's POV~

 

“No! No no no no no!” All of the flames extinguished and the candles fall over. No! Please don't do this! You have to live! We were so close! I cut my hands and drip my blood onto the wicks as fast as possibly. Nothing. Nothing happened. I sob into my bloody hands and still try to light up the candles. It's not working. The candles did not light up. The five shining men lay their lifelessly in front of me. Warm bitter tears stream down my cheeks. This can't be the end.

 

 

Comment please~!!!