Love Trumps Fear

Fear Itself

I love your hyper comments guys~~ xDD hohoho. keep it up? ;) Anyway, here you go the ninth chapter! Enjoy!

 

Sooyoung's POV

After I left Tiffany's apartment, which was after the heartbreaking wait on her doorstep after the truly epic kiss we shared after our gig, I drove around aimlessly all night. I somehow ended up at Jonghyun's at about 6am, not entirely sure how I got there. I was sitting out in my car, not sure what to do when I heard a soft tapping on my window. I looked up and saw a rather sleepy looking Jonghyun smiling sympathetically down at me.

I opened the door and climbed out unsteadily. Jonghyun didn't say a word. He just slung an arm around my shoulder and led me into the house. He sat me down on the sofa in his living room and sat down beside me, waiting for me to talk.

"So I tried to talk to her Jonghyun, but she wouldn't even let me in. I sat outside her front door for ages just listening to her cry through the door. She wouldn't say a word to me. I almost want to be angry at her, but I can't because all I can think about is how much she is hurting right now and how scared she is. maybe I shouldn't have kissed her, but nothing has ever felt so right before," I murmured as fresh tears began to fall from my eyes.

Jonghyun wrapped an arm around my shoulders and gave me a comforting squeeze, "Sooyoung I wish I had the words to say to make you feel better, I wish I could tell you what to do, but I can't. I think this thing with Tiffany runs deeper than anyone realizes. Tell me what do you think she's scared of?"

I thought about it for a second, "I think she's scared that I'm going to hurt her like Eunjung did or break up with her like Jessica did. I think she's also scared of disappointing her mother, although I have to say I have never met the woman and I hate her!"

Jonghyun chuckled, "Honey everyone hates Mrs. Hwang. She is evil personified and has done nothing but make her daughter's life a living hell. She is the reason it took Tiffany so long to agree to leave the world of classical music to do something she really loves." Jonghyun shook his head and looked sad. "Sooyoung I think on the surface Tiffany is scared of those things, but I honestly believe her fear runs deeper than that. I think what our favorite redhead is really afraid of is that, if she gives into what she feels for you, things might actually work out," Jonghyun said.

I have to say I thought he was a bit crazy at this point. Why would anyone actually be scared of having a relationship work out. I think Jonghyun sensed my confusion because he quickly clarified. "What I mean is if Tiffany gives into the feelings she has for you then she has to actually be gay and out and that would mean living with everything that comes with that. The impact of being raised by Mama Hwang runs deep and Tiffany is struggling with that. I think part of her feels like she doesn't deserve to be happy because her mother had made her feel so guilty and ashamed."

I sat in silence and thought about what he said. He was right. Tiffany's fear was deeper and more ingrained than I could begin to imagine. I meant what I said to her, I would wait. I love her and I would wait for her until she was ready. Tiffany Hwang was worth the wait, even if the wait took forever.

"Jonghyun-ah, what do I do now? Do I try and talk to her? Give her some space? Do I run over there and not leave until she confesses her undying love for me? What the do I do?" I asked tiredly.

"I think our Tiffany has had more than enough space. I kind of think it's time that someone slapped her into reality and got her to start facing what's going on instead of running from it like she has been." Jonghyun said passionately.

"I don't know Jonghyun, won't that just scare her off?" I asked with concern

Jonghyun just smiled, "I think it depends on who's doing the slapping."

I smiled in bewilderment, "What are you on about?"

"I think it's time I went to go see the redhead one myself." Jonghyun announced.

"Hey, Jonghyun can I ask you something?" He nodded so I continued, "Why won't she let anyone call her Ginger? I have heard you call her so many nicknames that have redhead in them but never Ginger and once I called her Ginger and she kind of abruptly told me not to."

Jonghyun smiled sadly, "Wow you called her Ginger and didn't get physically harmed? She must really care about you. It's what Jessica used to call her, and then Eunjung used to use it in a kind of cruel mocking way after the abuse started. I never liked Eunjung, and now I hate her."

"Oh," was all I could think to say. Poor Tiffany, she had been royally ed over by some of the most important people in her life.

"Yeah it was pretty horrible and now she won't tolerate anyone calling her Ginger. I actually saw her tip a glass of beer over this one guy's head when he kept calling her that. It was actually kind of funny if you didn't know the story behind her reaction." Jonghyun said sadly.

Just thinking about all that she had been through brought me to tears again. I hated that anyone had ever hurt the beautiful red hair girl, she deserved so much better from the world. Jonghyun held me against him and just let me cry for a long time. I succumbed to the comfort of his embrace and eventually fell into a restless sleep.

I woke up to find Jonghyun gone and a note propped up on the coffee table that read,

Hey Soo,

I've gone to speak to our favorite redhead, give it a few hours and then I'd suggest you go and see her yourself.

Remember eventually love trumps fear, every time.

Jonghyun

I folded the note and put it in my pocket before heading out to my car. I drove home slowly and once I got there I threw myself into bed. It had been a long and extremely draining couple of days.

I was asleep within minutes.

I was woken up later that afternoon by the sound of my phone ringing. I stumbled over to my bag which I had dropped on my way in and answered my cell phone, "Hello?"

"Sooyoung its Jonghyun. You need to go find Tiffany now, the has royally hit the ing fan." He said anxiously.

I was suddenly very awake and very alert, "What are you talking about Jonghyun?"

"I just got a phone call from Tiffany's Dad, who I think is about to go on a killing spree. Tiffany broke up with Siwon this morning and then went and confronted her mother. She came out to her mother again and they got into it in a bad way. Mr. H told me he is divorcing Moon Ye Seul and that she behaved terribly towards Tiffany." Jonghyun said, just confusing me more.

"Jonghyun I don't understand. If Tiffany broke up with that and finally stood up to her Mom, then what's the problem, that's a great thing!" I couldn't help but smile a little when I thought of Tiffany standing up for herself after all this time.

"Sooyoung I don't know how it happened but Siwon got a hold of the video that Eunjung made and put it on the web. He emailed it to everyone he and Tiffany know and posted it on about eight different websites. Sung Ki-ssi called me because it was emailed to him. He tried to call Tiffany but she's not answering, he went to her place but there was no one home. I think he might kill Siwon I really do," Jonghyun said with anger evident in his voice. If her Dad didn't kill Siwon, then I ing wanted to.

I was utterly speechless. "I've got to go find Tiffany!" I practically yelled down the line as I hung up. I grabbed my bag and raced out the door. I had to get to Tiffany.

Once I got into my car I realized I had no idea where to look so I drove to her apartment knowing it was futile to search there seeing as her Dad already had. I parked next to her little dark Hazel SUV, figuring if her car was there then she couldn't have gone too far.

I ran up the stairs and knocked on her front door, just in case she had come back. I waited a few minutes and then knocked again. Getting no response I headed back down the stairs. As I was walking past the back door to the bar I heard the unmistakable sound of piano music.

I pushed open the door, surprised to find it unlocked, and walked through the bar out to the main room. I stood in the shadows by the entry from the back of the building and looked up at the woman sitting at the upright piano on the stage. Tiffany.

Her long red hair was flowing down over her back, catching the light that streamed in from the windows. Her eyes were closed and tears were glistening on her cheeks. Her body moved in time with the music as her fingers danced across the keys. I wanted to speak, to take her in my arms and comfort her but I was loath to break the spell she was under.

Her face was full of emotion as she began to sing in a voice husky that was raw with emotion.

"I fell asleep and I woke up from my dream yeah

I looked around but it wasn't what it seemed yeah

Cause its time for me to make a change yeah

Cause its time for me to rearrange yeah

Oh oh oh Ohhh

Oh oh oh Ohhh

Something's calling out from under cover and

I'm free now

So I'm leaving

Something's calling time for self discovery

I'm free now

So I'm leaving

I'm leaving"

My eyes filled with tears that spilled down my cheeks as the emotional turmoil contained within the lyrics reached into my heart. I could feel her in every word.

"I broke a promise that I'd be honest to the very end

I couldn't be myself and you were never listening

You don't notice me cause I don't fool around

But I don't want to be in your world (in your world)

Something's calling out from under cover and

I'm free now

So I'm leaving

Something's calling time for self discovery

I'm free now

So I'm leaving

I'm leaving

It's time to go woah woah

It's time to go"

Tiffany voice rose and anguish filled the words.

"So you don't know me very well at all

You try to change me and you stress me out

Today we find out this was all a phase

I am leaving cause I've overstayed

Something's calling me…

Something's calling me…

Something's calling out from under cover and

I'm free now

So I'm leaving

Something's calling time for self discovery

I'm free now

So I'm leaving

I'm leaving

So I'm leaving

I'm leaving"

I stepped out of the shadows and into Tiffany's line of sight, she showed no surprise in seeing me there, she just ran her hand through her long red hair, pushing it back from her face. "That song was beautiful Tiffany, really incredible," I looked up at her and took a step closer, "Are you alright?"

Tiffany shrugged and wiped the tears from her cheeks with her delicate hands, "To be honest, I don't really know. It has been a rather interesting day, make that a rather interesting couple of years. I take it you heard what happened today with my mother, Siwon and then the email?"

I nodded, "Yeah Jonghyun called me after he spoke to your Dad."

"Oh ok. It's all kind of surreal." Tiffany fell silent for a moment, seeming to be in deep thought. After a few moments she looked up at me and murmured, "Um can I play you another song Soo?" Tiffany asked with a tired and very sad smile.

"Of course." I answered as I took a seat at a table near the stage.

She looked so fragile, like the lightest wind would break her. "The song before and this one I wrote after I met you, when I realized and started to acknowledge how miserable my life was, how badly I wanted out."

Tiffany closed her eyes and positioned her fingers over the piano keys. She took a deep breath and let her fingers begin their dance over the piano. She opened her eyes and they stared in front of her like she was looking at something transcendent that was a million miles away. A small smile played about her lips as she started to sing the lyrics, which seemed to pour straight from her soul.

"There's a lot that I don't know
There's a lot that I'm still learning
When I think I'm letting go
I find my body it's still burning

And they held me down
And they had me living in the past
Come on and pick me up
Somebody clear the wreckage from the blast

Yeah I'm alive
But I don't need a witness
To know that I've survived
I'm not looking for forgiveness
Yeah I just need light
I need light in the dark
As I search for the resolution

And the bars are finally closed
So I try living in the moment
For the moment it just froze
And I felt sick and so alone

I could hear the sound
Of their voices still ringing in my ear
I'm going underground
But they'll find me anywhere I fear

Yeah I'm alive
But I don't need a witness
To know that I've survived
I'm not looking for forgiveness
Yeah I just need light
I need light in the dark
As I search for the resolution

The resolution
The resolution

And they held me down
Yeah they held me down

Yeah I'm alive
But I don't need a witness
To know that I've survived
I'm not looking for forgiveness

Yeah I'm alive
But I don't need a witness
To know that I've survived
I'm not looking for forgiveness
Yeah I just need light
I need light in the dark
As I search for the resolution

I need life
I need life
(Lying in the dark as I search for the resolution)
Resolution
(Lying in the dark as I search for the resolution)
Resolution
(Lying in the dark as I search for the resolution)"

I was astounded by the raw feelings in the song, by the depth and intensity that I felt from the simple melody played on the old piano. Tiffany's eyes focused back in the present and she looked over at me.

"What does it mean Tiffany?" I asked getting up to walk towards the stage and the beautiful, mesmerizing musician seated at the ancient piano.

"They are just songs Sooyoung, they don't have to mean anything." Tiffany said as she idly tapped away at the piano keys, her nervous habit that I had fallen in love with.

"I get the feeling that both the songs you just played mean something, something pretty significant to you. Are you going to tell me, or should I just guess?" I asked gently.

Tiffany closed the lid over the piano keys and got to her feet. She leaped gracefully down off the stage and brushed past me as she walked across the room and behind the bar to grab two beers. I followed behind her. She slid one of the beers over to me, opened her own and took a long drink from the bottle. "I don't know what you want me to say Sooyoung?"

I scoffed, "Actually you know exactly what I want you to say. I want you to just for once say it, tell me what you want! Tell me how you feel."

Tiffany took another drink from the bottle of beer in her hands and set it down on the smooth wood of the bar. She sighed and pushed her hair back from her face. "You're right I know what I need to say, what I should have said long before this. What I said to you the other night, when I told you that if it wasn't for the past I could fall in love with you, well that wasn't entirely true."

I felt panic rising in my chest, was she about to tell me that she could never love me? Was I about to lose her before I even had the chance to have her? I didn't think my heart could survive another blow from this woman.

"It wasn't entirely true because I was and am already in love with you, desperately and irrevocably. I've been so stupid Sooyoung, so stupid and so scared. I'm sorry for that, I wasted so much time being afraid. I hurt both of us with my fear and I won't do that anymore," Tiffany murmured staring down at her beer.

I moved my hand to her face and tilted her chin so I could look into the endless depths of her beautiful hazel eyes. "I told you I would wait for you to be ready and I meant it, I fell in love with you the day I met you Tiffany Hwang and I would wait forever. I understand why you were scared but I hope you know you don't have to be afraid of me."

Tiffany answered my question by leaning in and capturing my lips in a kiss of infinite tenderness. There would be time for kisses of hunger, passion and lust, but it wasn't now. Her lips moved softly against mine as I wrapped my arms around her waist to pull her closer to me. Her hands came up and cupped my face as one kiss became another and another.

We kissed until we were both breathless and then we pulled back to rest our foreheads against each other. All that was running through my mind was the fact that she had kissed me, she had kissed me and now she wasn't running. Then another thought had to invade my mind. "Tiffany you need to call your Dad, he saw the email from Siwon and is really worried about you," I said quietly.

Tiffany sighed and stepped out of my arms to slump on a stool at the bar. She wearily rubbed her eyes, "Have you seen the video?"

"No I haven't." I said moving to her side and putting a hand on her shoulder. Tiffany reached up to cover my hand with her own.

"Oh, do you know who he sent it to?" She asked. Her tone was impossible to decipher. I couldn't tell what she was thinking, which worried me.

"From what your Dad told Jonghyun it was emailed to people both of you know and, oh God, it was posted on eight different websites," I answered tentatively.

I wasn't entirely sure how I expected her to react, but I have to say I was shocked. Tiffany shook her head and then burst out laughing. The musical sound of her laughter echoed around the empty bar and made me start to think that she had lost her ing mind.

I stared at her incredulously for a moment and then had to ask, "Um Hazel, why are you laughing?"

Tiffany just shook her head and laughed harder. Tears of mirth filled her eyes and ran down her cheeks. She laughed until she was gasping for air and clutching at her side. I just stared at her at a complete loss of what to do. Tiffany got herself under control and wiped the last few tears from her face. She grinned over at me and said, "You must think I've finally gone crazy, but I swear I haven't. It's just that for so long I was terrified of what would happen if that video got out, or if people knew what had happened to me and now it's out there and the world hasn't ended."

I stared at her in wonder, this was the Tiffany I saw while the music was playing, the confident, strong, passionate woman who wouldn't let the world get her down. I smiled at her and she stood up to pull me into her arms. I spread my hands over her back and held her close to me, her body fitting perfectly with mine.

"You're right Hazel, the world didn't end," I murmured against her neck. Tiffany shivered as my breath tickled her skin and held me closer.

"I hate Siwon for this, I really do, and I won't let him poison my life any more. I just wish I knew how he got that video, that's the part I don't understand," Tiffany said softly as she ran her hands up and down my back.

I pulled back and looked up into her Hazel eyes, which were troubled, "Hazel I hate him too and just say the word and I'll have some friends 'talk' to him," Tiffany chuckled and shook her head, "Do you have any idea how he got the video?"

"I don't know. As far as I was told the only copy in existence is locked in a police evidence room. Wait…hang on a second…that !" Tiffany snarled. I jumped back, her outburst scaring me just a tad. Tiffany moved out of my arms and began pacing angrily across the floor, "She wouldn't, she couldn't. ! It had to have been her, there is no one else!" Tiffany yelled, slamming her fist down on the bar hard.

"Tiffany, who?!" I asked moving to stand in front of her.

Tiffany was so angry that tears were filling her eyes and her body was shaking. She let out a harsh laugh, "My mother," She spat out the word like it left a bad taste in .

I looked at her in horror, "She wouldn't, would she?"

Tiffany laughed harshly again, "There is nothing that woman wouldn't do to try and control me. ! I'm going to kill her!"

Tiffany went to run out the door but I grabbed her arm and held her back, "Wait, let's think about this…"

I would have continued but the door to the bar was thrown open and in ran Mr. Hwang, Kris and two people I hadn't met but I assumed were Tiffany's brother Yunho and his wife BoA. "Stephanie Hwang Miyoung! Do you have any idea how worried I've been!" Mr. Hwang yelled as he crossed the room and pulled his daughter into his arms.

Kris came over and slung an arm round my shoulder comfortingly, he's a good guy. Tiffany clung to her Dad and murmured how sorry she was. Once she was released she hugged Yunho and BoA before hugging both Kris and me at once. Tiffany took my hand and led me over to the family, "Yunho, BoA, this is Choi Sooyoung. Soo this is my brother Yunho and his wife BoA." They both smile warmly at me and we shook hands.

BoA turned to Tiffany and nudged her side, "So this is Sooyoung huh, you're right she is hot!" Tiffany blushed and shushed BoA while I grinned.

Tiffany looked over at her Dad who was watching her as if he was waiting for her to break down, it's probably the same way I was looking at her before. "Dad don't worry I'm not going to fall apart, not this time. I won't let them take anymore from me," Tiffany took a deep breath and squeezed my hand, "Dad I think it was Ye Seul who gave Siwon the video of what Eunjung did to me."

Mr. Hwang looked livid, I swear I have never seen someone so enraged. By the looks on Yunho, Kris and BoA's faces they had been told the story of what had happened, each of them looked furious and sad at the same time. I looked at Tiffany and saw her swallow around the lump in .

Tiffany dropped my hand and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. I slung mine around her waist and melded my body to hers as we all stood in silence trying to process what Moon Ye Seul and Siwon had done. Tiffany's face became hard with determination as she tightened her hold on me, "I think it's time we went to see my ex-boyfriend."

---------

Hmm revenge, confrontation, a pillow fight? :p Imagine the possibilities…so what do you guys think I should do?

 

Song in this chapter:

Leaving by Jag Star but I have altered the lyrics slightly to make it fit this fic a little better.

The Resolution by Jack's Mannequin (again I altered the lyrics slightly to make them fit)

 

bye for now!

love you! xD